You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BullEagle
Full Member
How I feel waiting for the decisions to be released:![]()
All my homies check SDN at least once a day
LilyMedical
Full Member
Manifesting everyone receives the results they want, success will come your way!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-med-nyc
New Member
i feel you! i’ve been waiting since august and been dying everyday since lolIf that’s the case I’m jealous of the people that only have to wait a couple days 😭 I’ve been waiting since September
BullEagle
Full Member
BullEagle
Full Member
If they truly are releasing decisions once the committee meets and finalizes everything, I would strongly believe that we will get our decisions on Friday
Admissions told me that’s exactly what they’re waiting on, they just had no set date for when they’d be wrapped up.
humble_grass12
Full Member
Last interview date for December is the 20th, is it possible they are voting on all December interviewees this Thursday/Friday then releasing the decisions?
It think that's what is most likely to happen. In years past I've seen people get decisions on the same day as their interview, as candidates were voted on in a meeting right after interviews for the day are done. From what I've seen they still do that, however there may be some additional step in the finalization process now that would happen this week.Last interview date for December is the 20th, is it possible they are voting on all December interviewees this Thursday/Friday then releasing the decisions?
LilyMedical
Full Member
Did anyone have experience with a medical student as an interviewer? Were they as friendly as the admissions staff?
Mine was awesome. Super conversational student. Much more than the professorDid anyone have experience with a medical student as an interviewer? Were they as friendly as the admissions staff?
I felt slightly more intimidated by the student, but maybe it was just me. She was very friendly, just asked more "formal" questions I guess. Nothing crazy but threw me a few "tell me about a time when __" while the physician just asked about my app. Good luck if you're interviewing this week, you got it!Did anyone have experience with a medical student as an interviewer? Were they as friendly as the admissions staff?
BullEagle
Full Member
I felt slightly more intimidated by the student, but maybe it was just me. She was very friendly, just asked more "formal" questions I guess. Nothing crazy but threw me a few "tell me about a time when __" while the physician just asked about my app. Good luck if you're interviewing this week, you got it!
Not just you, the student interview is definitely different and more intimidating for whatever reason, I preferred my interview with the doc a million times over
LilyMedical
Full Member
I haven't had mine yet but I am definitely nervous about the interviewers. Thank you all for sharing your experience, I'll loop back with mine after ahahLol! I have to give you an answer here! My student interviewer was awful!!!! She was roasting me for the whole 45 minutes. 22 ridiculous questions in 45 minutes! I gave her answers about my life story but she never seemed to show any emotions, just like she didn’t care. It was really difficult for me to guide my responses. What was your experience with student interviewer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My student interviewer was very nice and conversational, lower stress than my faculty interview.Did anyone have experience with a medical student as an interviewer? Were they as friendly as the admissions staff?
rupoyato333
New Member
LOL I can’t stop checking my email
No literally and every time I get a gmail notification my heartrate skyrockets 🤣LOL I can’t stop checking my email
oatmeallover1
Full Member
are the last interviews for December today?
purplepanda2001
Full Member
if they’re doing in person interviews today i really don’t think we’ll hear back today (though i’d be happy to be incorrect [emoji23])
ChaChaSlide
Full Member
Maybe it'll be a 1-hour turnaround for them 🥴if they’re doing in person interviews today i really don’t think we’ll hear back today (though i’d be happy to be incorrect [emoji23])
rupoyato333
New Member
I thought the people who interview in December would hear back in March
I don’t think any of us know for certain but I think it’s incredibly likely they hear back this monthI thought the people who interview in December would hear back in March
BullEagle
Full Member
I thought the people who interview in December would hear back in March
Probably will hear back this month
BullEagle
Full Member
are the last interviews for December today?
Yes, this is it!
oatmeallover1
Full Member
agreed, my in person interview ran until around 3:30 or 4pm (also in person is Wednesdays)if they’re doing in person interviews today i really don’t think we’ll hear back today (though i’d be happy to be incorrect [emoji23])
this wait stinks
BullEagle
Full Member
this wait stinks
Yes it sure does 🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BullEagle
Full Member
I wonder if they said anything about decisions to those who interviewed today?
Also interested to know this! [mention]LilyMedical [/mention] let’s hear it!!
LilyMedical
Full Member
They did not mention anything about decisions, they just said that there is a student Q&A panel on friday so i'm not sure if they would release decisions same dayAlso interested to know this! [mention]LilyMedical [/mention] let’s hear it!!
A just came via email, interviewed back in august
coolhuevos
Full Member
A! So happy!!!
oatmeallover1
Full Member
now i’m scared bc I haven’t gotten an email😭
A!!!!!!
chocdoc2028
Full Member
same!now i’m scared bc I haven’t gotten an email😭
oatmeallover1
Full Member
any chance theyre coming in waves??same!
chocdoc2028
Full Member
possibly! i'm literally spamming my refresh button ever 2 minutes haha.any chance theyre coming in waves??
oatmeallover1
Full Member
im so anxious😢possibly! i'm literally spamming my refresh button ever 2 minutes haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chunkimonki
Full Member
OOS A!! complete 07/20, interview 10/16
oatmeallover1
Full Member
did they all come at the same time?
Idk, what's what I'm trying to figure out bc I haven't received anythingdid they all come at the same time?
cemetaryFaIry7
Full Member
IS A!!