You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Last year the big A wave was mid-FebruaryDo they usually have an A wave in December?
goldenretriever99
Full Member
Did anyone receive a PROMIS2U email saying they were selected to apply to the program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, but I did last year if you have questions you could message meDid anyone receive a PROMIS2U email saying they were selected to apply to the program?
I did. Did your link to the application work?Did anyone receive a PROMIS2U email saying they were selected to apply to the program?
goldenretriever99
Full Member
No it didn't. I emailed them on Sat and haven't heard backI did. Did your link to the application work?
I wonder how many people get invited to apply.No it didn't. I emailed them on Sat and haven't heard back
goldenretriever99
Full Member
SameI wonder how many people get invited to apply.
goldenretriever99
Full Member
Apparently you apply in the U med school app portal? If you find where in the portal, lmk cause I'm still confused on how to applyNo it didn't. I emailed them on Sat and haven't heard back
I'm not sure either but I asked for clarification. I'll let you know what I find out.Apparently you apply in the U med school app portal? If you find where in the portal, lmk cause I'm still confused on how to apply
The application is now available.I'm not sure either but I asked for clarification. I'll let you know what I find out.
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Congrats!! Such a great Christmas gift 🙂Got the call from Dr. Chan this morning. Interviewed 9/15. Hope there's good news coming for everyone soon!
mackenzie801
Full Member
Are you in state?Got the call from Dr. Chan this morning. Interviewed 9/15. Hope there's good news coming for everyone soon!
Biochemily
New Member
Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Chan!! Interviewed 10/16. Good luck everyone 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PharmDtoMD2
Pharmacist/MS0
Missed a call from Dr Chan! Is this it guys??
ylwwj
Full Member
yes, in state !Are you in state?
Got the call from Dr. Chan, A today! Interviewed 10/16
still no OOS As? Congrats to everyone who heard!
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Going crazy hoping for that call aggggh
Wow congrats! Hoping they can notify some 10/30 folks soon, perhaps me [emoji23] It's painful having no updates for family especially around the holidays. I've gotten 3 II, 1 pre-II R, 1 II hold and absolute silence from 29 other schools [emoji24]
Hang in there! It’s still early in the cycle! I know what you mean though I don’t come from a med background and having family that doesn’t fully understand the process is tough.
Last edited:
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
They do notdoes anyone know if the U accepts Letters of intent or application updates?
Anyone going to the first look on 1/26?
Mike Rowave
Full Member
I’ll be goingAnyone going to the first look on 1/26?
Mike Rowave
Full Member
How do you all feel about the curriculum? I feel like most of the information posted is vague, and doesn’t paint a clear picture of what to expect.
For phase one, they mention the essentials courses but don’t lay out what the courses are, how long they last, or the general schedule. They also mention problem based learning - is it like UPittsburgh where there are no lectures and it’s all small group learning, or are there still lectures?
The LICs seem cool in theory, but I’m not really seeing how they’re structured or organized. I understand the concept of spreading out the clerkships as a longitudinal course, but how do you ensure you’re seeing enough of all the normal core rotations? When are the exams?
The U is definitely a good school, and I’m glad I was accepted. But my biggest concerns here are lack of in-depth information regarding how the curriculum actually plays out, which I understand is likely because it’s so new.
For phase one, they mention the essentials courses but don’t lay out what the courses are, how long they last, or the general schedule. They also mention problem based learning - is it like UPittsburgh where there are no lectures and it’s all small group learning, or are there still lectures?
The LICs seem cool in theory, but I’m not really seeing how they’re structured or organized. I understand the concept of spreading out the clerkships as a longitudinal course, but how do you ensure you’re seeing enough of all the normal core rotations? When are the exams?
The U is definitely a good school, and I’m glad I was accepted. But my biggest concerns here are lack of in-depth information regarding how the curriculum actually plays out, which I understand is likely because it’s so new.
Best advice is current students. You can find content info on their student government/leadership pages and ask to be put in touch with current MS1s for example.How do you all feel about the curriculum? I feel like most of the information posted is vague, and doesn’t paint a clear picture of what to expect.
For phase one, they mention the essentials courses but don’t lay out what the courses are, how long they last, or the general schedule. They also mention problem based learning - is it like UPittsburgh where there are no lectures and it’s all small group learning, or are there still lectures?
The LICs seem cool in theory, but I’m not really seeing how they’re structured or organized. I understand the concept of spreading out the clerkships as a longitudinal course, but how do you ensure you’re seeing enough of all the normal core rotations? When are the exams?
The U is definitely a good school, and I’m glad I was accepted. But my biggest concerns here are lack of in-depth information regarding how the curriculum actually plays out, which I understand is likely because it’s so new.
How do you all feel about the curriculum? I feel like most of the information posted is vague, and doesn’t paint a clear picture of what to expect.
For phase one, they mention the essentials courses but don’t lay out what the courses are, how long they last, or the general schedule. They also mention problem based learning - is it like UPittsburgh where there are no lectures and it’s all small group learning, or are there still lectures?
The LICs seem cool in theory, but I’m not really seeing how they’re structured or organized. I understand the concept of spreading out the clerkships as a longitudinal course, but how do you ensure you’re seeing enough of all the normal core rotations? When are the exams?
The U is definitely a good school, and I’m glad I was accepted. But my biggest concerns here are lack of in-depth information regarding how the curriculum actually plays out, which I understand is likely because it’s so new.
This is my biggest concern as well. As a Utah native the U has always been the goal school for me but this new curriculum has me very worried. It’s hard to even get information from current students because each year has been changing so so much as they work towards the finalized curriculum.
Every faculty member or student I’ve asked has been very unclear and contradictory even giving several different answers / descriptions of the new curriculum. So if anyone finds out or has more information I would also greatly appreciate it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PharmDtoMD2
Pharmacist/MS0
I will be there.Anyone going to the first look on 1/26?
Anyone going to the first look on 1/26?
Planning on it
ylwwj
Full Member
Planning on it too !Anyone going to the first look on 1/26?
jabronipepperoni
New Member
Random post, but I got the call from Dr. Chan today! So nuts! LM 69. Also is there an accepted student group chat or something? Does anyone have that info?
benkenobiwan
Full Member
Congrats!! Holding out hope for a call soon!!!Random post, but I got the call from Dr. Chan today! So nuts! LM 69. Also is there an accepted student group chat or something? Does anyone have that info?
Congrats! When did you interview? Holding out hope here 😅Random post, but I got the call from Dr. Chan today! So nuts! LM 69. Also is there an accepted student group chat or something? Does anyone have that info?
congrats! in state?Random post, but I got the call from Dr. Chan today! So nuts! LM 69. Also is there an accepted student group chat or something? Does anyone have that info?
jabronipepperoni
New Member
@cranberrylimeade Yes instate. @Acorn3115 On Sept. 11.
jabronipepperoni
New Member
In state acceptance on Tuesday, interviewed 9/11, LM score 73 🙂
OOS interviewees in the trenches rn
AquaphorKing
Full Member
Do you remember what time you got the call?state acceptance on Tuesday, interviewed 9/11, LM score 73 🙂
goldenretriever99
Full Member
Has anyone received an interview for the PROMIS2U program today?
I received one on Friday.Has anyone received an interview for the PROMIS2U program today?
It was like 2:20pm?Do you remember what time you got the call?state acceptance on Tuesday, interviewed 9/11, LM score 73 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly! this feels like I am counting down a prison sentence hahaSome people who interviewed at other schools are complaining about having to wait 4-6 weeks and I have no sympathy 😂😭 I hope you all have a good weekend and are hanging in there
Mike Rowave
Full Member
For those of you who attended the first look on Friday, did your opinion of the program change?
Much happier with new curriculum yesFor those of you who attended the first look on Friday, did your opinion of the program change?
Mike Rowave
Full Member
It definitely is a big improvement. I wonder how they're going to implement shelf exams, since even the person discussing the curriculum wasn't sure how they're going to go forward lol.Much happier with new curriculum yes
I was really impressed with the student support, and I really liked the library too. The cadaver simulator was really cool.