-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hope Dr. L is not your interviewer... she's not the best doing interviews. 🤦♂️Interviewing this week, any insight/advice on their interview process?? a lil nervous for this one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Esky27
Full Member
How so?Hope Dr. L is not your interviewer... she's not the best doing interviews. 🤦♂️
Agreed. I saw that as well. Maybe they’re a little behind?Interesting how they say secondaries are sent out through Jan if they stop in December?
I believe there is one this Friday now instead.Anyone able to join the info session?
so according to the info session I went to techncially no CDU missed the designation by 1 year but they call themselves a historically diverse school or something like thatI have a question because I am genuinely confused based off online information. Is CRD an HBCU?
She's rude. Not what she promotes on Ig or MiMentor.How so?
I didn't notice this -- for me my interviewers both asked fair questions and it was very low stress. Know your app well and talk about your experiences in a meaningful way, good luck!!So from what I've heard, one of the interviews is more about our lives/experiences, while the other interview is about academics? Can someone confirm & elaborate a bit if possible? Thanks
Still no secondary here...
no.green.ham
Full Member
She's rude. Not what she promotes on Ig or MiMentor.
I follow her on insta and we chat -I think she’s nice
Yeah, that's why i said that she's not what she promotes on social media 🤷♂️. But it's ok to differ in opinions.I follow her on insta and we chat -I think she’s nice
Premed44-4
Full Member
That’s what they sayAre all replies coming out of Feb. 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4200 applications for 60 spot ?
yes they doDo they take letters of continued interest?
Premed44-4
Full Member
Yes they doSorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if CDU accepts post interview updates?
getItdone57
Full Member
Kinda glad to see I’m not they only one that felt this way. Really made me not want to continue considering the school. Second interviewer was great though!!Hope Dr. L is not your interviewer... she's not the best doing interviews. 🤦♂️
Esky27
Full Member
Oh i felt the exact same way.... Felt so rushed and almost like she was questioning my answers in a rude way. Sucks bc i really wanted to go to this school 😢 not sure if ill get the A anymoreKinda glad to see I’m not they only one that felt this way. Really made me not want to continue considering the school. Second interviewer was great though!!
Did anyone not get a secondary? CDU was the first school I added to my application, and I tried to contact the admissions office twice about it but did not receive a response. I never received a secondary...
lovely2025
Full Member
i know a few people that didn’t end up getting one. i think they’re still sending them out but they are definitely not sending as many as i assumedDid anyone not get a secondary? CDU was the first school I added to my application, and I tried to contact the admissions office twice about it but did not receive a response. I never received a secondary...
lovely2025
Full Member
does anyone know if they’re closed for the holidays already? curious if any II are gonna go out before the end of the calendar year
same here, never received one.Did anyone not get a secondary? CDU was the first school I added to my application, and I tried to contact the admissions office twice about it but did not receive a response. I never received a secondary...
same, still waiting lolsame here, never received one.
no.green.ham
Full Member
According to their website, interview invites are sent between July - Dec 2023 and then interviews are between August - Dec 2023. So there’s no hope basically right? Like if you haven’t received an interview by now - issa wrap?
lovely2025
Full Member
their initial email said february. they may just not have updated the websiteAccording to their website, interview invites are sent between July - Dec 2023 and then interviews are between August - Dec 2023. So there’s no hope basically right? Like if you haven’t received an interview by now - issa wrap?
lovely2025
Full Member
in the primary received email they said they send secondaries until january and in the secondary received email they said they send II through february so we have a little while longertheir initial email said february. they may just not have updated the website
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh thank God cause Dec is over and I was accepting the reality lolin the primary received email they said they send secondaries until january and in the secondary received email they said they send II through february so we have a little while longer
Lol same! No secondary so I’m like “oh that’s it for meeee!” 😂🥺🥲😭Oh thank God cause Dec is over and I was accepting the reality lol
there’s no need to feel forgotten, decisions haven’t been released yet.I truly wonder how they remember or track the early interviewees, I interviewed back in September and feel forgotten lol
muffinman#3
Full Member
I also interviewed early September, I feel like it’s double work for them to interview everyone then have to decide their top 60. No way they remember us who went first lolthere’s no need to feel forgotten, decisions haven’t been released yet.
I’m sure they have a system to keep track of our interviewers notes to go along with your file. I highly doubt it would be based on who went first because CDU releases decisions starting in February and I believe interviews are done by then. They also likely accept more than just 60 because students may have received A’s from other schools by that time as well.I also interviewed early September, I feel like it’s double work for them to interview everyone then have to decide their top 60. No way they remember us who went first lol
Last edited:
getItdone57
Full Member
Yea I agree. They likely build their class as they go but are just waiting to release results until February and then as people possibly decline and what not more acceptances go out. It’s kinda more fair in a way cuz it seems like they try to interview as many ppl as possible before sending any decisions.I’m sure they have a system to keep track of our interviewers notes to go along with your file. I highly doubt it would be based on who went first because CDU releases decisions starting in February and I believe interviews are done by then. They also likely accept more than just 60 because students may have received A’s from other schools by that time as well.
My guess would be next week after the New Year but I don't know exactlyWhen do adcoms return from the holidays?
Nice article on this school from The Guardian (UK paper)
Inaugural medical class at historically Black university in LA is ‘what medicine has needed’
Inaugural medical class at historically Black university in LA is ‘what medicine has needed’
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
They redid their website and it’s really accesible and easy now! I also see they have a timeline that says interviews ended in December… acceptances start Feb 15th and there’s 2 weeks max to respond… seems like it gives a lot of people a chance to get spots! Hopeful 😳
Well that hurts 😭 I got a secondary but no IIThey redid their website and it’s really accesible and easy now! I also see they have a timeline that says interviews ended in December… acceptances start Feb 15th and there’s 2 weeks max to respond… seems like it gives a lot of people a chance to get spots! Hopeful 😳
lovely2025
Full Member
the emails they’ve been sending say that IIs are sent through february. the emails are probably more accurate than the websiteWell that hurts 😭 I got a secondary but no II
the emails they’ve been sending say that IIs are sent through february. the emails are probably more accurate than the website
If the website was updated after the emails were sent out, then I feel like the website would hold more recent/accurate information
MissDoctorBae
MD Class of 2028!
I agree, the updated website means updated information. Guess that means no CDU for me. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
I Can definitely be incorrect! That’s just what they had on the site but maybe that was their ideal date and it’s not going as planned
sweet_human
Full Member
Hello! Could I ask which emails you are referring to? I haven't received any besides the Q&A ones (and I interviewed with them in September). Thanks! 🙂the emails they’ve been sending say that IIs are sent through february. the emails are probably more accurate than the website
lovely2025
Full Member
the email confirming that the secondary application was received says that they are sent through february, not sure why there is discrepancy between the emails and the website but that’s just what the emails they sent me sayHello! Could I ask which emails you are referring to? I haven't received any besides the Q&A ones (and I interviewed with them in September). Thanks! 🙂
sweet_human
Full Member
Oh I see now, thanks!the email confirming that the secondary application was received says that they are sent through february, not sure why there is discrepancy between the emails and the website but that’s just what the emails they sent me say
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Yeah that’s true many june 31st email says that from them but maybe someone will report any interview in January or II this month to prove otherwisethe email confirming that the secondary application was received says that they are sent through february, not sure why there is discrepancy between the emails and the website but that’s just what the emails they sent me say