You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
druidcookie
Full Member
IS II ! Complete 8/7
OOS II complete 7/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II complete 8/3 LM 75.5 no ties
oos II yesterday!! (first one man feels good) completed 8/29 LM 68 no ties
has anyone else had a delay between submitting and getting the complete email?Just got the complete email. Submitted 9/1.
Mind sharing stats and EC strength? I’m around here and interested here.oos II yesterday!! (first one man feels good) completed 8/29 LM 68 no ties
17 day turnaround between submission and completion for mehas anyone else had a delay between submitting and getting the complete email?
Yep, 4 day delay for mehas anyone else had a delay between submitting and getting the complete email?
tbh not really sure about EC strength but my narrative and activities are driven around community health and underserved populationsMind sharing stats and EC strength? I’m around here and interested here.
dotsquared
Full Member
Sorry to hear that. Can I ask your submission date?OOS Pre Secondary R this morning
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1124957
Pre-secondary RSorry to hear that. Can I ask your completion date?
dotsquared
Full Member
Thanks! I meant primary submission date!Pre-secondary R
Primary app submitted 1st day but I didn’t add this school to my list until 7/31Thanks! I meant primary submission date!
anyone know when theyre going to send interview details? They sort of mentioned on the phone but it felt vague lol
Is it a good sign to have gotten a secondary from here? I haven’t been marked complete yet so I know I’m super late and worried.
Same here. I did read on sdn that apparently EVMS is one of the few schools that screened for secondaries but idk how true that is?Is it a good sign to have gotten a secondary from here? I haven’t been marked complete yet so I know I’m super late and worried.
They do screen! I didn’t get one and in the email they sent me it said the committee reviewed my application and decided not to send me a secondary so if you got one def fill it out!Same here. I did read on sdn that apparently EVMS is one of the few schools that screened for secondaries but idk how true that is?
D
deleted1167714
Do we get a confirmation email that we submitted the secondary after submitting?
Oh I did not know that do you know why they do so? Is it based on grades or like regional fit as well? I am in the Northeast so idk if that played a role with GPA/MCAT in their OOS medians. I just hope the screening doesn’t take too long until like October.They do screen! I didn’t get one and in the email they sent me it said the committee reviewed my application and decided not to send me a secondary so if you got one def fill it out!
I’m sure they mention on their website! Every school is looking for a particular kind of student and to build a particular kind of class so who knows!Oh I did not know that do you know why they do so? Is it based on grades or like regional fit as well? I am in the Northeast so idk if that played a role with GPA/MCAT in their OOS medians. I just hope the screening doesn’t take too long until like October.
DM'edanyone know when theyre going to send interview details? They sort of mentioned on the phone but it felt vague lol
"to fulfill our secondary requirement you must submit three individual letters: two of which must be from a natural and/or physical sciences faculty, this includes neuroscience and research faculty. The other letter can be from non-science faculty (courses in mathematics will be considered a non-science letter)."
Does the non-science faculty refer to a professor who taught you a class? Or can it be a physician or psychologist.
Does the non-science faculty refer to a professor who taught you a class? Or can it be a physician or psychologist.
AspiringDoctorTKD
Full Member
Did you get an II over the phone?anyone know when theyre going to send interview details? They sort of mentioned on the phone but it felt vague lol
email II. Schedule via phone number they provide.Did you get an II over the phone?
I interpreted it as specifically teacher since it says "faculty" and just sent a LOR from my English prof. I used my physician LOR as an additional one. You can contact them though to double check."to fulfill our secondary requirement you must submit three individual letters: two of which must be from a natural and/or physical sciences faculty, this includes neuroscience and research faculty. The other letter can be from non-science faculty (courses in mathematics will be considered a non-science letter)."
Does the non-science faculty refer to a professor who taught you a class? Or can it be a physician or psychologist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS pre-II R. Completed 8/2
OOS II! Complete 8/8
Anyone have any feedback on the interview? It would be very much appreciated.
First SDN post! Just had my interview today. The virtual session beforehand was very helpful in getting a feel for the academic curriculum (really fun immersive/virtual SIM Center experience), community engagement learning projects (everyone put a huge emphasis on this), and being able to connect with current students.
My interview:
My interview:
- Lasted the full 45 minutes, very conversational
- Standard 5 questions (all of which were some variation from the ones listed on the Interview Feedback Page - i.e. ethical issues, healthcare issues, what I do in my free time, why medicine vs. engineering etc.). If you haven't looked at those yet, hiiiiighly suggest!
- My interviewers seemed to enjoy my personal experiences and even asked follow-up questions about them (Would suggest having some quick stories/concrete examples to share to supplement your answer)
- Overall, everyone was very friendly, welcoming, and seemed genuinely excited to meet us, interviewees. If you haven't already checked, MCAThiccy made a more detailed post in last year's page. (Page 6)
D
deleted1173158
IS II yesterday. Completed late August.
How long did it take for you guys to receive the complete email? Still waiting for that lol same for VCOM lol idk why the VA schools taking so long to screen
Nevermind I finally got it today lolHow long did it take for you guys to receive the complete email? Still waiting for that lol same for VCOM lol idk why the VA schools taking so long to screen
sifuhotmen
Full Member
is the complete email different from the supplemental application received? Cause i submitted early august and still haven't gotten the complete email
McApple
Full Member
+1is the complete email different from the supplemental application received? Cause i submitted early august and still haven't gotten the complete email
I’m not sure but maybe that is the complete email? I never got a “supplemental application received” email only got one with the subject line “Application complete” like 2 weeks after getting in the secondary and paying the fee.is the complete email different from the supplemental application received? Cause i submitted early august and still haven't gotten the complete email
druidcookie
Full Member
Did y'all who interviewed already send thank you notes, and if so, how did you send them?
I don't remember the specifics, but something was mentioned about thank you notes after interviews during last Wednesday's conference. I believe they prefer virtual thank you notes, but I would have someone else confirm before sending anything out.Did y'all who interviewed already send thank you notes, and if so, how did you send them?
Did y'all who interviewed already send thank you notes, and if so, how did you send them?
I sent one email with individual attachments for my thank you notes. They were specific on how to format the attachments.
Email: [email protected]
Attachments: Only PDF/Word Docs titled "Last name, First Name AMCAS ID"
Ex. Doe, John 123456.pdf
If you have multiple attachments, maybe add a number or something to differentiate each one,
Ex. Doe, John 123456 - 1.pdf
Hope that helps!
Last edited:
Are they still sending out secondaries, added them sept 22nd? OOS LM 64
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scullybythesword
Full Member
Hey so for the organic chemistry lab requirement. Did everyone have 2 semesters of orgo lab or 1 sem orgo lab + 1 sem biochem lab? I meet the 2 credits requirements but I only took one orgo lab as that's all my university offered. Any insight from anyone?
I took two orgo semesters with lab and one biochemHey so for the organic chemistry lab requirement. Did everyone have 2 semesters of orgo lab or 1 sem orgo lab + 1 sem biochem lab? I meet the 2 credits requirements but I only took one orgo lab as that's all my university offered. Any insight from anyone?
It may take like a week or two to get them because they screen for secondaries apparently. They should though because you added them before primary app deadline.Are they still sending out secondaries, added them sept 22nd? OOS LM 64
hmmm I randomly decided to apply to this school after I saw a tiktok of someone getting accepted and did some research and ended up liking the school. Added it to amcas and got secondary request late September, is it worth applying? I decided not to after becase im from west coast and mainly applying there but seeing some post saying if you got a secondary to apply. just prettyyyyy late
Just do it id say no harm in trying. People who apply Oct can still get accepted.hmmm I randomly decided to apply to this school after I saw a tiktok of someone getting accepted and did some research and ended up liking the school. Added it to amcas and got secondary request late September, is it worth applying? I decided not to after becase im from west coast and mainly applying there but seeing some post saying if you got a secondary to apply. just prettyyyyy late