You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Duke
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS II earlier today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lets goooo!! complete date?OOS II earlier today!
Thx! Complete 7/31lets goooo!! complete date?
Double digit IIs gonna turn into double digit As by March 🐐🐐🐐OOS II earlier today!
Haha you're too kind. I always feel torn on how I do on the interviews, but I'll guess we'll see 🥲. I appreciate the vote of confidence 🙂Double digit IIs gonna turn into double digit As by March 🐐🐐🐐
luckycharms!
Full Member
II just now, so excited 🙂
1969?View attachment 377232
Can’t wait [emoji322][emoji322]
1969?
Ya[emoji23] not sure what happened because I scheduled mine for October. Just a funny glitch I thought I would share
How was it? Was there an open file portion? I am confused on their statement of 2 "traditional interviews" mixed in to all the ethical/video parts.Congrats to everyone who interviewed this week! We made it through 🙂
Duke is my absolute dream school and I have been looking at the format of questions asked in an MMI interview. Some of the questions posted online are complex, like "Is it ethical for doctors to strike? If so, under what conditions?" which could take some time to think through. Is this the usual case in the MMI interviews?
How was it? Was there an open file portion? I am confused on their statement of 2 "traditional interviews" mixed in to all the ethical/video parts.
It’s ten 10 minute stations and 2 of them are regular one-on-one traditional interviews (non-MMI but still only 10 minutes long)
I compiled MMI examples in Becoming a Student Doctor as well as some background situations that could have helped with this question. There is no correct answer, but there are some ways to address the prompt.Duke is my absolute dream school and I have been looking at the format of questions asked in an MMI interview. Some of the questions posted online are complex, like "Is it ethical for doctors to strike? If so, under what conditions?" which could take some time to think through. Is this the usual case in the MMI interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mikeike126
New Member
OOS II, complete 7/7. Is anyone else having an issue signing up for a slot?
Congrats! Your post makes me feel a lot better knowing there are probably many more interviews Duke has to offerOOS II ~1 hour ago, complete 7/20. Interview options were for the week of 10/16
Definitely plenty more! You'll be next 😀Congrats! Your post makes me feel a lot better knowing there are probably many more interviews Duke has to offer
Is anyone else having difficulty finding where to upload the photo and sign the attestations? Does that open 2 days before the interview or are we supposed to do those at least 2 days from the interview?
angryBird23
Full Member
For those of you who interviewed already, what is the structure of the ethical portion of the MMI? Like are we allowed to ask the interviewer follow up questions in response to the prompt, or do we just talk for 8 minutes based off what we read?
Following. I'd also like to hear a little more about its general format. 8 minutes seems like a LOOOONG time if we're supposed to monologueFor those of you who interviewed already, what is the structure of the ethical portion of the MMI? Like are we allowed to ask the interviewer follow up questions in response to the prompt, or do we just talk for 8 minutes based off what we read?
Edited: I can't spell 😀
Honestly bro I don't think we're allowed to give out more info about the process (I know sometimes people still do but...). They will give you a good run through before hand. I would say not to worry too much about this particular matter because the time really does go fast for each station.For those of you who interviewed already, what is the structure of the ethical portion of the MMI? Like are we allowed to ask the interviewer follow up questions in response to the prompt, or do we just talk for 8 minutes based off what we read?
angryBird23
Full Member
Totally understood, I'm just neurotic sorry! also not a bro LOL but that's beside the pointHonestly bro I don't think we're allowed to give out more info about the process (I know sometimes people still do but...). They will give you a good run through before hand. I would say not to worry too much about this particular matter because the time really does go fast for each station.
Mb tend to just call everyone my brosTotally understood, I'm just neurotic sorry! also not a bro LOL but that's beside the point
myaccount123
Full Member
I received an OOS II this afternoon!
anonymouspremed2000
New Member
IS II received today! LM 75. Submitted 8/15
Last edited:
cold_friesMD
Full Member
Congrats! Complete date?I received an OOS II this afternoon!
myaccount123
Full Member
7/23Congrats! Complete date?
OOS II received!! Happy about this one. Complete 7/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview options were October 30-Nov 1 and I sent an update letter with a short statement of interest yesterday morning (for transparency).
What kind of things have you been including in your updates?Interview options were October 30-Nov 1 and I sent an update letter with a short statement of interest yesterday morning (for transparency).
What cant this man do 😮💨OOS II received!! Happy about this one. Complete 7/6
D
deleted1139705
Eat toast without butter.What cant this man do 😮💨
Okay so my update was pretty low-impact tbh. I included a new research project I am on, a new legal case I took on for a volunteer position I am in, and my LSAT score that came out (interested in their MD/JD). No new pubs or anything.
Here is the deal. I will be honest (at risk of doxxing myself). I went to a conference last week and met a Duke faculty who does research in a niche topic (same topic I started that new project in) and we hit it off. He sent the admissions deans a note yesterday saying some nice things about me. I timed my update to hit simultaneously and mentioned the new research as one of the reasons why I want to come to Duke and work with him specifically.
Again just wanna be transparent with yall. Not sure how much help any updates letters from others will do if they are a bit weaker like mine was (i.e. not new pubs or awards or something which is what I have heard really matters in update letters to swing the coins your way). I had lots of added context to mine so keep that in mind before sending them something. Not saying don't send an update if its non-pub/award stuff, but something to consider. I just don't want to inspire a massive wave of update letters that, in most situations, will just be extra work for yourselves and might not even get read! I got extremely lucky, and I want to be clear that I think the email was the contributing factor and probably NOT my update. But who knows
Hope that helps!
DukeMed folks, if you're reading this I'm very excited to interview on Halloween!
Here is the deal. I will be honest (at risk of doxxing myself). I went to a conference last week and met a Duke faculty who does research in a niche topic (same topic I started that new project in) and we hit it off. He sent the admissions deans a note yesterday saying some nice things about me. I timed my update to hit simultaneously and mentioned the new research as one of the reasons why I want to come to Duke and work with him specifically.
Again just wanna be transparent with yall. Not sure how much help any updates letters from others will do if they are a bit weaker like mine was (i.e. not new pubs or awards or something which is what I have heard really matters in update letters to swing the coins your way). I had lots of added context to mine so keep that in mind before sending them something. Not saying don't send an update if its non-pub/award stuff, but something to consider. I just don't want to inspire a massive wave of update letters that, in most situations, will just be extra work for yourselves and might not even get read! I got extremely lucky, and I want to be clear that I think the email was the contributing factor and probably NOT my update. But who knows
Hope that helps!
DukeMed folks, if you're reading this I'm very excited to interview on Halloween!
Last edited:
The Top Dawg™️ strikes again 🔥🔥🐐🐐OOS II received!! Happy about this one. Complete 7/6
🐐🐐🐐OOS II received!! Happy about this one. Complete 7/6
I have a typo in my update letter!! instead of "am" I wrote "and" what do I do?? Send another one that says "corrected update letter" or hope they read over it. Crying 🙁 I know this is so minor but Duke is my dream school and I hope they don't think I'm incompetent
what do I do??I have a typo in my update letter!! instead of "am" I wrote "and" what do I do?? Send another one that says "corrected update letter" or hope they read over it. Crying 🙁
Stop crying @parmesan, chances are they will skim over the update like you did when proofreading.
D
deleted1139705
I sent an update letter. It was three pages of “please please please” with a picture of me crying. Hope it works!
cant wait for them to send me an email with a wiki how on writing in English lolI sent an update letter. It was three pages of “please please please” with a picture of me crying. Hope it works!
wannabecomedian
Full Member
duke is my top choice and i was toying with the idea of sending an interest letter, and specifically talk about their MD/MALS degree and research year. i don't really have any significant updates and i also used the additional essay on the secondary as a why duke essay, so i'm worried the LOI will sound repetitive. anyone have any advice? should i just wait it out? feeling discouraged want an II from here so badly 🙁
I wouldn't send the letter as you're describing it. Also keep in mind they're scheduling only out the next two weeks. Plenty of time left!!duke is my top choice and i was toying with the idea of sending an interest letter, and specifically talk about their MD/MALS degree and research year. i don't really have any significant updates and i also used the additional essay on the secondary as a why duke essay, so i'm worried the LOI will sound repetitive. anyone have any advice? should i just wait it out? feeling discouraged want an II from here so badly 🙁
SCG3212
Full Member
Every head must bow, every tongue must confess..this is the greatest of all time.OOS II received!! Happy about this one. Complete 7/6
*Top GThe Top Dawg™️ strikes again 🔥🔥🐐🐐
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FR, man is going 20/20 on T20 InvitesEvery head must bow, every tongue must confess..this is the greatest of all time.
ACKjp
Full Member
Sankey is gonna go crazyFR, man is going 20/20 on T20 Invites
I said months ago that he was collecting them like infinity stones, bro probably can fill 3 gauntlets nowFR, man is going 20/20 on T20 Invites
D
deleted1139705
All of you guys on SDN are completely cracked. Like it's an honor to interview at the same places as some of y'all.Every head must bow, every tongue must confess..this is the greatest of all time.
misterslack
Full Member
OOS II!! complete 7/26