You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
raizmedschoolapps
Full Member
If you guys haven’t received a secondary, I wouldn’t worry too much. I emailed admissions and they said they are still trying to catch up because of a delay and errors with a new supplemental application system. Looks like they haven’t gotten to my app yet so fingers crossed they send me a secondary soon!
Complete email received today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II, IS
Last edited:
If you emailed then they probably are looking/will look at it soon. Same as others, I asked for an update and got secondary a couple days later.If you guys haven’t received a secondary, I wouldn’t worry too much. I emailed admissions and they said they are still trying to catch up because of a delay and errors with a new supplemental application system. Looks like they haven’t gotten to my app yet so fingers crossed they send me a secondary soon!
raizmedschoolapps
Full Member
Lol regardless I got my secondary today!If you emailed then they probably are looking/will look at it soon. Same as others, I asked for an update and got secondary a couple days later.
DancingHusky
Full Member
II just now. IS. Complete 8/17
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
Which email did you all send it to?Lol regardless I got my secondary today!
Got a secondary 👍 IS
When did you submit primary?Finally got a secondary, thought i was DOA at this school
IS applicant.
Primary submitted 7/05. Received an email today that my app was downloaded for review.
Primary submitted 7/05. Received an email today that my app was downloaded for review.
7/8When did you submit primary?
Just realized that one of my science professor LOR doesn’t count as a “science class” because it’s not a pure science 🙁 time to scramble to find another LOR [emoji29]
Edit: got an open house email just now… talk about adding salt to a wound [emoji43]
Edit: got an open house email just now… talk about adding salt to a wound [emoji43]
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DancingHusky
Full Member
yep 🙂Anyone else get an invite for open house in november? Is this sent to anyone who got a secondary?
purewater1379
New Member
So… do we need to go to this open house?
Okay this open house is crazy... N95 at this point makes me think they have nobody competent in leadership. Also, fully vaccinated what does that even mean? 2 shots, 3 shots, 4 shots? I am guessing no exemption with natural immunity either. I am sorry, but this is a huge turnoff as an applicant.
Got email and saw “invite”, got excited. Then read it T.T
I’m sure most med schools will require you to be vaccinated. Mask rules will vary.Okay this open house is crazy... N95 at this point makes me think they have nobody competent in leadership. Also, fully vaccinated what does that even mean? 2 shots, 3 shots, 4 shots? I am guessing no exemption with natural immunity either. I am sorry, but this is a huge turnoff as an applicant.
Well that is a big no thanks for me. Let them enforce ideocracy on somebody else.I’m sure most med schools will require you to be vaccinated. Mask rules will vary.
Well that is a big no thanks for me. Let them enforce ideocracy on somebody else.
This is clearly a touchy topic, but most hospitals that you will inevitably be rotating through also aggressively enforce Covid vaccines.
Not just COVID vaccines but ALL vaccines. Flu, COVID, etc. You will have to get tested and if you are seen as not immune for something will have to get a new cycle. Also we are trying to be physicians. Vaccines are made through research, study, and trials. We should be for vaccines as physicians. Yes I understand people see the new COVID vaccine as a new type, but we should trust the science and the work/research put into it by those who came before us. Be skeptical, that is fine, that is science, but follow the studies and research presented by others who have been in the game longer than us. If you doubt the countless studies showing the safety and efficacy of vaccines, how will you trust future studies showing new methods of treatment for disease?
I am not going to get into this debate, but go listen to experts like Vinay Prasad MD and you will see this is much more nuanced than the blanket statement of "Trust the Science".Not just COVID vaccines but ALL vaccines. Flu, COVID, etc. You will have to get tested and if you are seen as not immune for something will have to get a new cycle. Also we are trying to be physicians. Vaccines are made through research, study, and trials. We should be for vaccines as physicians. Yes I understand people see the new COVID vaccine as a new type, but we should trust the science and the work/research put into it by those who came before us. Be skeptical, that is fine, that is science, but follow the studies and research presented by others who have been in the game longer than us. If you doubt the countless studies showing the safety and efficacy of vaccines, how will you trust future studies showing new methods of treatment for disease?
You mean non-pediatrician Vinay Prasad repeatedly speaking to media advising to not trust the American Academy of Pediatrics policy on masks in schools, simultaneously blocking the majority of pediatricians on Twitter? The guy who compared covid protocols to the third reich and said we will implement fascism with it? Let me guess, you also are going to say Monica ghandi and Tracy Beth hoag? You may not want to get into it, but I will not sit idly by while people push ignorance in the scientific communityI am not going to get into this debate, but go listen to experts like Vinay Prasad MD and you will see this is much more nuanced than the blanket statement of "Trust the Science".
these are our sites as of todayThis may be off topic but I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites that Touro has? I am not finding anything on their webpage, but might be looking in the wrong place.
Also, if there is not public information, perhaps a current student could shed some light on where the rotation sites are.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
hellopeople3
Full Member
So I noticed that the secondary for Touro California comes up in my applicant portal because I applied to Touro Nevada. If I applied to Touro California, can I fill out the secondary or do I have to wait till they send me an email asking me to send a secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You need to wait until they invite you to complete it.So I noticed that the secondary for Touro California comes up in my applicant portal because I applied to Touro Nevada. If I applied to Touro California, can I fill out the secondary or do I have to wait till they send me an email asking me to send a secondary?
Submitted primary early August and emailed them 2.5 weeks ago for an update but they didn't respond and I still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in a similar boat?
II today! IS, ORM, LM 69, submitted 7/29 and complete 8/17. II came via email and portal still says "under review (A)"
I emailed them for an update and they said they were still reviewing primaries from late July! I submitted in early August as well so we should be coming up soon.Submitted primary early August and emailed them 2.5 weeks ago for an update but they didn't respond and I still haven't received a secondary. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Anti-Vax physicians do not practice evidence-based medicine which is detrimental to patients. Are vaccines safe for everyone? No. No medication or treatment is without its risks of side effects, allergic reactions, etc. Vaccines are safe for the huge and overwhelming majority though. The fact I have to say this on this forum is disheartening.I am not going to get into this debate, but go listen to experts like Vinay Prasad MD and you will see this is much more nuanced than the blanket statement of "Trust the Science".
raizmedschoolapps
Full Member
this was probably the quickest complete email I've ever gotten. I submitted my secondary 5 minutes ago and 2 minutes later I'm complete and under review (A)
Submitted secondary on 9/17
Complete/under review email just now
Complete/under review email just now
Just received an email saying they received my application! Thought I was done at this school
lobsterthermidor
Full Member
any IS that has not received a secondary yet? Primary submitted late-July... Should I email?
DancingHusky
Full Member
Just got the A email! Interviewed Monday 9/19
So fast!! congrats happy dog!!Just got the A email! Interviewed Monday 9/19
DancingHusky
Full Member
Happiest dog lolSo fast!! congrats happy dog!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DancingHusky
Full Member
I would say yes. they said on interview day that there were a lot of Jewish holidays coming up that will impact communicationI'm assuming that since Rosh Hashanah is from sunset of the 25th till nightfall of the 27th, that we will not be receiving anything until the 28th at the earliest. What does everyone think?
I would say yes. they said on interview day that there were a lot of Jewish holidays coming up that will impact communication
yes! touro is closed on mon and tuesday!I'm assuming that since Rosh Hashanah is from sunset of the 25th till nightfall of the 27th, that we will not be receiving anything until the 28th at the earliest. What does everyone think?
do you mind sharing your stats?Wow what an unbelievably fast turn around. Interviewed 9/19 got my acceptance 9/23!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 442
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 380
- Views
- 97K
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 145K
- Replies
- 329
- Views
- 109K