2023-2024 Charles R Drew

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, can someone explain the letter of rec requirement? The MSAR doesn't have requirements but on the CDU website, they do. Does anyone know what the actual thing is? How many can we send?
 
Has anyone had luck getting a secondary with a pass/fail in any of these classes? I got a COVID-19 grade p/f for Physics 1, and I want to know how strict they are about p/f.
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 4.26.40 PM.png
 
Idk at this point. I feel like I’m such a good mission fit but I’m sure there’s others like me
Same. URM, disadvantage, first generation. grew up 10 minutes away from the school. Want to do primary care and practice in the same area since I grew up here. But my gpa and mcat are horrible. Just shooting my shot I guess 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It may just take a while for them to get the rest of the secondaries out. Remember that they are a new medical school and trying to dwindle numbers down to 60 matriculants is definitely tricky.
 
Secondary for CDU received 8/14...

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

I hope this helps calm some hearts.
 
Secondary for CDU received 8/14...

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

I hope this helps calm some hearts.
My email states that they send interviews through Feb 2024, so I believe they should start anytime from now until Feb
 
Secondary for CDU received 8/14...

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

I hope this helps calm some hearts.
It might indeed be clinical hours since I received secondaries before my latest MCAT came out. Havnt heard anything since the confirmation email
 
Secondary for CDU received 8/14...

For those asking what they look for -- I have more than 10,000 hours of clinical experience working with the underserved.

and FYI -- After I submitted the secondary I got an email saying that they will start to send II in Feb 2024.

I hope this helps calm some hearts.
My email says they will send II thru Feb 2024 not in Feb 2024
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to people who have received an II.
I’m just wondering why I haven’t received secondaries yet 😅
 
Hi everyone, can someone explain the letter of rec requirement? The MSAR doesn't have requirements but on the CDU website, they do. Does anyone know what the actual thing is? How many can we send?
they accept 3-5 letters. to my understanding, there are no specific requirements to who they prefer to write them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad