-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Hey all, are most of you aiming for 500 words? I feel like there's not much more I can write but my responses are only like 250 words, is this too short?
I aim for 75% (375 words) but just write until you feel like you’ve explained yourself
Last edited:
I wonder how many times i gotta refresh my email till i see an email from Stony[emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
biggkahuna
Full Member
II received today! Lizzy M 67, ORM, IS, reapplicant, CASPR 4th Quartile
Last edited:
II received today! Lizzy M 67, ORM, IS, reapplicant
Congrats!! When did you complete, if you don’t mind sharing.
biggkahuna
Full Member
7/24Congrats!! When did you complete, if you don’t mind sharing.
Btw has anyone received an II with a 1-2Q score on Casper? I feel like stony may screen based off casper scores or at least take them into heavy consideration….
I got one with a 2Q casper so I think there's definitely more things going into the review than thatBtw has anyone received an II with a 1-2Q score on Casper? I feel like stony may screen based off casper scores or at least take them into heavy consideration….
II earlier today, submitted 6/29.
PremedKid4
Full Member
stats?II earlier today, submitted 6/29.
I'm guessing you're on mobile because I think signatures in general are not visible that way for some reason. Here are my stats from my signature: LM 81.6 || ORM || Non-Trad || EMT || Research || 4Q CA$PERstats?
I think they said they will email you the times a few days beforeDoes anyone know the times of interview day yet?
Just received II!
IS ORM Complete 7/06 LM 72 Casper 4th quartile
IS ORM Complete 7/06 LM 72 Casper 4th quartile
traveler15
Full Member
II received today!!! LM 71, ORM, IS, 4th Q casper, Complete 7/21/2022
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-med student 8157
Full Member
II IS ORM
PremedKid4
Full Member
completion date? congrats btw🙂II IS ORM
pre-med student 8157
Full Member
Thanks 🙂 it was early july!completion date? congrats btw🙂
Just out of curiosity, what is the earliest month available for interviews, for people who have received IIs recently?
late octoberJust out of curiosity, what is the earliest month available for interviews, for people who have received IIs recently?
traveler15
Full Member
I put it in the applicant photo section tab that came up when it says upload a photo before selecting a dateWhere should we upload our ID photos? In the documents section or the "applicant photo" section?
IS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete on 6/27/22. Good luck to the other applicants!
PremedKid4
Full Member
This is especially great news considering that such an early in state applicant got their interview just nowIS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete on 6/27/22. Good luck to the other applicants!
congrats <3
Last edited:
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
II, IS, Complete early August, LM 65!
After searching through the past 2 cycles' threads, I was wondering if this year, there was an interview day? Like on the day of or a little before your interview, you get a virtual tour with a bunch of presentations? It seemed in 2019-2020 there was, but not for 2020-2021 which I believe is due to the ongoing pandemic. I assume it's the latter for this year, as well?
traveler15
Full Member
There are additional information sessions where you speak to staff and students. They emailed me after I received my interview invite with the dates of these sessions and I signed up for one.After searching through the past 2 cycles' threads, I was wondering if this year, there was an interview day? Like on the day of or a little before your interview, you get a virtual tour with a bunch of presentations? It seemed in 2019-2020 there was, but not for 2020-2021 which I believe is due to the ongoing pandemic. I assume it's the latter for this year, as well?
Ooo gotcha. Is it bad that I did not receive such an email lolThere are additional information sessions where you speak to staff and students. They emailed me after I received my interview invite with the dates of these sessions and I signed up for one.
EDIT: jk my slot is quite some time away and I'll get it closer to then
Has anyone interviewed here yet? How did it go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!Has anyone interviewed here yet? How did it go?
Are there any curriculum presentations, student panels, etc…? Or is just the two interviews straight up?It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!
Also, is it in the morning or afternoon (so I can plan or not plan to take a day off for it)?
Wishing you the best of luck with Stony!
Thank you so much!!It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!
They'll send you an email closer to your date with info about admissions sessions- I went the week before my interview. As for times, you'll get your schedule a few days before along with the names of your interviewers. Good luck!Are there any curriculum presentations, student panels, etc…? Or is just the two interviews straight up?
Also, is it in the morning or afternoon (so I can plan or not plan to take a day off for it)?
Wishing you the best of luck with Stony!
Thanks for the feedback! Was it open or close file? And did the interviewers have a set list of questions already, or was it purely conversational?It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!
It was so conversational that I couldn't tell whether it was open or closed. Lots of opened ended questions like why Stony, what are you interested in researching, what activities did you do on campus, etc. I didn't get the sense that they were going down a list...just trying to find out more about me and my interests.
With the why research, are you MD/PhD? Or a lot of research on your app? Asking because I assumed since I had research on my app and chose not to apply MD/PhD that they would ask why aren't you, so that's interesting! Thanks for all the wonderful insight though!It was so conversational that I couldn't tell whether it was open or closed. Lots of opened ended questions like why Stony, what are you interested in researching, what activities did you do on campus, etc. I didn't get the sense that they were going down a list...just trying to find out more about me and my interests.
Just MD, but yeah, lot of research on my app. Believe me, this interview was one of my chillest thus far!
ah this makes me feel so much better :') thank you!Just MD, but yeah, lot of research on my app. Believe me, this interview was one of my chillest thus far!
PremedKid4
Full Member
If you can't find a medical student, I was a undergrad student here if you had general campus questionsAny current students here that I can dm a few questions regarding the school? (or just ask here if that's easier!)
Haha same, a fellow seawolf. Thank you though!If you can't find a medical student, I was a undergrad student here if you had general campus questions
PremedKid4
Full Member
II, In state, LizzyM 73, ORM, done early july, undergrad kid
been waiting for a long time and thought i got passed over. giant hypocrite for this but truly just gotta be patient
Congrats broooo
KenyanArizona
New Member
Anyone with a Q1 Casper score get an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed232323
New Member
what is the LM of the average accepted stony applicant? coming from an applicant with a 72
PremedKid4
Full Member
yup, which is at 73 @premed232323idk their LM…thats not an admissions metric lol. But I think their MCAT is like a 517? and gpa 3.8?
showkayaker
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed here and can tell us how it went, what type of qs to expect?
D
deleted1144053
my exact stats!! fingers crossed i see an II soon!! one of my top schools!II, IS, Complete early August, LM 65!
SitBackDown.ImSat
Full Member
I'm rooting for you!!!my exact stats!! fingers crossed i see an II soon!! one of my top schools!