2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone from 11/10 interview/an interview from around that time heard back yet? Eagerly awaiting a decision!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Adult Swim Help GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my interview with EVMS this week, I just want to say that this was THE BEST interview experience I've had. Genuinely interested and kind people, who truly seem to want to get to know you as a person. So if your interview is coming up, please do not be nervous and enjoy your conversation!
Best part about the interview was that it was only a 30 minute time commitment!
 
Has anyone gotten the Certiphi request yet? The personalized website page mentions that they should have started going out by the end of December.
 
I am still waiting for my post II response from the school. It has been over 6 weeks since my interview in early November. Why is it taking so long to make a decision?
 
I am still waiting for my post II response from the school. It has been over 6 weeks since my interview in early November. Why is it taking so long to make a decision?
Same -- looking at past yr threads, the early/late Nov ones got their decision late January
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed that people with the same interview date had already received responses before the holidays. 🙁
 
I noticed that people with the same interview date had already received responses before the holidays. 🙁
I made an account just to let you know I'm in the same boat as you, and I appreciate your posts as I worry the same way haha. I was interviewed in the middle of Nov and I've had complete radio silence since then. Depending on how they work through the applicants, it may be better to hear back from them later though. I'm sure we'll hear back soon enough and I'll let you know when I do! I hope that gives you some peace of mind
 
I made an account just to let you know I'm in the same boat as you, and I appreciate your posts as I worry the same way haha. I was interviewed in the middle of Nov and I've had complete radio silence since then. Depending on how they work through the applicants, it may be better to hear back from them later though. I'm sure we'll hear back soon enough and I'll let you know when I do! I hope that gives you some peace of mind
Thanks! Hopefully, good news is on the way!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. My 4th WL fml. Praying one of these converts to an A.

Scared Old Woman GIF

Gif unrelated.
Don't lose hope yet!

Looking at the excel sheet I made, 14 out of the 23 students that were accepted off of waitlist were accepted between April and June of that cycle.

See below for more info about the waitlist stats. Reply with any further questions.

100% agree.

CONCERNING WAITLIST STATISTICS (2022-2023):
note 1: There is no "low-tier" waitlist. No one has ever reported it, and it doesn't seem to exist.
note 2: There were only 6 straight acceptances (A) reported and 62 waitlists (WL). Do not be discouraged by a WL. Especially this early
note 3: Being put on "HOLD" is not a death sentence, but it really reduces chances of getting accepted (only 2/15 were eventually accepted).

MSAR stats (reported from EVMS):
75 out of 200 WL (37.5%) students accepted



Distributions of the reported WL:
13 "top" tier
38 "mid" tier
11 unreported tiers
62 total


Acceptance percentages for given WL brackets:
52.8% (7/13) "top" tier accepted
31.5% (12/38) "mid" tier accepted
4/11 unreported accepted
37% (23/62) total accepted

Average turnaround from WL:
~80% usually get accepted from WL within 30 days
other 20% get accepted from WL within 40-130 days

Conclusions:
EVMS' reported stats appear to be accurate. Not all students report their results on SDN, and most straight-accepted students don't appear to.

Again, WL here is not at all a death sentence. Keep doing you, and send an update letter/letter of intent 100%.

"top" tier and "mid" tier seem to have mild differences in acceptance rates, but getting placed in either bracket neither guarantees nor prevents getting an acceptance.

GETTING A WL THIS EARLY IS A GREAT SIGN! 10 out of the 23 reported WL-->A people were from November WL!