2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when did you submit your primary?
following because I submitted my primary way back at the beginning of June and only just received an "application in review" (in review to receive a secondary) email three days ago o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This may be off topic but I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites that Touro has? I am not finding anything on their webpage, but might be looking in the wrong place.

Also, if there is not public information, perhaps a current student could shed some light on where the rotation sites are.

Thanks in advance.

This may be off topic but I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a list of clinical rotation sites that Touro has? I am not finding anything on their webpage, but might be looking in the wrong place.

Also, if there is not public information, perhaps a current student could shed some light on where the rotation sites are.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure how old this is but if you scroll to the bottom, it gives you a list of some of the clinical rotation sites COM Affiliated Hospitals - Touro University, California

Anyone else get a technical standard certification error email?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having the link sent in the email not work? I was able to access it by going through the Nevada COM link and instead switching to the Vallejo campus, and was able to submit, but the link in the CA email just times out.

received a pre-secondary R, although my app meets all of their criteria.

They want a WES evaluation of my foreign undergrad. I didn't know they need that for receiving a secondary too.
I’d contact them and tell them you didn’t realize it needed to be WES and can send it to them. Worth a shot!

I’d contact them and tell them you didn’t realize it needed to be WES and can send it to them. Worth a shot!
Yeah, thank you. I am in talks with one of the admissions coordinator. But I do not see a phone number listed on their website.

Edit: They need the evaluation before sending the secondary. It might take up to 4 weeks to get all this done. Would it be too late to submit a secondary 4-6 weeks from now?

Last edited:
Yeah, thank you. I am in talks with one of the admissions coordinator. But I do not see a phone number listed on their website.

Edit: They need the evaluation before sending the secondary. It might take up to 4 weeks to get all this done. Would it be too late to submit a secondary 4-6 weeks from now?
I don’t think so at all!

Thanks for the response! However, where is that stated? It does not state it in their email, secondary or website, and it allows me to enter over that limit without warnings?

Submitted my Primary on July 29th. Anyone know when I can expect a secondary? By the looks of it, probably not until September.

Secondary received 8/16. They seem to be doing a pretty thorough screening of primaries with how spaced out and sparse the secondary invites have been.

I trusted the word of your fellow applicant here: 2022-2023 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA
Yes I was looking at that as well, but it does not appear in any of their materials.
Can confirm, maximum length for each essay appears to be ~4000 characters, and I don't see any instructions saying it has to be 2000.

Secondary received 8/16. They seem to be doing a pretty thorough screening of primaries with how spaced out and sparse the secondary invites have been.

Can confirm, maximum length for each essay appears to be ~4000 characters, and I don't see any instructions saying it has to be 2000.
When a character limit is specified, it is usually the maximum they want to see. Never feel you must pad your essay to reach the limit, once you have said what you want to express.

Received this email just now:
Thank you for your interest in the Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUCOM)!

Your AACOMAS primary application has been downloaded into our system and is now being reviewed by representatives of the Admissions and Standards Committee. This review process can take up to 14 to 21 business days, but can take longer during peak processing periods. When our review has concluded, you will receive an additional email regarding your application status.

Good luck and have a great day!

TUC Office of Admissions

I submitted AACOMAS primary on 7/8, but have not received anything from touro CA... should i email admissions?

Does anyone know how flexible this school is with the 2nd required science professor LOR?

I’m non-traditional and going back to get a second science LOR might be complicated.

Does anyone know how flexible this school is with the 2nd required science professor LOR?

I’m non-traditional and going back to get a second science LOR might be complicated.
Hi, non trad also, emailed them regarding this same thing. CA said they are not flexible on the LOR requirements. Nevada said they were going to be flexible this year. Emailed both programs the same question about the science letter.

is anyone having trouble navigating their website? i'm working on their secondary but i can't find anything to talk about because a lot of the links are broken

I received secondary from Touro Nevada but not from Touro California although I am a Californian resident... should I contact?