You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I thought it was stats based and/or regional fit? Mainly because I got the secondary the day my app got verified. I am OOS but in the northeast and at their LM as well but not sure if any current students know?how selective is their screening process for the secondary? is it just a gpa/mcat screen or they actually look for mission fit?
Not regional fit. EVMS accepts students from all over the map. I personally know students there from Texas, Utah, California, Illinois, etc. It's mostly gpa/MCAT screen, but they also screen for clinical & community service hours.I thought it was stats based and/or regional fit? Mainly because I got the secondary the day my app got verified. I am OOS but in the northeast and at their LM as well but not sure if any current students know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!! I’ll add it to my to do listJust do it id say no harm in trying. People who apply Oct can still get accepted.
BeepBoop129
New Member
Add [email protected] to your contact list/address book if you're waiting on an II. My II went to junk mail and they only give you 3 business days to respond. Got an e-mail saying my app was withdrawn from the pool due to no response.
I hope they are able to resolve this for you. Thank you for the heads upAdd [email protected] to your contact list/address book if you're waiting on an II. My II went to junk mail and they only give you 3 business days to respond. Got an e-mail saying my app was withdrawn from the pool due to no response.
When did you add it to AMCAS? I added it maybe a week ago but not sure how long they take to screen & give a secondaryhmmm I randomly decided to apply to this school after I saw a tiktok of someone getting accepted and did some research and ended up liking the school. Added it to amcas and got secondary request late September, is it worth applying? I decided not to after becase im from west coast and mainly applying there but seeing some post saying if you got a secondary to apply. just prettyyyyy late
Notaspice
Full Member
2 days until the general pool should start getting decisions according to their website for anyone who's already interviewed.
Applicants applying through the Early Decision Program (EDP) are notified as soon as possible but no later than Oct. 1. General pool applicants are notified on a rolling basis beginning Oct. 15.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
can they come out with decisions on weekends?
Notaspice
Full Member
Forum from last year had someone receive an acceptance on a Sunday (albeit it was October 30th, I didn't see an earlier acceptance post unless I'm blind).can they come out with decisions on weekends?
I added it to amcas sep 6 and got secondary request sep 12When did you add it to AMCAS? I added it maybe a week ago but not sure how long they take to screen & give a secondary
Last edited:
I haven't done it before, but how long should we wait it out before possibly asking them? Not sure if we should be asking them to begin withI added it to am as sep 6 and got secondary request sep 12
What does it mean if we haven’t heard about A but early sep II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in all honesty, nothing. since no one else has reported A's for EVMS, I would assume they are not done making decisions on acceptances yet.What does it mean if we haven’t heard about A but early sep II
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
anyone know if they accept application update letters?
According to one of my interviewers, yes. Especially if you have any significant updates.anyone know if they accept application update letters?
You have nothing to lose by askingJust saw that the deadline for their secondary is Nov 1. If we haven't already received a secondary, would it help at all to contact Admissions abt it?
guava-isoniazid
Full Member
According to one of my interviewers, yes. Especially if you have any significant updates.
Can we submit updates through the secondary app or is it through email?
Email the admissions office. ([email protected]) The EVMS secondary is pretty bare-bones, and I don't think there is a place to submit additional materials unless I am missing it.Can we submit updates through the secondary app or is it through email?
CONGRATULATIONS! Perfect to hear back on a Friday too!OOS A just a few minutes ago! It's a little unreal
Small question, but was it via email or phone?
HarryStyles<3
Full Member
Just got the A this morning! IS
Notaspice
Full Member
Thanks! I got 2 separate emails, one inviting me to take the next step with my application and another with the actual interview decision.CONGRATULATIONS! Perfect to hear back on a Friday too!
Small question, but was it via email or phone?
OOS A yesterday!!! Interview was on Sept 13th.
OOS waitlisted yesterday; interviewed 9/22
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. Remember, this school takes people off the waitlist throughout the cycle, not only in April, May, and JuneIs it safe to assume if we didn't hear anything friday that we were waitlisted? (Interviewed 9/20)
I also wouldn't jump the gun until you actually hear back from the school. Never know what is going on behind the scenes after an interview.Is it safe to assume if we didn't hear anything friday that we were waitlisted? (Interviewed 9/20)
superswimmer796
New Member
Hey, chin up! no news= good newsIs it safe to assume if we didn't hear anything friday that we were waitlisted? (Interviewed 9/20)
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
when did you guys get the link for your interview? They scheduled mine over the phone (since apparently someone dropped out) for this Friday, but I haven't received any emails yet.
Link for the actual interview comes 1 day before. If you have not received the "Reminder of Interview and Zoom Conference" email yet, I would definitely call/email them tomorrow and ask for that, as it has the Zoom Conference link held on Wednesdays.when did you guys get the link for your interview? They scheduled mine over the phone (since apparently someone dropped out) for this Friday, but I haven't received any emails yet.
goodfornothingpremed
Full Member
Is it okay if I attend the Zoom Conference a week or two after, or is it recommended to attend the one before your actual interview? I have an event this Wednesday, and I really don't want to miss it.. Also, did they say how long after an interview we can expect a decision?Link for the actual interview comes 1 day before. If you have not received the "Reminder of Interview and Zoom Conference" email yet, I would definitely call/email them tomorrow and ask for that, as it has the Zoom Conference link held on Wednesdays.
I was worried the same thing, but the interview questions can easily be answered without attending the conference before the sessionIs it okay if I attend the Zoom Conference a week or two after, or is it recommended to attend the one before your actual interview? I have an event this Wednesday, and I really don't want to miss it.. Also, did they say how long after an interview we can expect a decision?
jellybeann123
Full Member
OOS II, strong ties
citylights
Full Member
Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back
Hoping the same. Interviewed 10/6.Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back
druidcookie
Full Member
I sure hope so. iirc they said there would be a 3-4 week turnaround time during the info session. I interviewed on 9/29 and hit the 4 week mark tomorrow 🙄Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back
I sure hope so. iirc they said there would be a 3-4 week turnaround time during the info session. I interviewed on 9/29 and hit the 4 week mark tomorrow 🙄
Hoping the same. Interviewed 10/6.
Sorry if this post is obsessive, but I went ahead and looked at some of past years trends in Acceptances/Waitlist to hopefully inform y'all (and myself) on when to expect to hear back.Do we think they'll release more decisions this Friday? Interviewed 9/27 and still haven't heard back
Note: EVMS tends to send out A's in one day, then WL soon after. There is heavy WL movement, usually starting in December, especially among top tiers.
2022-2023 Year
2 A's from Sept. interview reported Nov. 1
4 WL from Sept. interview reported Nov. 4 (2/4 eventually received A)
5 WL from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 16 (no reported A)
8 WL from Oct. and Nov. interview reported Nov. 30 (6/8 eventually received A)
2021-2022 Year
6 A's from Sept. interview reported Oct. 29
5 WL from Sept. interview reported Nov. 1 (1/5 eventually received A)
2 A's from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 12
6 WL from Sept. and Oct. interview reported Nov. 16
McApple
Full Member
+1Does EVMS do silent Rs? Complete early August and no comm re: II or rejection…anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does EVMS do silent Rs? Complete early August and no comm re: II or rejection…anyone else?
From scouring the prior years threads, they only seem to send out Pre-secondary R's, but nothing for pre-II. However, I wouldn't lose hope yet, as I have seen a handful of II from August applicants reaching into January.
jellybeann123
Full Member
For those who have interviewed already, what time were the admissions information sessions/events on the Wednesday of interview week?
10:00am estFor those who have interviewed already, what time were the admissions information sessions/events on the Wednesday of interview week?
jellybeann123
Full Member
Thank you! How long do the sessions last?10:00am est