You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
For those that got II within the last few weeks, how soon after your invite is/was your interview? I got the invite yesterday and the first two available options for an interview day were 11/17 and 11/18. I was expecting to have to scheduled for at least a few weeks out.
Mine was two weeks after receiving IIFor those that got II within the last few weeks, how soon after your invite is/was your interview? I got the invite yesterday and the first two available options for an interview day were 11/17 and 11/18. I was expecting to have to scheduled for at least a few weeks out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone may have cancelled theirs and left you an opening!For those that got II within the last few weeks, how soon after your invite is/was your interview? I got the invite yesterday and the first two available options for an interview day were 11/17 and 11/18. I was expecting to have to scheduled for at least a few weeks out.
IS II today, complete 8/16 LM:71
So, for those who finished the MD part (MD-PhD applicants for Toledo's), have you heard back on when the PhD interview part will start? I am assuming we might hear back soon-ish, maybe Nov.-December, perhaps?
They accept update letters, when I interviewed last year they told me they would probably read updates until 5 days after the interview give or take@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors I see that there is a place for documents to be uploaded in application portal but there is no mention on the portal or website if update letters are accepted?
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
I can confirm this to be accurate for this year. I interviewed on Friday and they said to make sure that if we want to submit an update to make sure we do so before November 30th because that is when our file is sent for final decision. So it depends on when you interview.They accept update letters, when I interviewed last year they told me they would probably read updates until 5 days after the interview give or take
As others have said, update letters are accepted! It is best to get them in as soon as possible after your interview to ensure they are read during the final review of your application.@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors I see that there is a place for documents to be uploaded in application portal but there is no mention on the portal or website if update letters are accepted?
Complete by 8/12. OOS with LM score of 71. What are my chances of an interview at this stage in the cycle?
Medical School Class Profile of Entering Class
Medical School Class Profile for The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences.
Here's our class profile page. Quite a few of my classmates come from out of state but most of them have some tie to Ohio or Toledo specifically, are doing MD/PhD, or did one of Toledo's special programs like the master's or Medstart. Even among the IS crowd, special preference is given to people who have ties to Toledo.
I have not had an interview nor interview invite. So, in my situation I was hoping to provide an update as to what I have been doing since submitting activities in the primary (there was no place in the secondary to do this). It was only mentioned by the people above to submit an update letter after an interview but I assume it is also appropriate to do so prior to receiving an interview invite as well?As others have said, update letters are accepted! It is best to get them in as soon as possible after your interview to ensure they are read during the final review of your application.
What I mean is, granted you get an interview, they will review all updates you have sent thus far until a short time frame after your interview. Meaning updates before your II, interview and around a week give or take after your interview. So go ahead and send! Sorry if this was not clear before 🙂I have not had an interview nor interview invite. So, in my situation I was hoping to provide an update as to what I have been doing since submitting activities in the primary (there was no place in the secondary to do this). It was only mentioned by the people above to submit an update letter after an interview but I assume it is also appropriate to do so prior to receiving an interview invite as well?
No worries, I appreciate the help!What I mean is, granted you get an interview, they will review all updates you have sent thus far until a short time frame after your interview. Meaning updates before your II, interview and around a week give or take after your interview. So go ahead and send! Sorry if this was not clear before 🙂
forscythia
Full Member
Anyone heard back yet? Been nearly 2 months and I'm getting antsy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_is_the_future
New Member
One more day I guess for them to get back to us before Thanksgiving 🤷♀️
D
deleted1140198
Same. It’s honestly very irritating to me especially because they said we’d hear back literally weeks ago.Anyone heard back yet? Been nearly 2 months and I'm getting antsy
Yes, it’s appropriate to send one before being invited to interview as well if you have significant updates to your application since submitting the primary. I apologize for the misunderstanding!I have not had an interview nor interview invite. So, in my situation I was hoping to provide an update as to what I have been doing since submitting activities in the primary (there was no place in the secondary to do this). It was only mentioned by the people above to submit an update letter after an interview but I assume it is also appropriate to do so prior to receiving an interview invite as well?
forscythia
Full Member
Sent an email this week asking if they had any updates on when we would hear back. Has anyone who interviewed gotten a decision? Of any sort?
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.
Sent an email this week asking if they had any updates on when we would hear back. Has anyone who interviewed gotten a decision? Of any sort?
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.
Nope, still waiting [emoji24][emoji24] I sent an email and didn’t get a response either [emoji854]
From speaking with a member of the admissions committee, it seems like an additional step has been added to the post-interview review so that all members of the committee are involved in each interviewees decision, with the intent to ensure fairness and integrity across the entire process. This might be why wait-times are longer this year, so we apologize for the delay. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!Sent an email this week asking if they had any updates on when we would hear back. Has anyone who interviewed gotten a decision? Of any sort?
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.
D
deleted1140198
Anyone hear yet? It has been 2 months since my interview lol.
A email today. Interviewed in late Sept. OOS
I was actually starting to think it was a silent R lol. Hopefully other people hear back too!
I was actually starting to think it was a silent R lol. Hopefully other people hear back too!
D
deleted1140198
A!!! wooooo hooooo
forscythia
Full Member
JUST GOT THE A!!!
D
deleted1140198
Sept 29!Congrats to you all!! When did you all interview? I'm guessing I still have some time until I get my decision.
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Does anyone know if they take update letters?
D
deleted1140198
they do! i uploaded one and got an II a week later (idk if it was a coincidence!)Does anyone know if they take update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
forscythia
Full Member
Me too!!Sept 29!
A email today. Interviewed in late Sept. OOS
I was actually starting to think it was a silent R lol. Hopefully other people hear back too!
A!!!
JUST GOT THE A!!!
Congratulations you guys!!! Please come check us out in the coming months with a tour or First Look!!! And as always if you have any questions please reach out. Your A's are extremely well deserved, good job!!! 😊😊😊A!!! wooooo hooooo
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
I interviewed on 11/18 and they told us they we would hear back around the third week of January. The holidays delay things a little.Does anybody know the next time they might send out decisions?
WL for regular MD today. Interviewed late Oct
So medical student council elections happen next week for us, and after that sometime our class will make a Facebook for your class. Beyond that, you guys will have to make a GroupMe, discord, or whatever else you guys wanna use! They're not hard to make and it would help you guys a lot more than you might think before med school starts!Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe yet?
Also to all accepted peeps, get started on your health forms! They can be a very long process to complete, and school is hard enough! Don't make it harder for yourself by having incomplete stuff in your first few weeks! You should have gotten information in your amp portals on how to fill that out but I'm serious guys, don't delay!!!
future_is_the_future
New Member
I have the link to a groupMe for accepted students! Feel free to join🙂Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe yet?
DM me for the link and I can get you added
Last edited:
Pre-II R!
Pre-II R!
sorry to hear that. when were you complete?
Is Toledo still sending out invites!
Historically they send out invites much further out than just January, sometimes all the way as far out as May/JuneIs Toledo still sending out invites!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow that's so late! it's exhausting to think of waiting that longHistorically they send out invites much further out than just January, sometimes all the way as far out as May/June
Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten an acceptance??
LudicoloCanMove
Full Member
Still waiting to hear back from my interview on 11/18.Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten an acceptance??
alwaysdreaming
Full Member
Interviewed November 1 and accepted Jan 5!Has anyone who interviewed in November gotten an acceptance??
HarryStyles<3
Full Member
Secondary submitted in early September. Haven't heard anything back since submitting. Anyone else in the same boat?