You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Think you're gonna switch to UTMB?Got off the waitlist today!!
I_AM_GROOT
Full Member
Think you're gonna switch to UTMB?
Yeah I already accepted the offer, was my top choice
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are really interested, you could still send something. Be honest in your email about your reasons for interest in UTMB, and don't complain or mention that it was in your junk mail 😳Y’all think it’s too late to send in letters if you’re on the wait list? I just found (in my junk mail!) an e-mail from UTMB encouraging us to send letters to help them pick people off the wait list. But it was from like, 1.5 weeks ago.
Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what email was that? I didn't receive it and I'm on the WLY’all think it’s too late to send in letters if you’re on the wait list? I just found (in my junk mail!) an e-mail from UTMB encouraging us to send letters to help them pick people off the wait list. But it was from like, 1.5 weeks ago.
Hey I already sent a letter but it doesnt seem to be helping. What do you think about going to UTMB in person and speak with the members of the admission committee to show my interest ? Will this be received negatively?If you are really interested, you could still send something. Be honest in your email about your reasons for interest in UTMB, and don't complain or mention that it was in your junk mail 😳
One LOI is enough and if they still have spaces to fill from a WL that's when they will take a look at those.Hey I already sent a letter but it doesnt seem to be helping. What do you think about going to UTMB in person and speak with the members of the admission committee to show my interest ? Will this be received negatively?
Since you have no TMDSAS acceptances you can still be on their WL.
I'm not a fan of impassioned road trips...
They are asking for a letter of intent. TX schools don’t bank on ties to Texas but on ability and mission fit. So don’t throw around no bull in your letter.Thank for the advice! In addition to what makes the university itself stand out for me do you think it would be a wise to mention that I have out of state acceptances? As well as family ties to Texas?
I was ready to accept that I’d just have to go out-of-state for Med school—except me and my sister got to talking the other day about how grandma’s 90th was coming up. And it kind of hit me that I’d be gone for 4 years and she might not be around at the end of it, since she’s been ill. Then I saw that e-mail and it’s what made me consider writing something.
But I also don’t want to come off as trying to cheaply tug at people’s heartstrings for an acceptance. Nor do I want to look like I’m coldly bartering the acceptances that I do have, because it’s not like that.
It was an e-mail encouraging us to submit letters of intent (or interest?) to help them sort through the waitlist. I tried to dig through my junk so I could show you but I can’t find it. A couple other people on the previous page have mentioned it you may be able to get it from them!
I also just found this email in my junk mail... from april 27th. UTMB was my top choice, but I already have an acceptance from TAMU. Since it's past May 15th, I guess there's no point in responding to the email right?If you are really interested, you could still send something. Be honest in your email about your reasons for interest in UTMB, and don't complain or mention that it was in your junk mail 😳
Yeah, sorry no more chance to swap TMDSAS schools nowI also just found this email in my junk mail... from april 27th. UTMB was my top choice, but I already have an acceptance from TAMU. Since it's past May 15th, I guess there's no point in responding to the email right?
Hi all, first things first I want to thank wysdoc for all their help on these Texan MS threads. They've been extremely helpful and I actually created a SDN account today just to talk here.
I am currently on UTMB's waitlist IS with no other TMDSAS offers. I understand the rule about WL offers after May 15th, but I am curious as to how common it is for students to matriculate through this process? After yesterday my optimism has dropped dramatically and I am frantically considering sending in a LOI. I did not receive that email others are talking about regarding letters. Yes, I checked my junk mail thoroughly.
Thanks in advance!
I am currently on UTMB's waitlist IS with no other TMDSAS offers. I understand the rule about WL offers after May 15th, but I am curious as to how common it is for students to matriculate through this process? After yesterday my optimism has dropped dramatically and I am frantically considering sending in a LOI. I did not receive that email others are talking about regarding letters. Yes, I checked my junk mail thoroughly.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to SDN and yes, there will still be WL offers between now and the end of June, when they usually wrap up for Texas.Hi all, first things first I want to thank wysdoc for all their help on these Texan MS threads. They've been extremely helpful and I actually created a SDN account today just to talk here.
I am currently on UTMB's waitlist IS with no other TMDSAS offers. I understand the rule about WL offers after May 15th, but I am curious as to how common it is for students to matriculate through this process? After yesterday my optimism has dropped dramatically and I am frantically considering sending in a LOI. I did not receive that email others are talking about regarding letters. Yes, I checked my junk mail thoroughly.
Thanks in advance!
If you want to follow the adds and drops from the TMDSAS schools go here: #861 where we started listing WL offers the first week of March.
UTMB seems to be filling the spaces one by one when someone leaves for another school, and there will probably be more offers before we're all done.
In general, a medical school may not mail out the same form letter to every applicant.Any ideas on why some people got the letter on April 27 and some didn't?
In this case they may have mailed it only to some people on the WL, by whatever stratification method they use.
Does the score include interviews as well? (Probably a dumb question 😭)At UTMBs reapplication workshop, they said that applicants are given a score based on their application. There weren’t many details to this, but that might be how the April 27th email was sent
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
marsbars976
New Member
Received my acceptance today!
Just withdrew A! Good luck everybody!
bubbyfly23
Full Member
Are we done with movement? 🙁
Only folks who can get offers right now are 1) OOS, and 2) IS with no other A’s. Very little OOS movement with UTMB thus far.Are we done with movement? 🙁
Howdy folks. I recently learned that MSAR apparently reports when the first and last acceptances were sent out for each school. If this is true, can someone subscribed to MSAR tell us when UTMB extended its final acceptance last year, please?
It says July 1, and I observed last year that they were wrapped up in mid June.Howdy folks. I recently learned that MSAR apparently reports when the first and last acceptances were sent out for each school. If this is true, can someone subscribed to MSAR tell us when UTMB extended its final acceptance last year, please?