You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II!!!!
Are the interview dates all filled? Got an II 2 hrs ago but don't see any open dates
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't see any either
Are the interview dates all filled? Got an II 2 hrs ago but don't see any open dates
Called admissions and they said they will be posting more availability for February soon.Are the interview dates all filled? Got an II 2 hrs ago but don't see any open dates
Last edited:
Thank you! And good luck for tmrw!I had one date available...tomorrow morning. I took it. Called admissions to make sure that was correct and they said they will be posting more availability for February soon.
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Anyone have any tips or tricks for the interview? Personally I’m quite nervous!!
I interviewed 11/17 and remember someone saying we would hear in the 3rd week of January... so maybe today's the day?Still waiting to hear back from my interview on 11/18.
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
The interview is very well organized! The staff is very helpful and kind. It was honestly kind of fun. It was one of few interviews that I actually enjoyed. I really liked everyone that I met and loved the overall vibe of the school. Toledo gives you plenty of time between each scenario which not all schools do, so don't worry about having to rush between scenarios. One tip I would say is to pay close attention to the Eastern time that is displayed on the portal if you are calling in from a different time zone. Another is to not let one bad scenario impact the others, there were a couple of scenarios where I thought I did very poorly on, but I did not let that impact my other scenarios and it seems to have worked in my favor. Also keep practicing MMI questions, record yourself, watch/listen to them and keep practicing. Congrats on your interview invite and good luck!Anyone have any tips or tricks for the interview? Personally I’m quite nervous!!
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
The interview is very well organized! The staff is very helpful and kind. It was honestly kind of fun. It was one of few interviews that I actually enjoyed. I really liked everyone that I met and loved the overall vibe of the school. Toledo gives you plenty of time between each scenario which not all schools do, so don't worry about having to rush between scenarios. One tip I would say is to pay close attention to the Eastern time that is displayed on the portal if you are calling in from a different time zone. Another is to not let one bad scenario impact the others, there were a couple of scenarios where I thought I did very poorly on, but I did not let that impact my other scenarios and it seems to have worked in my favor. Also keep practicing MMI questions, record yourself, watch/listen to them and keep practicing. Congrats on your interview invite and good luck!
Thank you this is very detailed! Is each station like 2 min to read and 6 to answer or a different breakdown?
My prediction is that the next round of acceptances will be sent on the first week of February (possibly ~Feb. 3rd) . . .I interviewed 11/17 and remember someone saying we would hear in the 3rd week of January... so maybe today's the day?
This is based on the fact that the other round of acceptances were on the first weeks as well (December and January). Specifically, first week of the month, on a Friday. You can see that pattern if you go back to the previous comments in this 2022-2023 Toledo thread.
Edit: Actually, approx. Thursday-Friday, or the following Monday (if there was a holiday). (I'm thinking ~Feb. 2nd...)
Last edited:
Just wanted to say the interview was actually a lot of fun and I felt like I really connected with a couple of my interviewers. Native Toledoan so this is my #1 choice school. Good luck to everyone and hope we all hear back soon 🙂
future_is_the_future
New Member
Hey guys! Just want to send this out again, but DM me to be added to the GroupMe for accepted students. I can send you the link🙂
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
Are interviews usually within a week from receiving II. I just received an II and I only have two choices one this Friday and one on Tuesday. Is it possible to call the admission office to request a later interview date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
My interview was three days after my invite. I think this was probably because someone had withdrawn their application and I got their spot so maybe that is what is happening in your case. I’m not sure if you can request a later date but I feel like they must be at least a little understanding that people might not be able to drop everything for an interview on such short notice.Are interviews usually within a week from receiving II. I just received an II and I only have two choices one this Friday and one on Tuesday. Is it possible to call the admission office to request a later interview date.
Do you mean decision after II or before?Anyone else get an email saying the final decision process is taking longer than anticipated due to "unforeseen circumstances"?
AfterDo you mean decision after II or before?
Dang, when did you interview?After
11/17. It's a very generic email stating that they're delayedDang, when did you interview?
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Did anyone not get the care package they mentioned? Interviewed about a week ago and my mailbox is still empty lol
Just curious as to what it was!
Just curious as to what it was!
I also didn't, but mine was pretty recent so maybe it's on the way. They did say to reach out if you didn't receive it yet during our interview day.Did anyone not get the care package they mentioned? Interviewed about a week ago and my mailbox is still empty lol
Just curious as to what it was!
Geez, well good luck! Wondering what this could mean for January interviewees 😅11/17. It's a very generic email stating that they're delayed
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
I just got mine this past weekend and I interviewed 11/18Did anyone not get the care package they mentioned? Interviewed about a week ago and my mailbox is still empty lol
Just curious as to what it was!
I also haven't gotten mine... Interviewed 11/17 lolI just got mine this past weekend and I interviewed 11/18
Is anyone else waiting since an October interview? Seeing all the November people waiting made me feel a bit anxious, but I also checked the past years' Toledo threads and apparently in some years it is not uncommon (i.e., acceptance status given for October interviewees in early February) . . .
Fingers crossed for this upcoming Thursday! (Feb. 2nd, 2023) 🤗😣
Fingers crossed for this upcoming Thursday! (Feb. 2nd, 2023) 🤗😣
Yes! Interviewed Oct 25 and still waiting on a response. Received the email saying the process was taking longer than normal but fingers crossed for Thursday 🤞Is anyone else waiting since an October interview? Seeing all the November people waiting made me feel a bit anxious, but I also checked the past years' Toledo threads and apparently in some years it is not uncommon (i.e., acceptance status given for October interviewees in early February) . . .
Fingers crossed for this upcoming Thursday! (Feb. 2nd, 2023) 🤗😣
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
How many stations were there for the MMI? Do you get like a 10 minute break in between
8 stations total, and at each station you get 2 minutes to read the prompt, 8 to hop in the zoom rooms and answer + follow ups, and a 5 minute break 🙂How many stations were there for the MMI? Do you get like a 10 minute break in between
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
thanks!8 stations total, and at each station you get 2 minutes to read the prompt, 8 to hop in the zoom rooms and answer + follow ups, and a 5 minute break 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
All MMIAre the stations all MMI or is there a personal insight one that's structured as a traditional interview?
So... the pattern of the first Thursday of the month has been broken 😵😅😳, they did say they were experiencing some kind of delay or so . . .
Oh well, fingers crossed for whatever day(s) that will be for February . . . next week or so maybe . . . (?)
Oh well, fingers crossed for whatever day(s) that will be for February . . . next week or so maybe . . . (?)
milesofmedicine
Full Member
IS ii today! Is anyone familiar with whether this school gives out good financial aid?
Did anyone else get some kind of "Additional Resources" email (i.e., Zoom meetings) today? o.o
(Post-II)
(Post-II)
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
+1Did anyone else get some kind of "Additional Resources" email (i.e., Zoom meetings) today? o.o
(Post-II)
Go to those! The UTCOMLS Ambassadors are hosting Zoom meet n greets where you get to chat with current students and ask questions about the school!Did anyone else get some kind of "Additional Resources" email (i.e., Zoom meetings) today? o.o
(Post-II)
Dogtor2000
Full Member
Anyone else who interviewed not receive the “care package” in the mail they mentioned? I was curious about what’s in it
FutureDocPlease
Full Member
I have been complete since September... Do they do silent R's or is there still hope for an II?
I have been complete since September... Do they do silent R's or is there still hope for an II?
Still hope. Last year they interviewed in May…..
applicanttime
New Member
I
I did not receive mine until after I was accepted haha.. it took a while!Anyone else who interviewed not receive the “care package” in the mail they mentioned? I was curious about what’s in it
Maybe it was the image puzzle thingy, where you put the pieces together and it makes a picture of the Toledo med school? 🤔 . . .Anyone else who interviewed not receive the “care package” in the mail they mentioned? I was curious about what’s in it
just got an IS II (complete 8/5) but will be declining - I hope it goes to someone here still waiting!!
OOS II today! Only available dates were this Thursday or Friday. LM 73.6, complete early August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?OMG A VIA EMAIL TODAY!!! MY FIRST MD SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
didi868
Full Member
11/18When did you interview?
Alwaysthesecondary
Full Member
CONGRATS BB!!! YOU GONNA BE THE BEST DOCTOR EVAOMG A VIA EMAIL TODAY!!! MY FIRST MD SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]