You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ilovepi314
Full Member
is anybody else having trouble joining the AIS today? it keeps saying I need to have an "authenticated Zoom account."
nit010203
New Member
I did too, a lot of people had to join with the dial in phone call optionis anybody else having trouble joining the AIS today? it keeps saying I need to have an "authenticated Zoom account."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this is because Stony uses Zoom links that are connected to stonybrook.edu, so you won't be allowed to join from non-Stony Brook emails (at least, this is how it works for their grad school)is anybody else having trouble joining the AIS today? it keeps saying I need to have an "authenticated Zoom account."
thecheddar
Full Member
IS II last week, complete early Aug
This might be a really stupid question, but is an interview at the end of october considered a "late" interview? I'm just anxious that I shot myself in the foot by pushing back my interview for 2 weeks to the end of october because I'll be out of town.
showkayaker
Full Member
Omg I literally did the same thing and have been going crazy for how stupid I am. What I am telling myself is that October is still earlier, since I think they interview till Feb and theres nothing I can do about it now
This might be a really stupid question, but is an interview at the end of october considered a "late" interview? I'm just anxious that I shot myself in the foot by pushing back my interview for 2 weeks to the end of october because I'll be out of town.
True – I've also been telling myself that this was my best option but there's always that nagging voice in the back of my head going BUT WHAT IF !!Omg I literally did the same thing and have been going crazy for how stupid I am. What I am telling myself is that October is still earlier, since I think they interview till Feb and theres nothing I can do about it now
I think if they asked you to interview with them earlier in the cycle and you ended up getting a later date (or rescheduling to one), that's fine! My big had a friend who used to be on their student interview committee a few years ago who said that if they ask you before November, it means they want you because apparently, they rank their candidates from high scores and interest and send those IIs earlier on. Totally could be bs but at least that's what he told meThis might be a really stupid question, but is an interview at the end of october considered a "late" interview? I'm just anxious that I shot myself in the foot by pushing back my interview for 2 weeks to the end of october because I'll be out of town.
showkayaker
Full Member
wow thank you! lol I sure hope thats true 🙂I think if they asked you to interview with them earlier in the cycle and you ended up getting a later date (or rescheduling to one), that's fine! My big had a friend who used to be on their student interview committee a few years ago who said that if they ask you before November, it means they want you because apparently, they rank their candidates from high scores and interest and send those IIs earlier on. Totally could be bs but at least that's what he told me
premed232323
New Member
high scores as in high gpa/mcat or high scores as in whatever method they use to evaluate and rank applicantsI think if they asked you to interview with them earlier in the cycle and you ended up getting a later date (or rescheduling to one), that's fine! My big had a friend who used to be on their student interview committee a few years ago who said that if they ask you before November, it means they want you because apparently, they rank their candidates from high scores and interest and send those IIs earlier on. Totally could be bs but at least that's what he told me
gpa/mcathigh scores as in high gpa/mcat or high scores as in whatever method they use to evaluate and rank applicants
Ive been complete since 07/20 and its been so silent that i dont even hear crickets[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! So excited. LM 65. Complete 8/17.
F1andHopeful
Full Member
II today. 506, 3.97. Was worried about my stats.
any OOS IIs here?
are you seeing any dates? I don't see any available ones to schedule the interviewIS II now. Submitted late august 🙂
are you seeing any dates? I don't see any available ones to schedule the interview
I got an II yesterday and all the dates available are in December. You have to click forward to December to select a date. Only 12/8 and 12/9 were open when I checked yesterday. You also need to submit a picture of your ID.
hmm okay then, weird bc nothing is available for me
I got an II yesterday and all the dates available are in December. You have to click forward to December to select a date. Only 12/8 and 12/9 were open when I checked yesterday. You also need to submit a picture of your ID.
Ear_BS
Full Member
Nope, email says we can expect new dates in 3-5 days.are you seeing any dates? I don't see any available ones to schedule the interview
Ahh okay thanks, totally skipped over that
Nope, email says we can expect new dates in 3-5 days.
II today! App completed 08/30
LM 68.8 / WARS 81 / 4Q C4sp3r / URM / In-state
Multiple dates in December were available
LM 68.8 / WARS 81 / 4Q C4sp3r / URM / In-state
Multiple dates in December were available
II international student 10/9
ilovepi314
Full Member
dress code for AIS?
IS II LM 64.90, URM, Completed 09/01, received 1:36pm 10/13. oof I'm really thankful, keep the faith y'all. you got this!!!
SMORRO
Full Member
Congratulations to you! Best of luck on the interview and this app cycle!IS II LM 64.90, URM, Completed 09/01, received 1:36pm 10/13. oof I'm really thankful, keep the faith y'all. you got this!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed232323
New Member
would anyone who has already interviewed share what their experience was like?
my interviewers were very friendly. Clearly read my app and asked specific questions about my journey and activities. No gotcha questions of any kind.would anyone who has already interviewed share what their experience was like?
premed232323
New Member
thank you so much! were there any questions like tell me about a time you were in x situation/when you did this, etc?my interviewers were very friendly. Clearly read my app and asked specific questions about my journey and activities. No gotcha questions of any kind.
Seconding what the other person said. Definitely felt like they read my app and took good notes. Was also very conversational. They did ask a few "tell me about a time" questions, I think about persistence and/or failure, but it was not bad at all.thank you so much! were there any questions like tell me about a time you were in x situation/when you did this, etc?
I only got a tell me abt a challenge q. But that was it! Lol. Rest was very organic.thank you so much! were there any questions like tell me about a time you were in x situation/when you did this, etc?
Nothing yet for me!Has anyone heard back yet post-II?
llamanutella
New Member
None for me either
I think they said up to 6 weeks?does anyone know when we are expected to find out post II?
appleskin29
Full Member
Just got my OOS II
showkayaker
Full Member
Just got my OOS II
Hi! Just wondering, when was the earliest you were able to schedule?II as well, OOS
appleskin29
Full Member
January 12th was the earliest optionHi! Just wondering, when was the earliest you were able to schedule?
congrats!!!!!! :,)Just got my OOS II
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Premed Friend
Full Member
Just got my acceptance! 9/30 interview date*
Last edited:
Received A via email. Interviewed on 9/16. Gosh, I'm numb...I'm gonna be a doctor guys! Good luck to everyone who interviewed!!
showkayaker
Full Member
Congrats!!
Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous
Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous
Received A via email. Interviewed on 9/16. Gosh, I'm numb...I'm gonna be a doctor guys! Good luck to everyone who interviewed!!
Just got my acceptance! 9/30 interview date*
LM: 81 and WARS: 95. Don't be nervous, you got this!! For my interview, I really emphasized why I wanted to attend Stony Brook, pointing out the specific labs I would be interested and the areas of research I would engage in. Show them how awesome you are!!Congrats!!
Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous
Interviewed 9/20 and nothing yet 🙁