You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nerdthebird
Full Member
I haven't heard anything either, complete AugustAnyone else still not hear anything from Drexel? No hold or rejection or II?
Same!I haven't heard anything either, complete August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does not hearing anything back mean we'll get the R? i'm a bit worried now
Complete July but nothing for me.
same hereComplete July but nothing for me.
For those who have interviewed, what is the policy for sending thank you letters to the faculty and student interviewer? And did you just upload your LOI on the portal after the interview?
complete mid Julyif you don't mind me asking; when were you complete?
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
For people who sent in update/interest/intent letters, who did you address the letter to?
I addressed just the admissions committee in general.
2024app411
Full Member
I was complete early September and have heard nothing just sent an update last week
Any recent decisions?? I feel like they are taking exceptionally long this year
2024app411
Full Member
many schools are a bit delayed because of FAFSA. Accepted students cant make decisions without financial aid offers so they are holding more spots
finessinoganesson
Full Member
Did anyone end up emailing to get an updated decision timeline? Wondering if it’s appropriate to do so given that it’s been 12+ weeks since interviewing
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
12 weeks?? If I’m interviewing in a week should I expect a decision by the end of the cycle [emoji23]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1005927
+1 OOS II (with ties to Philly) just now.
Question about the coursework form - what is COMM and CLIN?
Question about the coursework form - what is COMM and CLIN?
hotcheetoenjoyer
New Member
just received OOS ii - im assuming it's a waitlist interview atp?
Stats/complete for those who just received II?
blazersfan2000
Full Member
II OOS today!
getmeinpls
Full Member
OOS II LM 68 and I just sent in a update letter yesterday morning!
Did you email your update letter to them or upload it to the portal directly? Congrats!!OOS II LM 68 and I just sent in an update letter yesterday morning!
getmeinpls
Full Member
thanks! I submitted to the portalDid you email your update letter to them or upload it to the portal directly? Congrats!!
How soon after the interview did you guys submit your letter of intent or interest?
OOS II Today - Does anyone know how many OOS acceptance offers they give? I see on MSAR they have ~200 OOS matriculants but I was wondering if there was an estimate for how many OOS offers they give.
Was wondering this as well. Best of luck to everyone in this threadjust received OOS ii - im assuming it's a waitlist interview atp?
Matriculants on MSAR say 304OOS II Today - Does anyone know how many OOS acceptance offers they give? I see on MSAR they have ~200 OOS matriculants but I was wondering if there was an estimate for how many OOS offers they give.
Right. They had 304 total matriculants. I am wondering how many offers they give out (specifically to OOS applicants) in order to fill their class.Matriculants on MSAR say 304
Sorry...my bad...Yes, OOS about 200, but you would have to assume they over-accept to get that yield. But I don't think there's anyway to know exactly how many they accept OOS over the 200...Right. They had 304 total matriculants. I am wondering how many offers they give out (specifically to OOS applicants) in order to fill their class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I was thinking the same haha. Thanks!Sorry...my bad...Yes, OOS about 200, but you would have to assume they over-accept to get that yield. But I don't think there's anyway to know exactly how many they accept OOS over the 200...
I think you also have to consider the amount of people who enter the incoming class through their bs/md program and their drexel pathway pipeline program. I think historically though they do send about 800ish acceptance which im assuming close to 1/3 of that is to OOS applicants.Sorry...my bad...Yes, OOS about 200, but you would have to assume they over-accept to get that yield. But I don't think there's anyway to know exactly how many they accept OOS over the 200...
So only 266 acceptances for 1,200 OOS applications? I thought it was close to 50% post-II A rate for OOS.
sorry yea i meant roughly 1/2 of the acceptances. Also does anyone know how many people usually matriculate through the bs/md and drexel pathway program. I think the MSAR and USnews data takes that into account so it might actually be a significantly lower number of acceptances sent out for those applying regularly. Again this is all speculation and I could be wrong.So only 266 acceptances for 1,200 OOS applications? I thought it was close to 50% post-II A rate for OOS.
organiccotton
Full Member
why is this school so slow in releasing decisions post-II? I interviewed 3 months ago and still nothing...
djkandy002
Full Member
OOS A received last week! Interviewed late December, LM 63
OOS A received last week! Interviewed late December, LM 63
Congrats!!!!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
OOS II LM 68 and I just sent in a update letter yesterday morning!
Congratulations, hopefully they send out one more round and I get invited [emoji28]
lobsterroll
Full Member
what was ur exact interview date and what day did you hear back last week?OOS A received last week! Interviewed late December, LM 63
Anyone else interviewing today and waiting for the zoom to start?
Does this school do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything since September.
No and if you read above they are still sending out interview invitations.Does this school do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything since September.
D
deleted1181303
if you interviewed, no, def notdoes drexel do silent defferals or WLs. running on 13 weeks and nothing...
I interviewed today and the admissions team said they rarely give out R's. Mainly A's and WL's.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whiplash72
Full Member
Haven't even considered yet (12 weeks post-interview). Suppose now wouldn't be a bad time to start one lol... unless others objectHow long did you guys wait until you uploaded your LOI for drexel?
Bropro
Full Member
I submitted one about 6 weeks outHow long did you guys wait until you uploaded your LOI for drexel?
I got an email from Drexel on my work email (not my personal email) thanking me for my interest in their graduate (PhD) programs. I think I went to a grad school fair they had reps at nine months ago or something. I'm not sure how they would have found this email otherwise; I haven't used it for any of my med school applications.
I'm over here like "can y'all please just give me an answer already"
I'm over here like "can y'all please just give me an answer already"
Whiplash72
Full Member
IS Deferred (Interview 12/19)