You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BullEagle
Full Member
Just finished my interview and it was a great experience, 2 faculty interviewers in person, first was about 30-35 min and more conversational, second was 20-25 min and more q&a, overall a good experience and the admissions team was very happy to have us. No further info on the curriculum change in the fall
There are a series of videos that UB uploaded on the new “well beyond” curriculum, as well as a website dedicated to it if you were looking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I acc emailed admissions and they sent me the link, I must not have been looking in the right placesThere are a series of videos that UB uploaded on the new “well beyond” curriculum, as well as a website dedicated to it if you were looking
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Anyone not hear anything since being complete? complete late July in-state
always_tired0123
Full Member
Did anyone not send thank you notes? Forgot to get their emails during my interviews, now I’m feeling bad about it 🙁
If they’re UB faculty the directory will have their email. If they’re physicians yoh might have a harder time of it but def try if you feel like it!Did anyone not send thank you notes? Forgot to get their emails during my interviews, now I’m feeling bad about it 🙁
i also forgot to get emails so I sent them via USPSDid anyone not send thank you notes? Forgot to get their emails during my interviews, now I’m feeling bad about it 🙁
OOS II. Complete 9/19.
IS II today! Complete 8/15
midnightqueen
New Member
For people who have attended / will be attending in-person interviews, does anyone know if there's an option to stay with a medical student or shadow a medical student?
BullEagle
Full Member
For people who have attended / will be attending in-person interviews, does anyone know if there's an option to stay with a medical student or shadow a medical student?
There is no option to do this on interview day.
Is there an accepted students GroupMe or anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was mentioned around the same time the first As went outIs there an accepted students GroupMe or anything yet?
Thanks. Looks like I missed it back thenit was mentioned around the same time the first As went out
End of April is when we have to narrow down A's to one. so maybe late AprilDo we think there is any hope of WL movement starting before like May?
always_tired0123
Full Member
It's only been a week since my interview.... don't know how I'm going to make it until the end of March lol. This wait is going to be torturous
same here! about like 8 weeks left 😴It's only been a week since my interview.... don't know how I'm going to make it until the end of March lol. This wait is going to be torturous
always_tired0123
Full Member
I wonder why they changed it this year. In years passed people found out within 1-2 weeks it seems..... ughsame here! about like 8 weeks left 😴
tacocatgoatcheesepizza
Full Member
OOS II today! Complete 7/26
When were you complete?OOS II today! Complete 7/26
Got an II last week of Jan, scheduled for next week! They gave me a week's range to schedule in and I gave them my preferred day, then they confirmed a few days later.For those with recent IIs when is your interview date? late Feb or are we into early March already?
always_tired0123
Full Member
Oh no… does this mean we won’t hear back until April now?Did anyone notice that the website changed from saying “Interviews scheduled August through March” to “August through April”? Wonder what this means about the current class size, March decisions can’t come soon enough omg
I don’t think so, it still says second round of decisions is end of March 2024Oh no… does this mean we won’t hear back until April now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure what this might mean but I just hope WL movement is big lolDid anyone notice that the website changed from saying “Interviews scheduled August through March” to “August through April”? Wonder what this means about the current class size, March decisions can’t come soon enough omg
Hannah 252
Full Member
I feel so stuck :/ I got an A elsewhere but I feel like I can't even be too excited about it bc I'm hanging on to the Buffalo WL with all of my hope. I'd much rather go to Buffalo. I don't know how to plan/move forward without being certain about my status at this school 🙁. I did not expect WL anxiety to be this bad.Not sure what this might mean but I just hope WL movement is big lol
WL movement is always pretty goodI feel so stuck :/ I got an A elsewhere but I feel like I can't even be too excited about it bc I'm hanging on to the Buffalo WL with all of my hope. I'd much rather go to Buffalo. I don't know how to plan/move forward without being certain about my status at this school 🙁. I did not expect WL anxiety to be this bad.
That's what we love to hear. Rn I have no As and I'm not trynna reapply 😭WL movement is always pretty good
med_student1120
New Member
Is there really a difference between in person and virtual interviews? Ik they say there’s not difference but do u think it’s looked down upon to do virtual interview?
BullEagle
Full Member
Is there really a difference between in person and virtual interviews? Ik they say there’s not difference but do u think it’s looked down upon to do virtual interview?
If you have the ability to get to the school and would like to go there, I’d say putting in the effort to attend in-person is probably a good idea, if for nothing else then to meet the student body. They say it doesn’t matter but there isn’t a real way to know for sure.
Last edited:
LilyMedical
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea about what events take place during accepted students weekend?
Congrats! Best of luck 🙂IS II, complete 7/27, interview week of 2/29
It is a little perversely funny to me that UB was my top choice initially but has been the only in-state school I haven't gotten an interview from lol 😂
It be like that sometimes lmaoIt is a little perversely funny to me that UB was my top choice initially but has been the only in-state school I haven't gotten an interview from lol 😂
IS II this morningAny recent IIs? And if so, what’s the timeframe for dates?
When's your interview week? March or February?IS II this morning
All interviews from Jan-March are released in march so I assume they are still interviewing as normal, so both decisionsIt's Thursday, February 29 - Wednesday, March 6. Would these interviews be for the waitlist or still direct admission?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medobsessed
New Member
There are 66 of us in there right nowfor those in the accepted students group chat… how many people are in it so far? just trying to estimate roughly how many more A’s will be given out
LittleCoaks
Full Member
I interviewed 01/08 and i won’t hear back til March?? Man that’s so annoying hahaAll interviews from Jan-March are released in march so I assume they are still interviewing as normal, so both decisions
Yep, they changed their process this year, end of March we get decisionsI interviewed 01/08 and i won’t hear back til March?? Man that’s so annoying haha