2022-2023 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if its been so silent for the last two weeks, because the U is busy hand typing all of those R and WL emails lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Where did you hear that if you don’t mind my asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted last week. IS. I'm pumped.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
This line from persuasion keeps coming to mind as I wait to hear news

1209E4EF-47AF-46A7-B0D2-C0782D97636D.gif

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I remember hearing that they are forced to get back to us by March 15. For the sake of my sanity can someone confirm or deny this or tell me where I can find this information?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! Well I guess I’ll be refreshing my emails on March 15th at 9:59 pm Utah time then 😂

Reactions: 1 users
I remember hearing that they are forced to get back to us by March 15. For the sake of my sanity can someone confirm or deny this or tell me where I can find this information?
Yes! This is in the AAMC Traffic Rules, dictating what standards adcoms are held to. Let me link and quote it:

"Application and Acceptance Protocols for Admission Officers:
. . .
4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

Link: Traffic Rules

MD Admissions Timeline

I believe decisions by March 15 also include being waitlisted, which is just perpetuating the unknown.
I believe so as well.

On their FAQ page, under the question "How many people are usually admitted from the alternate list?" their answer notes that: "Alternate list notifications typically occur on a rolling basis between March and June."

At least they give some information on what timeframe to expect in being waitlisted.

Link: Frequently Asked Questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to confirm, no Idaho residents have heard back yet?
Not yet (at least for me)! I think a couple got the call in October and everyone else is waiting. Same with the other reserved spots for IS/OOS applicants.

Last year there was a wave on Friday, 3/5, which correlates to today…guess we wait till (hopefully) next week!

• Care
Only 10 more days until they have to tell us something 🎉🥳 the end is in sight! Unless we get waitlisted lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Alright Utah, let’s rip off the bandaid already. This is getting excruciating.

Reactions: 9 users
Question on the mechanics of filling a class--do they only accept the same number as the size of the class and pull people off the waitlist as acceptances are turned down in favor of other schools, or do they accept a larger number of applicants than they have space for? Basically, how many As do they hand out?

Pretty sure they only accept the amount that they have seats for and the rest either get the R or the WL

My prediction (which I have no evidence to support) is that we will all hear something either A, R, or WL this Friday

My prediction (which I have no evidence to support) is that we will all hear something either A, R, or WL this Friday
While it may be ideal... not sure this will happen. I know people that didn't hear anything until the 15th. We may hear something before then but they do wait until the last minute....

While it may be ideal... not sure this will happen. I know people that didn't hear anything until the 15th. We may hear something before then but they do wait until the last minute....
I have no idea why they wait if they finished interviews in December. It makes no sense to me.

I have no idea why they wait if they finished interviews in December. It makes no sense to me.
Their system doesn't make any sense to me.... I know last year they told someone no and they offered them a spot a week before classes started. The weird thing is there were people on the waitlist that didn't get in.... I didn't know they stopped in December. I thought they went until at least February?

If anyone gets good news here soon feel free to PM me for the unofficial group me link! good luck y'all

Reactions: 4 users
Their system doesn't make any sense to me.... I know last year they told someone no and they offered them a spot a week before classes started. The weird thing is there were people on the waitlist that didn't get in.... I didn't know they stopped in December. I thought they went until at least February?
I think they normally do go until February but I read (I think on here) that they interviewed about 100 people less this year than normal. So I think 400 rather than 500. I think MSAR also said they were doing interviews until December. I could be dreaming it all at this point though 😂😭

WHAT. I hadn't heard of that. Previously, I had heard there is a lot of WL movement for UUSOM.
I think they normally do go until February but I read (I think on here) that they interviewed about 100 people less this year than normal. So I think 400 rather than 500. I think MSAR also said they were doing interviews until December. I could be dreaming it all at this point though 😂😭
You're 110% spot on. Their secondary/interview invite emails confirmed interviews from Aug-Dec and not a day beyond. Also, during applicant feedback sessions, they confirmed plans to interview 400 instead of 500 applicants.

Only 5 days remaining...... Anyone hear anything this week? Or are we all still just stuck in Limbo....

• Sad
Waitlisted as well! Honestly pretty happy about this!

• Care
Waitlisted as well. I’m happy with that! Better than no news! 🥳🥳 interviewed 9/26 OOS. How fluid is this waitlist?

• Care
Waitlisted, interviewed 8/29. Wow that was a long wait but glad to have some news.

• Care
Waitlisted. OOS, interviewees back in September. Graduated from the U.

• Care
Is it safe to say that the U currently has filled their class with 125 people, or do they still have available seats as of today?

Is it safe to say that the U currently has filled their class with 125 people, or do they still have available seats as of today?
I think all 125 seats will be offered as of 3/15. After that people may drop out, and they will go off the waitlist..... just more waiting friends 😵‍💫