2022-2023 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew (IS) and also declined some scholarships, I hope y’all are all accepted off the WL today, get all the scholarships, and enjoy the U!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anybody else getting their hopes up every time a telemarketer calls lol?
The U’s alumni office called, asking for money… that was a soul crusher. “Hello, I’m with the University of Utah… Alumni Association” 😵🥴😶‍🌫️

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call! Idaho waitlist! SO SO SO excited! Sending good vibes to everyone who is still waiting!

Got the call! OOS (with Utah Undergrad)! Hope you all hear amazing news today!❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call! OOS (Utah HS). Hoping everyone still waiting gets some good news soon! <3

Reactions: 1 users
Would love to know how many people who have recently gotten accepted plan on attending!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been accepted to the promis2u program recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to know how many people who have recently gotten accepted plan on attending!
I was accepted off of the waitlist but have just declined after getting off of another waitlist. I hope it goes out to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone give me an update on the Facebook group numbers (if there is one)? I don’t have social media 😅😅

I saw this a day late and missed the boat on it, oooooooooops. Did I just miss out on the in-house/ institutional loans and scholarships?
I just asked financial aid about this because I’m also in the same boat. If you were accepted off the waitlist and submitted FAFSA after the March deadline, you will still be considered for the in-house/institutional loans and scholarships. Just for waitlisters, from what I understood. During M2-M4 we have to submit FAFSA before the March deadline for consideration

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the CTE date for Utah is? I couldn’t find it on their website.

On their Admissions FAQ page, under "Application Decision" it states:

"Alternate list notifications typically occur on a rolling basis between March and June."

The FAQ doesn't specify whether WL decisions are finalized at the end or beginning of June. There could be exceptions to this rule, too, from what personal anecdotes I've heard.

Link: Frequently Asked Questions

On their Admissions FAQ page, under "Application Decision" it states:

"Alternate list notifications typically occur on a rolling basis between March and June."

The FAQ doesn't specify whether WL decisions are finalized at the end or beginning of June. There could be exceptions to this rule, too, from what personal anecdotes I've heard.

Link: Frequently Asked Questions
I got rejected from the waitlist on 06/10 last year

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Dropped off the WL, IS.

What a massive disappointment the U of U’s admission process has been.

Instate, grew up in a very rural, isolated community of Utah, with an application and an EC’s focused on returning to work in the region’s underserved and rural areas, with what I felt was a decent interview, along with an application to RUUTE to top it off - seemingly a great fit for their professed “purpose”.

I’m glad another program, albeit across the country, is actually interested in following through on their commitment to supporting my interest in rural health.

As they say, I guess it wasn’t meant to be Utah - thank you for wasting my time…

*I’m just bitter and need to rant*
Your story is a replica of my story. RIP to the IS applicants

• Care
Dropped off the WL, IS.

What a massive disappointment the U of U’s admission process has been.

Instate, grew up in a very rural, isolated community of Utah, with an application and an EC’s focused on returning to work in the region’s underserved and rural areas, with what I felt was a decent interview, along with an application to RUUTE to top it off - seemingly a great fit for their professed “purpose”.

I’m glad another program, albeit across the country, is actually interested in following through on their commitment to supporting my interest in rural health.

As they say, I guess it wasn’t meant to be Utah - thank you for wasting my time…

*I’m just bitter and need to rant*
Sounds like me. Born and raised in the uintah basin which is as rural as it gets

• Care
Your story is a replica of my story. RIP to the IS applicants
I’m in the same boat, I did RUUTE for two years, was a RUUTE fellow this last year. I applied to the U both this year and last year, got the WL and R both times. I try my best not to be bitter, maybe they found 125 individuals who just happens to fit their mission better than I 🤷‍♂️. I’m really curious what their admission rate is for students who did RUUTE because I don’t personally know any students who were admitted that did that program.

• Care
I had pretty much fully committed to my local DO school. I bought a new bed, hung up pictures all over my apartment, got daycare secured for my 6-month-old. We were pretty well set.

And then, last Thursday, I was camping. I briefly drove into signal and got a call from a restricted number. I got into the University of Utah!

So, we are dropping all our plans and moving to Salt Lake in the next few weeks.

Montana resident. RUUTE applicant. No WICHE for me lol, I was too late.