You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Congrats! Interview date?IS A just now!! 09/21 interview
Congrats! Interview date?
09/21! Got the invite on 09/11 I believe
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future Dr. Blatt
Full Member
IS A a couple minutes ago. Let’s goooo!!
interview date?IS A a couple minutes ago. Let’s goooo!!
hamooditired
New Member
OOS A! Interviewed 9/27
Congrats on the As yall! Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I'm an M1 at DUCOM
hopefullyadocsoon
Full Member
Does it look like there have been any As for people who interviewed in October? besides the one yesterday who interviewed on 10/12?
To the people that got As, does your portal show anything different
There’s now an “admissions decision” tab on the portal. I don’t think the status section changed
In-state A! Interviewed 10/4
Congrats everyone!
I'm an MS4 in the midst of residency interviews, if you have any questions about DUCOM feel free to DM me 🙂
I'm an MS4 in the midst of residency interviews, if you have any questions about DUCOM feel free to DM me 🙂
Future Dr. Blatt
Full Member
interview date?
9/20 interview
Foolmeonceshameonyou
Full Member
Unfortunately I think so. Rather unfor
do we think they're done for the day? if your neurotic like me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glickmaster2000
Full Member
IS A!! My first one im so excited 🙂)) Interviewed early october
girlonamission11
Full Member
congrats!! did this come out recently or in the batch around 10 this morning?IS A!! My first one im so excited 🙂)) Interviewed early october
glickmaster2000
Full Member
one this morning ☀️congrats!! did this come out recently or in the batch around 10 this morning?
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
Honestly, it’s hard to say…I think we still have a shot but we just have to wait longer to hear back 😓Do y’all think it’s bad if people who interviewed after us got accepted and we didn’t?
Congrats on everyone for the As! My Drexel ii is on 12/1/23. What is the interview style of this school?
dupuytrenscontracture
Full Member
Congrats on the ii! It’s 2 interviews, one with a faculty member and one was a “group” interview with a current med student and 2 other applicants. Both were super laid back and low stress. Faculty one was open file and student was closed.Congrats on everyone for the As! My Drexel ii is on 12/1/23. What is the interview style of this school?
That's awesome thank you so much! I never had a group interview yet, do you have any advice when it comes to the group interview?Congrats on the ii! It’s 2 interviews, one with a faculty member and one was a “group” interview with a current med student and 2 other applicants. Both were super laid back and low stress. Faculty one was open file and student was closed.
The group interview is with a student interviewer so honestly its low stress. I interacted a lot with the group and included the other interviewee in my responses. Dont take it as competition basically, id say its more to see how well you work in groups.That's awesome thank you so much! I never had a group interview yet, do you have any advice when it comes to the group interview?
Future Dr. Blatt
Full Member
I definitely second this. I feel like the point of the group interview is for the med student to get an idea of how you might fit in with the rest of the med students, so if you can connect with the other students in the group about hobbies, movies, music, etc. then I think it'll leave a good impression. My group talked about cooking tiktoks and working out/going to the gym so the whole interview is super laid back and fun.The group interview is with a student interviewer so honestly its low stress. I interacted a lot with the group and included the other interviewee in my responses. Dont take it as competition basically, id say its more to see how well you work in groups.
For those that have been accepted: did you get a phone call, or just the email?
For those that have been accepted: did you get a phone call, or just the email?
Just an email this year
hopefullyadocsoon
Full Member
i uploaded an interest letter after the interview, there's a spot for it on the portalAnyone remember if during the interview they said they do or don’t accept letters of intent or continued interest?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed9780
Full Member
Interviewed end of September, but haven’t received a decision yet - is it unlikely to expect an A at this point?
hjr_helppppp
Full Member
I've heard they hold acceptances for Drexel, undergrad students until the end. Has anyone who attended Drexel undergrad gotten an acceptance
Interviewed end of September, but haven’t received a decision yet - is it unlikely to expect an A at this point?
I don’t think they’re going in order so I wouldn’t say hope is lost!
premed9780
Full Member
Just got the deferral email, not exactly sure what the difference between that and the waitlist is
Just got the deferral email, not exactly sure what the difference between that and the waitlist is
Same
hopefullyadocsoon
Full Member
when did you interview?
Same
garnmonster
Full Member
Just got the deferral email, not exactly sure what the difference between that and the waitlist is
if i remember correctly, a deferral after interview is their equivalent of a WL? so it’s basically a different name i thinkSame
texascat14
Full Member
if i remember correctly, a deferral after interview is their equivalent of a WL? so it’s basically a different name i think
I was thinking it was like “we need more time to make a decision” so basically a whole lot of nothin
garnmonster
Full Member
per their website it looks like "deferred" is one of three possible decisions after an interview (other ones are A and R). "Applicants on the defer list will be reconsidered at each decision meeting. Starting in mid-April, deferred applicants who have not been admitted or denied will be placed on the waitlist. Applicants considered after this time will be either admitted, waitlisted or denied."I was thinking it was like “we need more time to make a decision” so basically a whole lot of nothin
texascat14
Full Member
per their website it looks like "deferred" is one of three possible decisions after an interview (other ones are A and R). "Applicants on the defer list will be reconsidered at each decision meeting. Starting in mid-April, deferred applicants who have not been admitted or denied will be placed on the waitlist. Applicants considered after this time will be either admitted, waitlisted or denied."
Oooo I see thank you for clearing that up!!
hjr_helppppp
Full Member
do we think they are done for the day??
Any recent II’s here or any Philly triple?
garnmonster
Full Member
philly triple?Any recent II’s here or any Philly triple?
Drexel/Temple/Jeffersonphilly triple?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
deferred, interviewed late Sep
+1deferred, interviewed late Sep
girlonamission11
Full Member
+1deferred, interviewed late Sep
hopefullyadocsoon
Full Member
anyone who interviewed mid to late-october hear back?
garnmonster
Full Member
i interviewed 10/30 and have not heard anything. since they told us 8-10 weeks i’d be surprised if i heard anything before 2024anyone who interviewed mid to late-october hear back?