2022-2023 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2022-2023 Tennessee Secondary Essay Prompts

Optional essays:
1. Provide any additional information not previously provided in the personal comments of your AMCAS Primary application (500 Characters)

2. Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to provide our applicants with an optional essay prompt for this years UTHSC COM secondary application. Please use the text field below to share with us how you may have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including academic, financial, medical disruptions, etc. It would also be helpful for us to hear if any of your planned experiences in shadowing, volunteering, research, employment, or other activities were suspended due to the pandemic. (2500 Characters).

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
university-of-tennessee-health-science-center-college-of-medicine-memphis

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just psuedoreceived a secondary. They emailed and said they are reviewing my primary and everyone with a verified AMCAS application gets a secondary (and it seemed like it should’ve been sent) but haven’t received it yet.

Update: received a few minutes later

Secondary! Do we know if they send secondaries to everyone IS? This school is a FAR reach for me, but I have a few friends/peers who got in with 500-504s. Hoping I might get lucky because I really believe I have strong ECs/PS.

*fingers crossed*

Members don't see this ad :)
Same but received secondary moments later. (OOS but living in adjoining state.)

Secondary! Do we know if they send secondaries to everyone IS? This school is a FAR reach for me, but I have a few friends/peers who got in with 500-504s. Hoping I might get lucky because I really believe I have strong ECs/PS.

*fingers crossed*

In the email, they state “invitations will be emailed to all UTHSC COM Applicants with a verified AMCAS application.” The best part is there is no secondary fee

Reactions: 2 users
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
university-of-tennessee-health-science-center-college-of-medicine-memphis

No mandatory essays

Optional essays include:

Provide any additional information not previously provided in the personal comments of your AMCAS Primary application (500 Characters)

Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to provide our applicants with an optional essay prompt for the years UTHSC COM secondary application. Pleasure use the text field bells to share with us how you may have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including academic, financial, medical disruptions, ect. It souls also be helpful for us if any of your planned experiences in shadowing, volunteering, research, employment, or other activities were suspended due to the pandemic. (2500 Characters).

Does anyone know whether interviews are going to be fully in-person or virtual? From the AAMC interview document, it almost looks like there won't be a virtual option, but I was wondering if anyone has contacted them and gotten confirmation of the format.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email confirmation of my file being complete

Reactions: 1 users
Just psuedoreceived a secondary. They emailed and said they are reviewing my primary and everyone with a verified AMCAS application gets a secondary (and it seemed like it should’ve been sent) but haven’t received it yet.

Update: received a few minutes later
any update on your secondary?

Just a headsup everyone, I think UT doesn’t interview until mid October usual. At least that is what it seems like based off things Ive read. So I doubt we’ll get II’s until September at the earliest.

Reactions: 4 users
if i missed the deadline to complete a secondary, where can I find more information on how to request an extension for submitting my secondary?

if i missed the deadline to complete a secondary, where can I find more information on how to request an extension for submitting my secondary?
I would probably just email admissions, maybe they will give you an extension.

Reactions: 1 user
would any med students that currently go to UTHSC be able to look at my COVID essay?

IS 4.0 GPA and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary on 7/12 and haven't gotten any updates

UTHSC just released its class profile for the admission cycle 2021-2022!

UTHSC just released its class profile for the admission cycle 2021-2022!
I'm SHOCKED the lowest MCAT was a 498! And highest 527? So freakin variable.

IS complete 7/18. Looking on previous years, hopefully we may begin to hear back in the next month or so.
For the 2021/2022 cycle, the first reported II was October 18th, and for the 2020/2021 cycle, the first one was reported October 15th.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! I was accepted to UTHSC this past cycle (2021-2022) and am deferring a year. Feel free to ask me any questions about the application process or about Memphis, since I am also a native. I hope to see y'all at UT in Fall 2023!

• Care
Hii! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything post-secondary submission? I know last year they sent out an email in September from last years SDN's saying they will be inviting for interviews soon, but I have not heard anything yet this cycle.

Submitted secondary late July and haven’t heard anything about an interview

Reactions: 1 user
seems like II's will start going out next week based off last year

Do you guys know if they do interview waves weekly? Complete June 18, haven't heard anything :(

II received today, completed back in the middle of July

Reactions: 3 users