2023-2024 Charles R Drew

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ні,

For those attending the school post UCLA separation, how has your experience been so far?

Do you feel that your education so far has been up to par considering how new the program is? Along that note, has the faculty been supportive of the helping you guys with the difficulties of being in a new program and med school in general? Also, with the cost of tuition and cost of living in LA, are there ample resources for getting financial aid? Lastly, how are the opportunities and extracurricular programs at the school?

Sorry for the long list of questions, even if you could just answer a few that would be awesome!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS ii received yesterday. Wish they had a list of available days to pick from instead of me having to send them my availability. Doesn’t seem too efficient. Nevertheless, happy to have an ii in my hometown finally!!
congrats! when did you submit?
 
I have a question because I am genuinely confused based off online information. Is CRD an HBCU?
I am not sure, when I was making my school list and looking for HBCU it was on the list I was looking at but I am not sure
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry this may have already been asked but CDU does accept update letters right? and if so do we just email it to admissions?
 
I’m kind of confused about why I have not gotten a secondary yet. Complete primary 6/30/23. I emailed admissions a lengthy email on 10/25/23 to ask about my status of secondary and got a simple “it is under review” response from the dean….
No secondary since, which I guess is better than an R? lol
 
I’m kind of confused about why I have not gotten a secondary yet. Complete primary 6/30/23. I emailed admissions a lengthy email on 10/25/23 to ask about my status of secondary and got a simple “it is under review” response from the dean….
No secondary since, which I guess is better than an R? lol
they send secondaries for at least another month so you definitely still have time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wait according to last years thread, the last interview date was last December…is that the same for this year or have they been late? It’s been radio silence for me since my secondary in September
 
wait according to last years thread, the last interview date was last December…is that the same for this year or have they been late? It’s been radio silence for me since my secondary in September
I think their interviews started in 12/05/2022 and lasted until February 2023. This years interviews started around September. Per their website, interviews will be from August till December. Not sure if they’ll make an exception and continue till the next year.
 
I think their interviews started in 12/05/2022 and lasted until February 2023. This years interviews started around September. Per their website, interviews will be from August till December. Not sure if they’ll make an exception and continue till the next year.
Interesting how they say secondaries are sent out through Jan if they stop in December?
 
Had my interview yesterday. As I am talking about my life and what I had been through almost bringing a PTSD tear to my eye, interviewer start yawning.
Logical brain: it was 9 am, seemed tired from the start and was late. Must have a lot going on with the cycle
Overthinker Brain: Wrap it up Big fam, see you next cycle

🤣🤣🤣