2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm. You can wait the 24 hours for the actual link. But I followed these instructions to complete my secondary,

“If you do not receive email instruction within 24 hours after this notification, please visit https://explore.acheedu.org/, complete the form using the email address on your AACOMAS application and following the instructions. Once logged in, you should see a "Secondary Application" link on the left.”

If that doesn’t work, I’d call and ask for them to email the link. They are very nice. The secondary is REALLY important here because that means you’re pretty much getting an II. I got my II the next business day after submitting. But only after I completed the secondary AND completed the technical standards pdf.
Thank you! I reached out and got their assistance! Just submitted my secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I do not have a DO letter, will I not be sent the secondary?

Secondary received today!!

Reactions: 1 users
+1 got an ii too!! Excited! Does anyone know generally their interview dates? Is it next week or further in advance?

+1 got an ii too!! Excited! Does anyone know generally their interview dates? Is it next week or further in advance?
congrats! when did they email that you were complete? I completed my secondary a couple hours ago

Members don't see this ad :)

Their first date available was tomorrow but they have dates available every Tuesday and Friday this month. I’m going next Friday-message me if you end up on the same day!

Hey guys feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the school. I'm a first year here at ARCOM.

Just received the fee waiver form through email. Should my explanation for the missing item be detailed or straight to the point?
i.e. "I did not receive a DO letter, because I was not able to shadow a DO but rather an MD"

If anyone else is attending the interview on the 22nd of August PM me!

My interview is next Friday 8/11 if anyone wants to connect before. Especially non-trads! But also anyone :)

August 18th! Hit me up if anyone else signed up for that Friday

Hi ya'll! Just a reminder that each person's cycle will vary, if someone else received their secondary a week from applying does not mean that will be your case, and it definitely does not mean it is too late for you if you have been waiting longer! Application cycles can be grueling, try to keep your head high and be patient! Also, if you have updates, send those in as ARCOM admissions truly does look at applications holistically and they review applications once a week every week until the cycle is over. Be professional at all times in your emails! It is still verrrry early in the cycle, so try not to get too anxious yet.

With all that being said, be humble in your interviews! It doesn't matter if you went to a top ten school, you come from XYZ, or you have 10+ interviews, or just one. Eventually, you will pick ONE school to attend, and everyone will be on the same page.

Feel free to message me as the cycle goes on if you have any questions! I am happy to chat and share my personal experience and/or give advice.
Good luck!!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone received a secondary without a DO letter?

Hi! Where did you hear this from? Thanks
Two places, I looked at multiple threads, especially the excel sheet in the 2020-2021 sdn section. This forum thread discussed the first few classes they’ve had and their acceptance rates post II. I think post #617 and a few beyond that discuss these stats if you want to look for yourself. They also have other schools listed so it’s a good resource, although somewhat outdated.

Second, they are forthcoming with this information if you ask while you’re in person there. I interviewed at ARCOM and did some field reconnaissance for the sdn squad. 😉

Post in: '2020-2021 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM'
2020-2021 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Inv OOS today

anyone interviewing on the 18th? Imma be in fort smith the 17th and wanted to see if anyone wants to explore with me

Secondary received today!!! Had to read my email 3 times!!! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Submitted the waiver form 8/10.... For those who got a secondary after, how long did take for them to come up with a decision?

Good luck interviewing everyone! I am in the MSB program here and hoping to start with your class! Eligible MSB students wanting to matriculate into ARCOM will interview a little bit later in the cycle. But if y’all have any questions about ARCOM, fort smith, or anything else that I can answer let me know!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed on July 28th! OOS!

Reactions: 3 users