You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Eastern Virginia
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Happisquirrell
Full Member
Congrats! When were you complete?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! 9/27Congrats! When were you complete?
D
deleted1124957
MSARWhat GPA and MCAT score are needed to get into EVMS? can anyone share
IS II Just now. I will be withdrawing so hoping one of y'all gets the slot!
chipeachi
Full Member
Hi! When were you complete?IS II Just now. I will be withdrawing so hoping one of y'all gets the slot!
Early AugustHi! When were you complete?
Has anyone who interviewed in early December heard back?
I interviewed the first week of Dec and heard back last week
If you don’t mind me asking, what’d they say?I interviewed the first week of Dec and heard back last week
If you don’t mind me asking, what’d they say?
I got waitlisted
uraveragepremeduser
New Member
For those who were waitlisted, how long does it take to hear back (if at all)? For reference, I interviewed 11/8 and got my WL decision in mid-December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
berthaalethea
Full Member
Those with II, did you get an email?
spaghettimaster69
Full Member
They only contact you through email. There is no portal communication
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
Withdrew earlier. Hope the seat goes to one of yall!OOS A email this morning!
Timeline:
2° Received 7/31; 2° Submitted 8/6; App Complete 8/10; II 10/31; IA 11/17; A 1/8
IS II received earlier this month, will be interviewing soon!
citylights
Full Member
Has there been any recent WL movement?
supa_sama123
Full Member
i got an interview invite for this wednesday like 2 hours ago, i responded as soon as i saw it but I got a response to that saying that "The spot is now filled, but we will add you to a future invitation list."
has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it
has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it
This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen this cycle. Having applicants fight over a first come first served interview invitation is wild!i got an interview invite for this wednesday like 2 hours ago, i responded as soon as i saw it but I got a response to that saying that "The spot is now filled, but we will add you to a future invitation list."
has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it
Yes, they move very quickly for interview spotsi got an interview invite for this wednesday like 2 hours ago, i responded as soon as i saw it but I got a response to that saying that "The spot is now filled, but we will add you to a future invitation list."
has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it
EVMS: please allow us 5 months to decide if we want to invite you to interviewYes, they move very quickly for interview spots
Also EVMS, 5 minutes after inviting you to said interview:
Anyone who interviewed dec 13 or 15 hear back yet?
Hey all, EVMS med student here. Here is the Facebook group for accepted students of EVMS MD 2028! If you have any questions, feel free to DM me/post on this thread and I'll get back to you. I honestly love it here – it's a great school for many reasons, and the city of Norfolk is a fun place to live too. Regardless of where you end up, good luck! I am wishing everyone the best. Truly. 🙂
Facebook
www.facebook.com
EVMS: please allow us 5 months to decide if we want to invite you to interview
Also EVMS, 5 minutes after inviting you to said interview:
Bruh this is a violation. My man, this is one of the few SDN posts I legitimately laughed at....good times
For any of y'all WLers, does an update make a difference with moving you up on the list? Does it move the needle at all?
I believe they mentioned at the zoom conference that WL "ranking" is purely based on statistics. However, I believe sending an update/LOI is only going to improve your odds of getting an A.Bruh this is a violation. My man, this is one of the few SDN posts I legitimately laughed at....good times
For any of y'all WLers, does an update make a difference with moving you up on the list? Does it move the needle at all?
WL today 🙁, top tier oosAnyone who interviewed dec 13 or 15 hear back yet?
Last edited:
Statistics as in our interview score? Also, which zoom conference was this at? The interview itself?I believe they mentioned at the zoom conference that WL "ranking" is purely based on statistics. However, I believe sending an update/LOI is only going to improve your odds of getting an A.
Also, I saw your earlier post from the 22-23 cycle. Just curious if you know if they take mid tiered WLers before top tiered ones? Seems like not all top tier WLers got an A yet some mid tier ones did. Maybe it's a lack of reporting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a WL mid tier. Im OOS URM. Does anyone know how the WL moves for out of staters?
Edit:
I personally think this interview went bad for me. I left not feeling happy about my performance. Honestly not expecting much.
Edit:
I personally think this interview went bad for me. I left not feeling happy about my performance. Honestly not expecting much.
When should I send an update letter, should I send it with my email asking about my WL tier or like a week after?
OOS WL top tier. Not giving up hope yet 🙂
is there an accepted group me
Last edited:
There's an accepted students GroupMe in the EVMS 2028 Facebook page! DM if you don't have a Facebook and I'll send you the link privately.is there an accepted group me
Statistics as in MCAT and GPA if I remember correctly.Statistics as in our interview score? Also, which zoom conference was this at? The interview itself?
Also, I saw your earlier post from the 22-23 cycle. Just curious if you know if they take mid tiered WLers before top tiered ones? Seems like not all top tier WLers got an A yet some mid tier ones did. Maybe it's a lack of reporting
Zoom conference is referring to the Wednesday meeting before your interview with the Assistant Vice Dean of Admissions and Enrollment (AE) and the EVMS Community Members. I believe they hold them every week, so you don't necessarily need to attend the one from the same week as your interview.
They do not accept top tier waitlists first. The tier is just based on your MCAT and GPA, and does not consider your interview nor application as a whole nor your fit to EVMS directly. I know one student who was top tier last season and never accepted, but after receiving "mid tier" this season they were accepted.
Anecdotally (it was tough to quantify IS vs OOS acceptance rates), people tend to say OOS have better chances of WL movement. Don't lose hope yet! WL movement is the cornerstone of EVMS' incoming class, and many "mid tier" students eventually get the A.Just got a WL mid tier. Im OOS URM. Does anyone know how the WL moves for out of staters?
Edit:
I personally think this interview went bad for me. I left not feeling happy about my performance. Honestly not expecting much.
EVMS gotta be unique with their waitlist structure, don't theyStatistics as in MCAT and GPA if I remember correctly.
Zoom conference is referring to the Wednesday meeting before your interview with the Assistant Vice Dean of Admissions and Enrollment (AE) and the EVMS Community Members. I believe they hold them every week, so you don't necessarily need to attend the one from the same week as your interview.
They do not accept top tier waitlists first. The tier is just based on your MCAT and GPA, and does not consider your interview nor application as a whole nor your fit to EVMS directly. I know one student who was top tier last season and never accepted, but after receiving "mid tier" this season they were accepted.
They'll pull a quick one on you, even if you get top tier
Jk jk
Congrats! Good luck. When are they scheduling out to?OOS II just now
CharlieG
New Member
They had options for mid FebCongrats! Good luck. When are they scheduling out to?
spaghettimaster69
Full Member
Congrats!IS II this morning
For anyone that scheduled interviews, can you confirm they don't give email confirmation for scheduled interview? They only give some emails 1 week prior to interview?
Also any advice from accepted applicants? What does EVMS really look for?
You're correct, no email confirmation, but they give you a reminder email one week before the interview.
For prep, look at the SDN page for EVMS and read up on ethics: Ethics in Medicine | UW Department of Bioethics & Humanities. You should be familiar with every point on that website.
EVMS has a complete virtual tour on their website.
bruhhhh0407
New Member
damn its been quiet in terms of acceptances
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spaghettimaster69
Full Member
Respond to what? Do you mean II or the actual interview?How long after II do they typically respond?
My son received an OOS 2 invitation to interview today. We were surprised at this late date but very happy to hear.
spaghettimaster69
Full Member
parents on SDN is crazy hahhahMy son received an OOS 2 invitation to interview today. We were surprised at this late date but very happy to hear.
My other son is already in med school. I learned a lot off of this website from the posts and my son didn't participate and felt that I should return the favor if I had some useable information. Is there a problem with that?parents on SDN is crazy hahhah
Also I've read hundreds of parent's posts and they've usually contained interesting updates. Was it too hard for you to just move past the post?parents on SDN is crazy hahhah