2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday! complete 8/15

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on active duty/ROTC/academies received IIs or As?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the A! Was this conditional or unconditional? Just trying to gauge the timeline and how it's affected by the security and physical clearance. TY!
Mine was conditional, but it did not really specify what the conditions were. I couldnt tell if it was a physical / security clearance wait, or if the condition was that they needed to receive the transcripts they requested proving I have graduated college.

Did you interview the week of 9/23 as well?

I interviewed the week of 9/26 so I am hoping for news this week or next
Same here! I know the official school timeline says 8-10 weeks, but my second interviewer seemed fairly confident in a 30 day turnaround, but we shall see!

I'm being held up with the DoDMERB system update, everything is complete and on stand-by. II week of 9/19. Anyone know how long it took for them to be qualified on the DODMETS site and then hear any news?

I'm being held up with the DoDMERB system update, everything is complete and on stand-by. II week of 9/19. Anyone know how long it took for them to be qualified on the DODMETS site and then hear any news?
I'm not totally sure but I did my DoDMERB exam on 10/19 and got the acceptance call 10/21. I know the acceptance is conditional based on a couple things, the physical exam being one of them and since it was so quick, I'm wondering if they saw my exam before sending the acceptance? Perhaps you could still get one with everything being on standby? But again, shot in the dark here lol

Did you already have your exams or were you not able to schedule them?

I'm not totally sure but I did my DoDMERB exam on 10/19 and got the acceptance call 10/21. I know the acceptance is conditional based on a couple things, the physical exam being one of them and since it was so quick, I'm wondering if they saw my exam before sending the acceptance? Perhaps you could still get one with everything being on standby? But again, shot in the dark here lol
Maybe! I'm in the NG so I don't know if that affects things with my unit sending a letter of intent, verifying my security clearance, etc. I have no idea at this point lol

Just got the "A" call! I interviewed the week of September 26th.

Also I have random question, did you interview on Wednesday or before? Hoping they’re going down the list on days but I fear it’s not that specific

Heck yah! Now I’m stressed since I didn’t :(

What are your stats and branch choice?
Sorry to hear you are stressed out :( Take my timeline, and everyone else's timeline with a grain of salt because different admissions committee members may take longer than others to review/make a decision. My first interview was early in the week, and my second was late in the week, but again, the timeline is so dynamic. My LizzyM score is 68, and choice was AF all the way. Really hoping you hear some good news soon!

Just got myself an interview... hold? I didn't even know they did that, but okay!

Sounded like a rejection for most of the email but then they said they'd re-review me later. I'll take it!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got myself an interview... hold? I didn't even know they did that, but okay!

Sounded like a rejection for most of the email but then they said they'd re-review me later. I'll take it!
I also got this email. I'm so confused about what this really means. Is it a soft-R aka hold?

Also I have random question, did you interview on Wednesday or before? Hoping they’re going down the list on days but I fear it’s not that specific
I had my last interview on Friday that week. I was assigned Air Force (my first choice)!

Trying to find any reason to explain or else I’ll go insane lol

Hold just now, 10/27. Complete 9/2. Low stats, strong post-bacc/EC's and currently AD Navy.

I also got this email. I'm so confused about what this really means. Is it a soft-R aka hold?

received the same hold email. Looking through past years, there is a chance of receiving an interview after being put on a pre-II hold but seems like odds are low. Someone attending USU stated people have gotten off hold, but I also tried to find a single person who stated they were put on hold and then received an interview, not a single person followed up after saying they were put on hold.

Last edited:
pre-II hold. average GPA, low MCAT, decent ECs. dad is a vietnam veteran

Complete 8/15 and still received nothing, not even this pre-II. I thought they most likely went in the order they received applications but I guess not?

Pre-II hold crew checking in here too. Got the email on 10/27. Feels so close yet so far... Good luck y'all

Average GPA, low MCAT, very good ECs, non-traditional.

Pre-II hold here too. Do we know if anyone has ever made it off of this list?

Pre-II hold here too. Do we know if anyone has ever made it off of this list?
People have made it off the hold list, but odds are low. I've only found one person from the 2018-2022 threads that followed up after receiving their hold, got an interview, but was then rejected.

key word is here is followed up. It's impossible to guess how many people may have been put on hold and then received an II that aren't on this forum (my guess is a majority of applicants aren't on SDN).

To the ones getting pre-II holds, when did u receive the email that says your file is complete? Or when did complete the secondary? These are two different dates obviously.
7/21 compleTed secondary
8/28: “Your application is advancing in the process and will receive a thorough and fair review by the Admissions Committee”

Since then, silence. Nothing even in my spam. Although I did reach out on 10/6. And got:

“We did start interviews last month and will continue into late January/early February. Your file is complete but there hasn't been a final decision yet on your application. I know it is difficult waiting but we appreciate your patience.“