2022-2023 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it take for letters to get marked received? Mine are still showing as not received, although they show up under document status.
High-key suggest reaching out to the admissions office for this one. Be sure to call them so someone can verify they have your letters over the phone. They get a pretty high volume of applications and emails so making sure someone is present for you is key!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II at 12:45pm today! Secondary submitted 8/5. OOS URM

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
II at 12:45pm today! Secondary submitted 8/5. OOS URM
Star Wars Fun GIF by MOODMAN

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got notification of the interview invite in the mail today. Included a cute little puzzle and a notepad.

• Love
  • Care
Does Toledo usually send Pre-II Rs throughout the cycle or all towards the end?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does Toledo usually send Pre-II Rs throughout the cycle or all towards the end?
Towards the end, I don't think huge pre-II R waves went out last cycle until about March or so

• Care
Late posting this, but I had my interview here. It was nice, very welcoming environment. It was a small group of interviewees. I really liked their MMI. Don’t be afraid of the MMI and good luck to everyone.

• Care
  • Love
@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors Do interview invitations typically go out on Fridays?
There doesn’t seem to be a specific day of the week that’s dedicated for sending out IIs. Applications are reviewed in batches and IIs are sent out once the committee has completed the review of that batch, which can vary based on each member’s timeline.

Last edited:
  • Care
Is it still worth it to apply here? Sent in the primary but didn't send in the secondary and now freaking out and so want to apply to some more schools, but don't know if its a good idea.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it still worth it to apply here? Sent in the primary but didn't send in the secondary and now freaking out and so want to apply to some more schools, but don't know if its a good idea.
I'd say you should if in-state, probably too late if OOS. However, it seems like not many IIs have gone out yet from here, so it might not be too late.

• Care
Hey y'all, happy "first" (I guess?) day of acceptances this app cycle!!!

Just wanted to pop by and say that filling out health requirements can be a real pain between now and matriculation so please please please do them. No matter where it is you go, check off as many pre-matriculation boxes as you possibly can before the spring, which is when it gets really busy for health offices. Get your TB test, get your flu shot, titer tests for varicella, Tdap, etc and get booster shots as necessary if your titer/protection levels are low. I cannot begin to tell you how much I wish I had gotten it all done sooner because it would have saved me so much stress. Whether or not you end up choosing Toledo as your home for the next 4 years, these health reqs will be required everywhere!

Also, UTMed didn't start sending out acceptances until at least late October/early November. Personally, I interviewed in early October last year and got my acceptance just before Thanksgiving, so don't be alarmed if you interviewed here and don't hear back right away. A friend and I interviewed on the same day and she got accepted 2 weeks before me as well, because your file review will be conducted by your designated reviewer. The timing of your decision is based on how quickly they can review it!

Best of luck out there guys :)

• Care
IS II received today! Complete 8/9, LM 71!

• Care
I know you asked the other poster, but when I scheduled there were a few random Tuesdays and Thursdays in November, and some in December. Not a whole lot of available dates.

• Care
I know you asked the other poster, but when I scheduled there were a few random Tuesdays and Thursdays in November, and some in December. Not a whole lot of available dates.
They roll out interview dates over time, I think my cycle it was every 2 weeks? that they would open up more dates. Interview season goes longer than most schools, well into June even

• Care
Any idea of when we'll hear back after interviews? I had mine September 22nd and have not gotten anything yet.

• Care
(Edit: OK, it was the care package! 🥰)

Last edited:
Any idea of when we'll hear back after interviews? I had mine September 22nd and have not gotten anything yet.

Same, still waiting. They said we’d hear by the end of October but I know they were busy with that big event they had going on. If we don’t hear anything by the end of this week, I’ll probably reach out to the admissions office.

• Care
Same, still waiting. They said we’d hear by the end of October but I know they were busy with that big event they had going on. If we don’t hear anything by the end of this week, I’ll probably reach out to the admissions office.
I actually reached out last week and they said decisions were delayed and to expect them after 3 weeks or more :/

• Care
I actually reached out last week and they said decisions were delayed and to expect them after 3 weeks or more :/
This time last year they told me the same exact thing!!! Keep your chins up :)

• Care
I submitted my secondary first week in September, still haven't heard back from them for anything. Is this normal? I'm OOS so I feel like that might be part of it.

• Care
I submitted my secondary first week in September, still haven't heard back from them for anything. Is this normal? I'm OOS so I feel like that might be part of it.
Hi! I am IS submitted the same time and haven't heard anything sit tight this school is usually later I have been told

• Care
IS II today as well. Complete also on 8/15

• Care
Anyone who interviewed end of Sept heard back yet? They said I should hear back this week but since it's Friday I'm guessing no.

• Care
If it means anything to you guys, I interviewed 9/20 last cycle and got accepted on 11/16! It felt like forever but from what I remember last year, after you interview your file goes to an individual reviewer and you hear a decision back once they finish scoring it. I don't know the specific people who review the files but I do know that some of them are also lecturers here so try to be patient :)

And ofc if you have any questions about UTMed pls lmk in the thread!

• Care
I interviewed on 9/29 and still have not heard back. Has anyone reached out to admissions for an update?

• Care
I interviewed on 9/29 and still have not heard back. Has anyone reached out to admissions for an update?
I interviewed around that time as well and haven't heard back. I believe somebody mentioned earlier that they reached out to admissions and they told them they were delayed by 3+ weeks or something... so I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer!

• Care
Any advice/tips to prepare for the interview? I'm a bit nervous about MMI's, especially acting out scenarios or tricky ethical q's. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!

Any advice/tips to prepare for the interview? I'm a bit nervous about MMI's, especially acting out scenarios or tricky ethical q's. Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!
definitely low stress, we were allowed to take notes which i found helpful. be able to expand/justify the conclusions you draw and i think what they are looking for is that you can see both sides of the situation, so i found it helpful to just be like ofc i see the other side, but i chose this answer because of this

• Care
I believe they also informed us during the pre-MMI information session that they do not ask us to "act out" scenarios or discuss controversial topics, which is definitely nice! The interview was very chill and (at least for me) I didn't feel like I was being grilled. You are given two minutes (from what I remember) to collect your thoughts and jot down anything that comes to mind. Their questions were very conversational and the interviewers were kind.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone heard anything post interview? its almost been 7 weeks since mine :/

• Care
I haven't heard back but same:( but I contacted them again Friday for an update but have yet to hear back

• Care
Reactions: 2 users