2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have interview advice? Heard it’s pretty conversational but if anyone who interviewed would be willing to give more details I’d appreciate it!!
 
Anyone have interview advice? Heard it’s pretty conversational but if anyone who interviewed would be willing to give more details I’d appreciate it!!
My faculty interviewer kinda grilled me. I was the first interview done and had no clue how it went because it was not a conversation. He’d ask, I’d answer, he’d say okay, then proceed to the next question. My student interviewer was super relaxed we just talked the whole time and went for the full time (twice as long as the faculty). I got accepted so don’t read too much into the interview if you’re just grilled.
 
On the other hand I thought both my interviews were very good but I ended up being waitlisted so this whole process is just so bs
Interviews are just a piece of the overall. Hoping for the best for you! I know there’s a lot of WL movement
 
Anyone have interview advice? Heard it’s pretty conversational but if anyone who interviewed would be willing to give more details I’d appreciate it!!

My interview was really great with faculty - we took up the entire time chatting. Talked a lot about the research I’ve done, my spring plans, and my dogs of all things! Student interview was more Q&A, didn’t like that as much.
 
Anyone have interview advice? Heard it’s pretty conversational but if anyone who interviewed would be willing to give more details I’d appreciate it!!

I had two faculty interviewers and no student interviewer (maybe because I went in person?), and both were very very conversational! Don’t stress and know your app really well, I got asked some fairly specific things about my activities and how they related to my future goals. Have a good answer for why Buffalo too.
 
I had two faculty interviewers and no student interviewer (maybe because I went in person?), and both were very very conversational! Don’t stress and know your app really well, I got asked some fairly specific things about my activities and how they related to my future goals. Have a good answer for why Buffalo too.
I was in person. It was random. Some my day had 2 faculty too
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had two faculty interviewers and no student interviewer (maybe because I went in person?), and both were very very conversational! Don’t stress and know your app really well, I got asked some fairly specific things about my activities and how they related to my future goals. Have a good answer for why Buffalo too.

I was in person as well.
 
So as an ED applicant you don't get offered an interview? Idk how the process works for ED applicants who got put into regular pool, just curious
ohh i see what you’re asking. i didn’t interview for ED, they just put me in the regular pool and i got an interview that way
 
ohh i see what you’re asking. i didn’t interview for ED, they just put me in the regular pool and i got an interview that way
Ooooh okay that makes a lot of sense, for some reason I had thought you received an interview for ED and another one for the regular pool haha
 
My faculty interviewer kinda grilled me. I was the first interview done and had no clue how it went because it was not a conversation. He’d ask, I’d answer, he’d say okay, then proceed to the next question. My student interviewer was super relaxed we just talked the whole time and went for the full time (twice as long as the faculty). I got accepted so don’t read too much into the interview if you’re just grilled.
Literally EXACT SAME
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finished my interview and it was a great experience, 2 faculty interviewers in person, first was about 30-35 min and more conversational, second was 20-25 min and more q&a, overall a good experience and the admissions team was very happy to have us. No further info on the curriculum change in the fall