2023-2024 Duke

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey y'all, anyone know if the sunday interview sessions are business prof attire? or is that just for mmi day? the confirmation email kinda implies the latter but wanted to double check 🙂
 
hey y'all, anyone know if the sunday interview sessions are business prof attire? or is that just for mmi day? the confirmation email kinda implies the latter but wanted to double check 🙂
I was wondering the same thing. SDN threads from previous years make it seem like it’s business casual, but the interview confirmation email is less clear… I wonder if we’ll get more information later in the week.
 
Hi! Does anyone know if sending a pre-II update letter sharing that 2 abstracts were accepted to a national conference would be advisable? Or is it only limited to publications?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Does Duke typically like post-interview (but pre-decision) letters of update/interest/intent? I'm considering sending one. Thanks!
I'd say you can/should send meaningful updates, especially if you have something like a publication - I know more about the overall process than specifically whether they like update letters prior to interview, but they will see what you attach to your application.

Edit: woops this said post-interview, my bad. Just FYI for anyone else, there was a time period post-interview during which you were able to update via the portal and then not anymore. Past this window, I tried to post-interview update via admissions email at some point in the cycle and was told the committee had already met on my app, but that they could add the letter to my file anyway.

As for 'liking' update letters I asked and was told the committee will see and review update letters along with the rest of the application and so all the information will be taken into account. Not a requirement by any means to send something post-interview, but if you have something to add then go for it!
 
Last edited:
Is it worth sending a post-interview update/ letter of interest explaining why I'm specifically interested in Duke? I felt like I didn't get the chance to talk about Why Duke? in my interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IIs are sent through January—historically they've been sent into late January, but their MD admissions timeline this year specifically says early January. What "early" means in terms of actual dates is uncertain.

Rejections are sent in Feb
In their email when the secondary was sent it says "Our first interview date is tentatively scheduled for September 11, 2023 and at this time our last interview date is tentatively scheduled for January 25, 2024" so two weeks before Jan 25th
 
wait whattttt I think if I make my LOI to be like an update plus interest it would be okay?

Edit: PURR if toasted butter liked it I'm uploading it. They can only reject me once might as well try everything
That sounds good! I thought you were talking about a letter of intent, and I think they don't care for those. Good luck 🙂
 
Just wanted to clarify what admissions spoke on during interview day, but are all interview decisions are going to be rendered in late Feb? whether its A/WL/R?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they done giving IIs?
they said in my interview that they're still sending interviews out until mid-january! They also said that a large chunk of acceptances will be coming during february--more specifically, dr. yee said earliest, sending out feb 16th (ish), and latest feb 23rd. he said most likely the week of feb 18th will be when we could expect acceptances. also for context I interviewed dec. 5th, so idk if that's just for my december batch or overall