You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sure, but it will probably happen closer to the end of April when people holding several schools have to drop one for AMCAS traffic deadlines.is there any hope at all for waitlist movement for oos applicants??
UTMB class can have at most 23 OOS matriculants (10%)
bubbyfly23
Full Member
I know this is hard to determine and quite random - but when should we see more WL movement for IS applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same- April/May is when most of it happensI know this is hard to determine and quite random - but when should we see more WL movement for IS applicants?
Hey if anybody is holding onto an acceptance and planning to go somewhere else, it would be very chill of you to open up that spot for one of us chumps on the waitlist 😘😘😘
rainbow458
Full Member
and to the lovely people that have already done this THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE <3Hey if anybody is holding onto an acceptance and planning to go somewhere else, it would be very chill of you to open up that spot for one of us chumps on the waitlist 😘😘😘
theeHEK293T
New Member
IS. Just received a call from Dr. Banks for acceptance off of the waitlist!! I am ecstatic and awestruck right now.
Congrats man! So happy for ya!IS. Just received a call from Dr. Banks for acceptance off of the waitlist!! I am ecstatic and awestruck right now.
theeHEK293T
New Member
Thank you!! I appreciate it a ton!Congrats man! So happy for ya!
Now I'm looking at the OOS with multiple A's to make up your minds 😘😘
IS, Admitted off waitlist and received the call yesterday from Dr. Banks. Good luck to all! 

Would appreciate if I can get some clarification of this process:
By April 15 do we have to enter plan to enroll
even if one has less then 3 acceptances and say a WL
Or can you just wait till April 30th to straight away add commit to enroll
This leads to my last question, by entering COE do you lose your WL spot
By April 15 do we have to enter plan to enroll
even if one has less then 3 acceptances and say a WL
Or can you just wait till April 30th to straight away add commit to enroll
This leads to my last question, by entering COE do you lose your WL spot
public_lemon
Full Member
you don't have to plan to enroll until 30 april, but by that date you MUST choose a school. you can stay on waitlists if you only plan to enroll. commit to enroll has various deadlines i think, depending on the school, but by doing commit to enroll you DO lose your waitlist spots.Would appreciate if I can get some clarification of this process:
By April 15 do we have to enter plan to enroll
even if one has less then 3 acceptances and say a WL
Or can you just wait till April 30th to straight away add commit to enroll
This leads to my last question, by entering COE do you lose your WL spot
D
deleted1141314
What is plan to enroll and commit to enroll?Would appreciate if I can get some clarification of this process:
By April 15 do we have to enter plan to enroll
even if one has less then 3 acceptances and say a WL
Or can you just wait till April 30th to straight away add commit to enroll
This leads to my last question, by entering COE do you lose your WL spot
Those are things for AMCAS applicants and if you’re TX only don’t worry about itWhat is plan to enroll and commit to enroll?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rainbow458
Full Member
"It is your obligation to notify all schools where you hold a position in the class or are waitlisted, your intent to matriculate elsewhere by April 15, 2023, in order for your vacated position(s) to be offered to other applicants."
I got in off the waitlist and this sentence was copied and pasted directly from my offer letter. I already withdrew from the two out of state schools that I got into but to be honest there is one Texas school that I am waitlisted at that I would choose over utmb if given an offer. I thought the last day for waitlists was May 15 but my offer letter is saying I have to withdraw by tomorrow? Did anyone else get this in their letter? I don't want to get in trouble but I really don't want to take myself off the waitlist it's my dream school
I got in off the waitlist and this sentence was copied and pasted directly from my offer letter. I already withdrew from the two out of state schools that I got into but to be honest there is one Texas school that I am waitlisted at that I would choose over utmb if given an offer. I thought the last day for waitlists was May 15 but my offer letter is saying I have to withdraw by tomorrow? Did anyone else get this in their letter? I don't want to get in trouble but I really don't want to take myself off the waitlist it's my dream school
Sometimes a school will set deadlines that differ from or are earlier than the national PTE and CTE AMCAS deadlines."It is your obligation to notify all schools where you hold a position in the class or are waitlisted, your intent to matriculate elsewhere by April 15, 2023, in order for your vacated position(s) to be offered to other applicants."
I got in off the waitlist and this sentence was copied and pasted directly from my offer letter. I already withdrew from the two out of state schools that I got into but to be honest there is one Texas school that I am waitlisted at that I would choose over utmb if given an offer. I thought the last day for waitlists was May 15 but my offer letter is saying I have to withdraw by tomorrow? Did anyone else get this in their letter? I don't want to get in trouble but I really don't want to take myself off the waitlist it's my dream school
Did you accept your offer from the UTMB WL? if so, that is all you need to do for now.
Other TMDSAS schools can see that you have an acceptance, but that doesn't remove you from consideration for TMDSAS WL offers until
May 15.
Withdrew from UTMB! Good luck UTMB Class of 2027!
Last edited:
Where are you going? :OWithdrew from UTMB! Good luck UTMB Class of 2027!
They love A&M and some non Texas schools. Them non Tex schools are no good though. 🙂Where are you going? :O
Loyal Texan through and through, @texasvandy 🤠They love A&M and some non Texas schools. Them non Tex schools are no good though. 🙂
Most likely Penn State. Closer to home, has home programs, great alumni network, huge emphasis on humanities with bodes well with my writing background, smaller class size, etc…Where are you going? :O
I’ll decide on TAMU once I get my campus designation. But I’ll admit the partnership with the hospital down in the RGV makes me nervous because they could force my hand and make me go down there for a few rotations or something. The class just seems to get bigger and bigger which means some students are gonna be dealt bad hands
Does A&M provide campus designation before enrollment?Most likely Penn State. Closer to home, has home programs, great alumni network, huge emphasis on humanities with bodes well with my writing background, smaller class size, etc…
I’ll decide on TAMU once I get my campus designation. But I’ll admit the partnership with the hospital down in the RGV makes me nervous because they could force my hand and make me go down there for a few rotations or something. The class just seems to get bigger and bigger which means some students are gonna be dealt bad hands
Should be sometime next weekDoes A&M provide campus designation before enrollment?
Isnt there a huge tuition difference for Penn State? I thought instate was 50k.Should be sometime next week
There are lot of Texas kids who dont want to go to UT or A&M that go to Penn State or Arizona state for comparable student experience for undergrad.
It would cost me an extra $25K per year but I think it's worth it, especially because I'm extremely serious about public service so there is a high likelihood I could get my loans forgiven after 10 years of min payments starting my first paycheck in residencyIsnt there a huge tuition difference for Penn State? I thought instate was 50k.
There are lot of Texas kids who dont want to go to UT or A&M that go to Penn State or Arizona state for comparable student experience for undergrad.
rainbow458
Full Member
so update I called and was told I do have withdraw 🙁Sometimes a school will set deadlines that differ from or are earlier than the national PTE and CTE AMCAS deadlines.
Did you accept your offer from the UTMB WL? if so, that is all you need to do for now.
Other TMDSAS schools can see that you have an acceptance, but that doesn't remove you from consideration for TMDSAS WL offers until
May 15.
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
Is this for a Texas school? You shouldn't have to withdraw from any waitlisted schools in TMDSAS with an acceptance yet? Does UTMB policy supersede TMDSAS?so update I called and was told I do have withdraw 🙁
I have seen the AMCAS schools do this at times & set an earlier commit date.Is this for a Texas school? You shouldn't have to withdraw from any waitlisted schools in TMDSAS with an acceptance yet? Does UTMB policy supersede TMDSAS?
View attachment 369406
@rainbow458 did the right thing and called the school to double check.
If I get any different answer from TMDSAS I will post it here, y'all.
happymed288
Full Member
I have seen the AMCAS schools do this at times & set an earlier commit date.
@rainbow458 did the right thing and called the school to double check.
If I get any different answer from TMDSAS I will post it here, y'all.
I’m confused because I called UTMB earlier this week with the same question (because I am also on the waitlist for a school I ranked higher) and they told me I do not have to withdraw from the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rainbow458
Full Member
Was the April 15th deadline in your offer letter as well? The explanation I was given is that since utmb starts earlier than others, they want to have their class finalized early.I’m confused because I called UTMB earlier this week with the same question (because I am also on the waitlist for a school I ranked higher) and they told me I do not have to withdraw from the waitlist.
I've written the draft but haven't pressed send on my withdrawal email to my top choice yet. Now I'm second guessing things again if they told someone else its fine to stay on their waitlists...
rainbow458
Full Member
Is this for a Texas school? You shouldn't have to withdraw from any waitlisted schools in TMDSAS with an acceptance yet? Does UTMB policy supersede TMDSAS?
View attachment 369406
really hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here (please let me know so I can delete it) but here is what it says in my letter
I wonder if the waitlist acceptances are being told they can't be on other waitlists. Since they are offering you a seat off the waitlist, they want to make sure you consider them their top choice or else they will go to the next person on list.
I dont believe the currently admitted students (those that prematched or matched on match day) are being asked to get off their own waitlists.
I dont believe the currently admitted students (those that prematched or matched on match day) are being asked to get off their own waitlists.
happymed288
Full Member
View attachment 369417
really hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here (please let me know so I can delete it) but here is what it says in my letter
My letter says the same exact thing. I honestly feel like it’s worded weird but I actually read it aloud to whoever I talked to on the phone and she told me that I do not have to withdraw.
Am I correct in assuming that today will likely be a wave of acceptance calls with people moving schools, but that there could still be WL movement all the way until the matriculation date?
I don’t expect any big TMDSAS WL action until after April 30Am I correct in assuming that today will likely be a wave of acceptance calls with people moving schools, but that there could still be WL movement all the way until the matriculation date?
What happens is that people are required to go down to 3 schools (primarily OOS since Texas residents are down to 1 in Texas already) and so some are paring down their Texas admissions. It is upto the schools to decide whether they admit other OOS when they lose some or admit IS for those openings since OOS admissions are carefully measured (try to hold to 10% or less) sforo when they lose one, it is an actual opening for the school.Am I correct in assuming that today will likely be a wave of acceptance calls with people moving schools, but that there could still be WL movement all the way until the matriculation date?
Early May they need to further reduce to a single admission which means some have given up 2 more admissions, whether in Texas or elsewhere. This is when IS students might actually give up a Texas admission to go OOS and slots can open up, normally at higher tiered schools causing a ripple effect. If nothing changes in the first 10-15 days of May, most likely the season is over. It is very rare that things happen after 15th if it does, it is primarily for someone with zero IS admissions.
edit: I see @wysdoc is predicting movement only after 30th. The 2nd paragraph here is why.
Yep, because people are procrastinators and will put off their decisions until the April 30 date.What happens is that people are required to go down to 3 schools (primarily OOS since Texas residents are down to 1 in Texas already) and so some are paring down their Texas admissions. It is upto the schools to decide whether they admit other OOS when they lose some or admit IS for those openings since OOS admissions are carefully measured (try to hold to 10% or less) sforo when they lose one, it is an actual opening for the school.
Early May they need to further reduce to a single admission which means some have given up 2 more admissions, whether in Texas or elsewhere. This is when IS students might actually give up a Texas admission to go OOS and slots can open up, normally at higher tiered schools causing a ripple effect. If nothing changes in the first 10-15 days of May, most likely the season is over. It is very rare that things happen after 15th if it does, it is primarily for someone with zero IS admissions.
edit: I see @wysdoc is predicting movement only after 30th. The 2nd paragraph here is why.
Then schools need a minute to count up any emptied spaces and decide whom to invite from the WL.
bubbyfly23
Full Member
Is the UTMB WL ranked?
D
deleted1141024
Yes, all Texas MD schools are rankedIs the UTMB WL ranked?
bubbyfly23
Full Member
Does anyone know if UTMB reveals your spot on the WL?Yes, all Texas MD schools are ranked
None of the Texas schools will tell you "what number you are" in the WL.Does anyone know if UTMB reveals your spot on the WL?
Most AMCAS schools don't either, but a few will hint that you are in the "high priority" WL or in the "top third" etc.
Got in from the WL today!! So excited!
Samronjohn
Full Member
Got in from the WL today!! So excited!
Congrats!! IS?
Yes!Congrats!! IS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a bit confusingI wonder if the waitlist acceptances are being told they can't be on other waitlists. Since they are offering you a seat off the waitlist, they want to make sure you consider them their top choice or else they will go to the next person on list.
I dont believe the currently admitted students (those that prematched or matched on match day) are being asked to get off their own waitlists.
If you have prematched then get off a WL.
Now you hold 2 TX admissions, so you withdraw from one by April 15. What if you get off WL after 15th April
You never hold two admissions in Texas IS past match. You are accepting your waitlist offer with the expectation that you are turning down the admission you are holding. You are allowed to turn down the waitlist offer and keep what you have.This is a bit confusing
If you have prematched then get off a WL.
Now you hold 2 TX admissions, so you withdraw from one by April 15. What if you get off WL after 15th April
I am saying UTMB might be recommending that you make them your final choice when they offer you a spot from the WL by asking you to cancel all other waitlists or else dont even accept it.
Last edited:
beachcowboy
Full Member
Withdrew my A… hope whoever it goes to will do great things with it 😉 good luck everyone!
we need more details as to what you are going to be doing. 🙂Withdrew my A… hope whoever it goes to will do great things with it 😉 good luck everyone!
beachcowboy
Full Member
Waiting on McGovern 🤣we need more details as to what you are going to be doing. 🙂