You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
We need a running list of how many are IS and OOS on the waitlist. I gotta know my chances 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
The neuroticism never ends until the first DWT job. Ha. 😅We need a running list of how many are IS and OOS on the waitlist. I gotta know my chances 😂
AsianBeetles
New Member
WL, interviewed 9/16, OOS (but IS school)
FutureDoc58
New Member
I was accepted back in October but I have not received any information on any incoming student chat groups. If someone has access to some sort of unofficial GroupMe chat or anything similar to that, Please let me know!
stickfigure
Full Member
Has anyone tried to ask the office about their WL position? I don't see why they'd hide this information. My plans for next year change greatly depending on whether I'm number 7 on the WL versus 83. LOL.
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
In years past I think they have said about 100 are on the waitlist and I think anywhere from 40-75 have gotten off??Does anyone know how many people on average get in off of the waitlist or how many people are put on the waitlist period? (I know it's something most of us do not have the answer to, just seeing if anyone out there knows something lol)
mrsbehindthemd
Full Member
Anecdotally- my friend told me a story about someone she knew who got off the week AFTER classes started. Someone different told me they knew someone who got off just before classes started and they had already moved to another state for a different school and then moved back the same day…
futuredoc2515
Full Member
I think there is a lot of waitlist movement here because there are separate waitlists for OOS, Utah, WAAMI, IdahoIn years past I think they have said about 100 are on the waitlist and I think anywhere from 40-75 have gotten off??
I'd seen on their website that the waitlist moves during March - June period. However, given what mrsbehindthemd said, I am generally unsure if that's a strict timeline.Seriously. There's no way I can wait until a week before classes start - I basically have until early June.
However, I think we can expect significant waitlist movement in mid-to-late April. Per AAMC traffic rules, on or before April 15th, applicants must narrow down their selection to 3 schools. By April 30th, they must a) make their final school choice and b) withdraw all other acceptances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did and this is all they said "Because the waitlist fluctuates from year to year we are not able provide applicants with this information. Please know that we accept the next person from the waitlist whenever someone withdraws."I was snooping on last year's thread and saw that someone was brave enough to email admissions and ask for info about the waitlist and that they got an answer! Has anybody worked up the courage to do that this year?
Calvin Baer
New Member
Does when you accept your waitlist spot have any impact on your waitlist ranking? I got waitlisted but did not actually go to the portal to accept my spot until a few days after and now I'm paranoid...
I don’t think so, the original email says that your waitlist rank is “secure” so I’d imagine it would only change if you withdraw or do not accept your position before March 24thDoes when you accept your waitlist spot have any impact on your waitlist ranking? I got waitlisted but did not actually go to the portal to accept my spot until a few days after and now I'm paranoid...
Its your University ID or student number. If you don't have it you may need to reach out to the admissions office to receive it.When completing the Scholarship application, does anyone know what the UNID is? Thanks!
I emailed and was told they can't give out info on our position on the waitlist or the waitlist size. Worth a shot though!I was snooping on last year's thread and saw that someone was brave enough to email admissions and ask for info about the waitlist and that they got an answer! Has anybody worked up the courage to do that this year?
Thank you for this! I only completed FAFSA in time bc of this post.A'd and WL'd peeps - make sure that your FAFSA is completed by today and that the U is on your list!
They keep sending reminders about this, and I just thought I'd do a last call . . . just in case.
I saw this a day late and missed the boat on it, oooooooooops. Did I just miss out on the in-house/ institutional loans and scholarships?A'd and WL'd peeps - make sure that your FAFSA is completed by today and that the U is on your list!
They keep sending reminders about this, and I just thought I'd do a last call . . . just in case.
The details are fuzzy. They may give WL'd people additional chances at scholarships, because they weren't accepted within specific timeframes. I don't know the answers, but I'd put that FAFSA in just the same.I saw this a day late and missed the boat on it, oooooooooops. Did I just miss out on the in-house/ institutional loans and scholarships?
Me too, I’m not sure how I feel about getting that. Is that good a thing or not? I feel like it’s the equivalent of receiving an email at another school recommending you apply to their masters program if you know what I mean.Just got a PROMIS2U invite
Me too, I’m not sure how I feel about getting that. Is that good a thing or not? I feel like it’s the equivalent of receiving an email at another school recommending you apply to their masters program if you know what I mean.
I've just read through their page. Though I'd ask about what percentage of PROMIS2U participants matriculate into the UUSOM, it looks like PROMIS2U is a post-baccalaureate program that gives you a strong chance of getting into the U.
On their website, this is what I found:
"Students who meet performance standards of PROMIS2U will be presented to the Admissions Committee and considered for admission without the need to reapply to the UUSOM."
If the percent of students matriculating into UUSOM is high, then it sounds like a great deal, imo. Apparently, they also offer grants and endowment funds are used to cover tuition and fees, a monthly living stipend, and you also receive money towards a laptop purchase!
Link: Pre-Matriculation Program (PROMIS2U)
Last edited:
stickfigure
Full Member
I wonder if receiving the invitation to apply to PROMIS2U has anything to do with positioning on the WL. Does anyone have any insight here?
I applied to it last year and also received an invitation for it this year. From my understanding, it is not about WL placement but more about offering an opportunity to those from underserved or underrepresented backgrounds.I wonder if receiving the invitation to apply to PROMIS2U has anything to do with positioning on the WL. Does anyone have any insight here?
lowintention172
New Member
I looked back at this thread the last 2 years and of the waitlisted people who got the invite and reported their final decision 3/3 were rejected. In state people who explicitly stated they didn’t get the invite and reported their final decision were 2/2 on acceptances off the waitlist. Super small sample size so who knows if it actually means anything, but thank you for listening to my TED Talk.I wonder if receiving the invitation to apply to PROMIS2U has anything to do with positioning on the WL. Does anyone have any insight here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stickfigure
Full Member
Has anyone attended a feedback session yet?
Yes! I have!Has anyone attended a feedback session yet?
fizziepanda
New Member
Is there an admitted students chat?
Yes! Were you recently accepted? We are using an app called Slack. Admissions will send you an email with a link so you can join the group chat.Is there an admitted students chat
D
deleted1154868
Any WL movement yet?
Thanks for this! I can tell you put a lot of work into it! I did have a question. Is this the average of people notifed the last 4 years? Or is this the total number of people notified over the last 4 years?Here are the trends in WL notifications over the last four completed cycles, as far as SDN users have reported:
View attachment 369218
Thank you! I just wanted to clarify some of the data a little. So the first data points on the graph you had 12 accepted and 10 rejections. The 12 acceptances is that average number reported on sdn per year? Or the total number over all 4 years? so itd be closer to like 3 accecpances per year. Thanks for your help!I didn’t put that much work into, but thank you! This is all based on who reported on SDN, so I’m sure it’s missing plenty of people
medformenow
Full Member
Nice work… would you be able to differentiate in state and out of state waitlist movement?
nice…would you be able to differentiate in state and OOS waitlist movement? ThanksHere are the trends in WL notifications over the last four completed cycles, as far as SDN users have reported:
View attachment 369218
snowman888
Full Member
Withdrawing my acceptance here (IS) - hope it goes to someone still waiting!
Has anyone done a feedback session that can answer some questions? I'm wondering:
-How many applicants are there in each session?
-How personal do they get in the sessions; do they give specific applicant feedback or just general advice?
-How should I prepare for the session?
Thanks!
-How many applicants are there in each session?
-How personal do they get in the sessions; do they give specific applicant feedback or just general advice?
-How should I prepare for the session?
Thanks!
-There were about 15-20 people in my sessionHas anyone done a feedback session that can answer some questions? I'm wondering:
-How many applicants are there in each session?
-How personal do they get in the sessions; do they give specific applicant feedback or just general advice?
-How should I prepare for the session?
Thanks!
- It wasn’t personal at all in our session. It was mostly a general information session.
- I would recommend having some questions specific to you and your applications that you’re ready to ask.
- The questions in my session focused mostly on the waitlist and they didn’t have any answers, so I’d recommend not asking about that too much.
Good luck!
Yes, then PTE to one is required 5/1Is today the day when people with acceptances have to narrow it down to three?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stickfigure
Full Member
Is a waitlist notification supposed to be visible on the Choose Your Medical School tool?
I believe so. It's visible for meIs a waitlist notification supposed to be visible on the Choose Your Medical School tool?
hungryhippie
New Member
Got the acceptance call yesterday!! Idaho reapplicant. Beyond excited. Sending good vibes to all other waitlisters.