You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not complete at this school yet, prereqs still pending verification. Congrats to those who got IIs!
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
--> OOS IIreceived a status email that said "...still under review for interview." anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jblackster
Full Member
Did anyone who received an II get a response after replying to their email?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Did anyone who received an II get a response after replying to their email?
no not yet
Submitted everything 8/7, LOR still pending review 🙁
OOS II a few hours ago! I went into the portal to confirm and they sent me a confirmation email
D
deleted1167714
Once we submit our secondary, is there anything that we need to do? I've been waiting for a couple weeks but my LOR's and pre-reqs are still "under review".
Once we submit our secondary, is there anything that we need to do? I've been waiting for a couple weeks but my LOR's and pre-reqs are still "under review".
Mine is too! I guess we have to just wait it out?
Anyone IS get an II yet?
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Does anyone know if there is data on post-II acceptance rates here??
MSAR should have it. Just look at how many they interviewed and how many matriculated, and also look at waitlist to see roughly how many get itDoes anyone know if there is data on post-II acceptance rates here??
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
anyone received a call to set up the 1:1 after sending an II email response?
That is not a good measure. The amount of people who matriculated is not the same as the number of people accepted. Not everyone who is accepted to Hackensack goes there.MSAR should have it. Just look at how many they interviewed and how many matriculated, and also look at waitlist to see roughly how many get it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jblackster
Full Member
I haven't yetanyone received a call to set up the 1:1 after sending an II email response?
Which is why I mentioned the waitlist as well. Typically Waitlist acceptances+matriculated will typically give you a close-to-the-real numberThat is not a good measure. The amount of people who matriculated is not the same as the number of people accepted. Not everyone who is accepted to Hackensack goes there.
I don't think that is a good measure either. Lets say for instance that RWJ is my top choice and I get into both hackensack and RWJ. I would choose RWJ but I wouldn't be waitlisted. I think there's a lot more people like that than waitlistWhich is why I mentioned the waitlist as well. Typically Waitlist acceptances+matriculated will typically give you a close-to-the-real number
Yes but that’s why you look waitlist acceptances because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools, and matriculated represents people going to this school.I don't think that is a good measure either. Lets say for instance that RWJ is my top choice and I get into both hackensack and RWJ. I would choose RWJ but I wouldn't be waitlisted. I think there's a lot more people like that than waitlist
Of course there’s the small flaw of schools over accepting, but you get a rough estimate of where you stand
"because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools" this is not true, who said those are people going to other schools? We don't know that. Also, depending on the caliber of the school, they may have to "over accept" more than you would think or realize. I think your method of calculating everything gives a rough idea but its not super accurate or concise.Yes but that’s why you look waitlist acceptances because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools, and matriculated represents people going to this school.
Of course there’s the small flaw of schools over accepting, but you get a rough estimate of where you stand
cuddlycactus
Full Member
According to US news, last year they interviewed 437 people and accepted 385. If accurate, it certainly points towards over-accepting."because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools" this is not true, who said those are people going to other schools? We don't know that. Also, depending on the caliber of the school, they may have to "over accept" more than you would think or realize. I think your method of calculating everything gives a rough idea but its not super accurate or concise.
Yup, every school, probably with the exception of Harvard, over accepts to a degree! I never said they didn't over accept 🙂According to US news, last year they interviewed 437 people and accepted 385. If accurate, it certainly points towards over-accepting.
I do not think I was very clear, I’m sorry."because the people that are accepted off the waitlist represent people accepted but going to other schools" this is not true, who said those are people going to other schools? We don't know that. Also, depending on the caliber of the school, they may have to "over accept" more than you would think or realize. I think your method of calculating everything gives a rough idea but its not super accurate or concise.
For every person that is accepted off the waitlist, there is another one single person (at least) that declined the acceptance to attend another school.
So, what I mean is when the number of people accepted off the waitlist is going to be (about) equal or at least close to the number of people that decided to go to other schools (or just not attend HM).
Like it’s been mentioned, Over accepting might slew these numbers because the first “this many” acceptances that don’t attend will not result in WL movement.
However, I think it gives a decent idea about how many people end up getting in that are interviewed.
Ahhh I see what you mean nowI do not think I was very clear, I’m sorry.
For every person that is accepted off the waitlist, there is another one single person (at least) that declined the acceptance to attend another school.
So, what I mean is when the number of people accepted off the waitlist is going to be (about) equal or at least close to the number of people that decided to go to other schools (or just not attend HM).
Like it’s been mentioned, Over accepting might slew these numbers because the first “this many” acceptances that don’t attend will not result in WL movement.
However, I think it gives a decent idea about how many people end up getting in that are interviewed.
Yes! And it might not be accurate, but I feel this might be one of the closer numbers we are able to obtain.Ahhh I see what you mean now
premed2022hopeful
Full Member
Has anyone who submitted in secondaries in August been marked as complete after "pending verification"?
I submitted 8/2 and was completed 8/30Has anyone who submitted in secondaries in August been marked as complete after "pending verification"?
Submitted 08/05 and still under reviewHas anyone who submitted in secondaries in August been marked as complete after "pending verification"?
Submitted 8/6 and also still under review!Submitted 08/05 and still under review
My prerequisites are still not verified. How long did it take everyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1005927
What the heck is going on here? I submitted 8/4 and still missing pre-req verification.
D
deleted1124957
July 30th here, they don't want our appsWhat the heck is going on here? I submitted 8/4 and still missing pre-req verification.

D
deleted1005927
This is getting kind of ridiculous... How can they be so far behind?July 30th here, they don't want our apps![]()
dotsquared
Full Member
+1 “thanks for continued interest” email
Does anyone know what this means? Is it a soft hold basically? I had all my stuff verified by them 8/24
Does anyone know what this means? Is it a soft hold basically? I had all my stuff verified by them 8/24
Last edited:
pancakemixer
Full Member
same!! exact same submit date and i'm missing my pre-req and LOR verificationWhat the heck is going on here? I submitted 8/4 and still missing pre-req verification.
Submitted my secondary 8/9. LOR and pre-req verification still on "Pending Review"
Raspberry_skies
New Member
+1 “thanks for continued interest” email
Does anyone know what this means? Is it a soft hold basically? I had all my stuff verified by them 8/24
I don’t think it’s a soft hold. N=1 but I got the “thanks for the continued interest” email on 9/11 and then got an II on 9/13
dotsquared
Full Member
Manifesting the same fate 🤞I don’t think it’s a soft hold. N=1 but I got the “thanks for the continued interest” email on 9/11 and then got an II on 9/13
Have y’all with II gotten a call to schedule? I still haven’t heard anything
adhd_wannabe
New Member
Nope have not gotten the call yet; keep checking area codes from spam calls 🙃Have y’all with II gotten a call to schedule? I still haven’t heard anything
career_scribe
Full Member
OOS II from 9/13. LM 71, WARS 75 - marked complete on 8/24
ComfortableCup4677
Full Member
submitted 7/29, app marked completed today 9/19.
Email says that the review didn't include CASPER and Duet review, curious as to how important those metrics are.
Email says that the review didn't include CASPER and Duet review, curious as to how important those metrics are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two questions:
1. Anyone else still waiting for a phone call to schedule an interview date?
2. What would be appropriate attire (M) for the student Q&A sessions?
1. Anyone else still waiting for a phone call to schedule an interview date?
2. What would be appropriate attire (M) for the student Q&A sessions?
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
1. they called from a 201 area code about 1 week after the initial email II
2. always better to overdress than underdress! so imo formal!
2. always better to overdress than underdress! so imo formal!
+1Preliminary Review Complete today 09/20.
Submitted 08/05
submitted 07/31
jblackster
Full Member
I'm still waiting for a phone call to schedule as wellTwo questions:
1. Anyone else still waiting for a phone call to schedule an interview date?
2. What would be appropriate attire (M) for the student Q&A sessions?
OOS II