2023-2024 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to apply to this school? I've been on the fence, but I've been thinking about shooting my shot anyway...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to apply to this school? I've been on the fence, but I've been thinking about shooting my shot anyway...
Apply, they look at applications all the time!

Reactions: 1 user
You have to manually email the admissions office:)
Thank you. Can we request for a fee waiver for all the schools that we sent secondary? Sorry, I didn’t realize that there is a fee waiver for each school. Thanks in advance.

Thank you. Can we request for a fee waiver for all the schools that we sent secondary? Sorry, I didn’t realize that there is a fee waiver for each school. Thanks in advance.
Not that I know of.... this is the only school where I did this for

Any advice for the interview here?
It's very conversational! They want to get to know you and want to understand why you're interested in medicine. There will be a staff member and a community member. The community loves to be involved in what's happening, and this is a way you can see the community as well as the community can see who is coming to the school. Check out the common questions asked on the specific interview link for ARCOM. Not sure what else there is to say, just be yourself! Feel free to message me any questions you have!

Any advice for the interview here?
honestly super chill. There is a faculty member and a community member who interview you. My biggest piece of advice is make sure you are giving both people eye contact and keeping both of them engaged. Besides that just be yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Let me know if y’all have any questions I was accepted here.

Anyone else get a promotional email about the open house? The email read, 'Hello. I wanted to personally reach out with an invitation to some of the upcoming events hosted by the ARCOM admissions team.'
And it was only sent to my email. Seems like a lot of effort to email every person applying individually? Or maybe they can mass send individual emails I guess.

+1

It’s not “personal” if they sent it to everyone. The process already sucks, why lie?

lmao I saw the subject line and almost quit my job. This level of disrespect shouldn't be legal lol
Confused The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

You guys getting emails?! I've been waiting on a secondary since June. According to their admissions director, I'm apparently still under review.

...but I haven't received any promotional email about open houses and stuff like that.

You guys getting emails?! I've been waiting on a secondary since June. According to their admissions director, I'm apparently still under review.

...but I haven't received any promotional email about open houses and stuff like that.
Dont worry fam, God is just saving you from unnecessary panic attacks lmao, You will get your secondaries when all this nonsense has passed and go straight to your acceptance as smooth as a suppository

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Dont worry fam, God is just saving you from unnecessary panic attacks lmao, You will get your secondaries when all this nonsense has passed and go straight to your acceptance as smooth as a suppository

I hope and pray everyday. So far, I’ve only had silence and rejections. A II please!

• Care

From what I remember when I spoke to admissions you are added to the email list if your interested I would ask if you could be added into it!

Anyone else get a promotional email about the open house? The email read, 'Hello. I wanted to personally reach out with an invitation to some of the upcoming events hosted by the ARCOM admissions team.'
And it was only sent to my email. Seems like a lot of effort to email every person applying individually? Or maybe they can mass send individual emails I guess.
I got one. I am still waiting for secondary through

I heard they give you an answer 2-3 weeks after your interview. Does anyone know if people in the past have received an answer earlier than that? What's the post II acceptance rate?

I heard they give you an answer 2-3 weeks after your interview. Does anyone know if people in the past have received an answer earlier than that? What's the post II acceptance rate?

6 business days for me

Can any current students DM me their honest thoughts about ARCOM? I really loved my interview experience and hopefully, all goes well, but I just want to hear it from an unbiased student perspective.

I submitted my primary to them and they received it in early August. I still haven’t gotten a secondary from them or a rejection. I believe that my primary was tailored well to their mission statement. I’m not sure what’s going on.

I submitted my primary to them and they received it in early August. I still haven’t gotten a secondary from them or a rejection. I believe that my primary was tailored well to their mission statement. I’m not sure what’s going on.
Apparently they only send secondaries right prior to interview, So not having received one yet doesnt mean you are out of the equations.
If you get the chance to schedule an advising appointment with admissions, they will tell you how they feel about your app.

Last edited:
Apparently they only send secondaries right prior to interview, So not having received one yet doesnt mean you are out of the equations.
I you get the chance to schedule an advising appointment with admissions, they will tell you how they feel about your app.
Do I just email them and ask how they feel about my app?

Do I just email them and ask how they feel about my app?
No just email admission and politely ask them if you can schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, it doesnt increase or reduce your chances, but it did help me perceive how my application is read by ARCOM

No just email admission and politely ask them if you can schedule a one-on-one advising appointment, it doesnt increase or reduce your chances, but it did help me perceive how my application is read by ARCOM
I’ll do that. How did they read your app out of curiosity?

I’ll do that. How did they read your app out of curiosity?
pretty much read my app out loud and showed me how conclusion about you are made based on your stats. What I thought were weaknesses turned out to be something they liked but obviously still discussed other weaknesses. They dont give you any expectations on the outcome of your app though. I am still praying for an interview lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You guys get a thank you letter from ARCOM after your interview?

Sorry to keep posting on this board, but I have not received a secondary or an R from here and they have had my verified primary since Aug. 7th. Should I reach out to them and express interest in this school since it is one of my top choices? If so, what should I say?