2022-2023 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed back in August, so I forget what they said. Can someone who interviewed recently remind me about the situation with the decisions? Do they sprinkle a few here and there then dish the rest out at the end? Or do they give all the immediate acceptances for each interview group as they go? I don’t remember and I’ve just become disillusioned. If no else does, I’ll just email and ask also.
The faculty never clarified to us any dates, other than we'll let you know as soon as we can, but one of the students in our Q&A session said that they were notorious for not saying anything for a long time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
There's only a handful of us applicants in this thread, maybe we are just the unlucky ones this cycle and those with news aren't on sdn...
I do remember during my interview the dean mentioning that they’re interviewing 400 applicants this year, which is less than the previous years (like over 100 less). That may effect the thread and how many people respond.

So are they done interviewing or what? I’m confused? Why not just give us an R then?
I'm pretty sure because there are applicants who hold onto acceptances as long as possible because they haven't heard from some school they are still hoping to get into, so schools wait to reject people until they are sure about who will be going and who won't. AMCAS doesn't even let you confirm which school you're going to until the middle of February.

I'm sorry you're going through this, those of you that haven't heard back yet. I've been on that side of the process and it really sucks. Really makes you feel small and worthless waiting to hear back. I hope you all are trying to find things to stay positive and take care of yourselves.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
In my nearly worthless opinion, I think they are done interviewing if they are doing a wave acceptance in March

Reactions: 1 user
This might be different for me (MD-PhD), but when I interviewed there, they told me that most of their admissions decisions come out in Febuary/early March. They only accept aboput 10-20% of the class before that huge A wave. Keep your heads up guys!
Also, there are many people outside this thread that have already heard back. I wouldn't hark on leadership just because you guys haven't heard yet. There's lots of applicants outside this thread. Patience.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
This might be different for me (MD-PhD), but when I interviewed there, they told me that most of their admissions decisions come out in Febuary/early March. They only accept aboput 10-20% of the class before that huge A wave. Keep your heads up guys!
Also, there are many people outside this thread that have already heard back. I wouldn't hark on leadership just because you guys haven't heard yet. There's lots of applicants outside this thread. Patience.
If they're accepted rn at the U, they're Early decision.

Are you sure about that? I was on an accepted student zoom meeting last week and it didn't seem so? But I could be wrong, as I wasn't in the regular MD applications.

I know people who were not early decision that were accepted in October and November, this year and last year.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
That's really helpful and encouraging information, so thank you for posting!

I know people who were not early decision that were accepted in October and November, this year and last year.
Same here. I believe the people who "score enough points" receive the A about 1-2 months post-interview. It makes me wonder: do early decision program (EDP) applicants "score" more points through applying EDP? We may never know . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
So for March do we expect any acceptances sent out via email and not a phone call? Are the emails just for waitlist/rejection?

So for March do we expect any acceptances sent out via email and not a phone call? Are the emails just for waitlist/rejection?
Yup! Acceptances are communicated via phone, and waitlist/rejection decisions are given via email.

I just got an email about the University of Utah Health Plan, but I haven't heard anything from the school since my interview in September. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I just got an email about the University of Utah Health Plan, but I haven't heard anything from the school since my interview in September. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Only more emails from Western Atlantic and Trinity

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call from Dr. Chan! I interviewed back in October. Wishing you all good luck and that you hear back soon too!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call from Dr. Chan! I interviewed back in October. Wishing you all good luck and that you hear back soon too!!
Congrats!!! Stats, if you don't mind? Also, what day did you interview?

• Care
  • Love
Also got accepted today! IS, interviewed Oct sending good vibes to those still waiting!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday, too!
MD reapplicant, IS, interviewed 10/24, LM: 68.70, WARS: 77.

I asked if there were more calls to be made, and he said yes. 😁 Sending good vibes to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations y’all, I’ve got an unofficial GroupMe with one other accepted student, pm me if you want the link!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Has anyone from Idaho heard anything?

I also got accepted today! IS, interviewed 10/17. So excited!!

Definitely by March 15th. That's the AAMC's deadline for schools to release admissions decisions.

Any accepted student group out there?

Just got accepted! To anyone attending UoU or are familiar with the school, can anyone answer some questions I have? :)

-Is the grading system for the first two years pass or fail? Are students ranked?
-What are class lectures like? Are they mandatory?
-What are clinical rotations like in years 3-4? Do you stay in the SLC area?
-What are scholarship opportunities like?
-What are research opportunities like?
-Anything interesting facts/programs about the UUSOM program?

• Dislike
Just got accepted! To anyone attending UoU or are familiar with the school, can anyone answer some questions I have? :)

-Is the grading system for the first two years pass or fail? Are students ranked?
I’ll DM you!

When did you get the call?

After months of hardcore lurking on this site, I finally gave into peer pressure and started an account. I interviewed in mid August and have heard absolutely nothing since. I don't blame Chan for not hollerin' at me though bc I felt that my interview was garbage. LM 75, in state #NoTaxationWithoutRepresentation

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know about how long it takes Dr. Chan to do all the calls? Does he try to do them all at once? It seemed like last year the calls were spread over several months but there seemed to be a lot this year that are closer together? I’m not sure how representative a sample this forum is though. Hoping there’s still more good news to hear!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about how long it takes Dr. Chan to do all the calls? Does he try to do them all at once? It seemed like last year the calls were spread over several months but there seemed to be a lot this year that are closer together? I’m not sure how representative a sample this forum is though. Hoping there’s still more good news to hear!
No clue. But there are a TON of phone calls to make to fill a class. It sounds time-consuming to me, so I'm sure many calls still need to be made. I'd imagine another wave of calls is coming soon! At least I'll hope!

No clue. But there are a TON of phone calls to make to fill a class. It sounds time-consuming to me, so I'm sure many calls still need to be made. I'd imagine another wave of calls is coming soon! At least I'll hope!
Such a good point!! I wonder how much time is spent on each call?