2022-2023 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II today! Complete 7/11 and 2nd quartile CASPer if anyone is interested. The earliest available interview date was mid-January. Congrats to those who have been accepted!
 
OOS II too! Complete back in june lol! I dont see any dates available so I guess I will have to check back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The II fountain seems to have slowed down to a trickle [emoji22]

I think their website says the interview through March but most are completed by January. Most of the recent people who recieved II had only January dates available so I’m sure they’ve offered a good chunk of their interviews which is why it’s slowed down. But like their site says they’ll interview through March and as people who have been accepted before December decline I’m sure more II will get sent out. Don’t lose faith!!! I know someone who interviewed in February here a few years back and got accepted
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone CC the admissions office when you sent your thank you notes to your interviewers? Someone told me we had to so they can add it to our file but I never recalled being told that!
 
Did anyone send thank you notes to the adcom email and they were posted the document upload section on the portal? I sent an update letter that was posted there by the admissions committee, but my thank you notes were not.
 
Same I didn't know this, I just sent them directly to my interviewers. Would this negatively impact our apps?
I did the same because I didn't know as well and don't remember it being mentioned during my interview/informational session. I wouldn't sweat it though. Thank you letters are just something that come from the heart and a way to show gratitude. No way they are used as a metric to judge who should and should not be admitted.
 
I did the same because I didn't know as well and don't remember it being mentioned during my interview/informational session. I wouldn't sweat it though. Thank you letters are just something that come from the heart and a way to show gratitude. No way they are used as a metric to judge who should and should not be admitted.
I interviewed this month and the person running the interview zoom link said they are entirely optional, so they are definitely not used for anything. Thanking your interviewers is enough! It sucks that this process is so tedious that we worry over tiny things like this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad