You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Did rejections go out yet? Got an email a few months ago that my app was being reviewed and they wanted to update me but haven't heard a thing since :/
My friend got an interview here in May. He had a lease in south jersey for rowan osteopathic but then got accepted here mid May lol.Did rejections go out yet? Got an email a few months ago that my app was being reviewed and they wanted to update me but haven't heard a thing since :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that they generally don't send rejections until later compared to other schoolsDid rejections go out yet? Got an email a few months ago that my app was being reviewed and they wanted to update me but haven't heard a thing since :/
i think there's been like a total of 3 A's in this entire thread LOLAny recent As :/?
Yeah I was hoping to maybe prompt a lurker or someone who forgot to say :/ had an interview yesterday and I think I’ll hear back from them before Hackensack loli think there's been like a total of 3 A's in this entire thread LOL
aspiringmed23
Full Member
my good friend got in here like the day of orientation LOL
wow thats a really quick turnaround. do you know when they interviewed?my good friend got in here like the day of orientation LOL
aspiringmed23
Full Member
I think she interviewed like Nov or December but she was waitlisted and then got off of the waitlist like right at the endwow thats a really quick turnaround. do you know when they interviewed?
D
deleted1130343
Aren’t their residencies currently filled with DOs and Caribbean grads? Not that there’s anything wrong with that but this statement from the admin is funny to me. Also I think most students don’t want to stay at Hackensack for residency anyway.here's a screenshot I have of the post, I don't have any of the comments thoughView attachment 379969
where did you hear this?Aren’t their residencies currently filled with DOs and Caribbean grads? Not that there’s anything wrong with that but this statement from the admin is funny to me. Also I think most students don’t want to stay at Hackensack for residency anyway.
Aren’t their residencies currently filled with DOs and Caribbean grads? Not that there’s anything wrong with that but this statement from the admin is funny to me. Also I think most students don’t want to stay at Hackensack for residency anyway.
PSA saying “not that there’s anything wrong with that” after a condescending statement doesn’t make it not condescending. Not sure what you’re implying, but DOs and Caribbean grads will likely be your future colleagues. A lot more goes into residency selection than just your med school.
Its not even true. Hackensack is the premier hospital in NJPSA saying “not that there’s anything wrong with that” after a condescending statement doesn’t make it not condescending. Not sure what you’re implying, but DOs and Caribbean grads will likely be your future colleagues. A lot more goes into residency selection than just your med school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Any recent acceptances?
when were you accepted?Is there an accepted students facebook or groupme for hackensack?
Thomas R
Full Member
Mid October, in state, LM sub 68 ORM.when were you accepted?
Wow, how early did you interview?Mid October, in state, LM sub 68 ORM.
soontoBdoctor
New Member
Around 9am!Congrats!!! What time did you get the call
D
deleted929944
Mid October, in state, LM sub 68 ORM.
Hmm... absent extraordinary circumstances, Mid-Oct acceptance date is unlikely.
dotsquared
Full Member
They also said on MSAR that they release first acceptances on 10/31, not mid OctoberHmm... absent extraordinary circumstances, Mid-Oct acceptance date is unlikely.
Makes sense. MSAR is updated for 2 years ago. Noticed on a lot of school's interview days that the MSAR values they gave were different for last cycle than the ones in their interview day. In february MSAR will show last year's cycle but right now, we have info for 2 years ago. I also think most other info on there is out of date.They also said on MSAR that they release first acceptances on 10/31, not mid October
Thomas R
Full Member
I could get accepted november if it makes you feel betterThey also said on MSAR that they release first acceptances on 10/31, not mid October
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
+1 for continued interest email!! Submitted 9/28, preliminary review complete 1/2. IS, LM 64, strong ties to HMH
calmandrain
Full Member
Just got an email saying they are still reviewing my app... is that the continued interest email? Prelim review complete 1/4
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
I'm pretty sure it is! I think that might mean they're finally moving on our applications 😀Just got an email saying they are still reviewing my app... is that the continued interest email? Prelim review complete 1/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1167714
Can someone copy/paste what the continued interest email said? I got an email from them today but I'm not sure if it was continued interest?
It has the line “your application is still being considered for an interview” so I’m assuming that’s what it isCan someone copy/paste what the continued interest email said? I got an email from them today but I'm not sure if it was continued interest?
D
deleted1167714
Does everyone get the continued interest email?
aspiringmed23
Full Member
I didnt get it, didn't get R yet either.Does everyone get the continued interest email?
calmandrain
Full Member
When was your prelim review complete?I didnt get it, didn't get R yet either.
aspiringmed23
Full Member
10/11. is this a soft R?When was your prelim review complete?
purplepanda23
Full Member
I got the continued interest email Jan 4. Submitted 9/11 and Prelim review complete 12/18. OOS LM 72.
My prelim review: 9/27
My continued interest email: 10/26
No communications since. I’m guessing it’s an R but who knows.
My continued interest email: 10/26
No communications since. I’m guessing it’s an R but who knows.
apprehensivefee
Full Member
Finally got the A call. Interviewed Oct 23rd
dotsquared
Full Member
Did your portal update too?Finally got the A call. Interviewed Oct 23rd
congrats!Finally got the A call. Interviewed Oct 23rd
apprehensivefee
Full Member
Yep! Just checkedDid your portal update too?
apprehensivefee
Full Member
Thank you!!congrats!
Did you submit any post interview updates?Finally got the A call. Interviewed Oct 23rd
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apprehensivefee
Full Member
Yep, in early decemberDid you submit any post interview updates?
what time did you get the call today and what number do they call from?Yep, in early december
apprehensivefee
Full Member
Got the call before noon and I’d rather not give out the specific number but caller ID told me it was from “Hackensack University”what time did you get the call today and what number do they call from?
D
deleted1005927
Congrats! Did you send a letter of interest/intent or literally just an update?Yep, in early december
Congrats! Mind sharing your LMFinally got the A call. Interviewed Oct 23rd