2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone gotten accepted this month?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if we’re allowed to bring guests to the second look day?

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten an email saying that their amcas application has been reviewed? I received the email on 3/2 and haven't heard back. I am also confused on if it means that I am missing something:

"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.

Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."

Has anyone gotten an email saying that their amcas application has been reviewed? I received the email on 3/2 and haven't heard back. I am also confused on if it means that I am missing something:

"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.

Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."
yes. everyone has gotten that email. it just mean that you are in line for receiving an interviewing but no one knows. i had that since october with no interview

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if we’re allowed to bring guests to the second look day?

When I went for my second look one applicant had her mother and father along. My parents toured on their own while I was in the lectures and student tour.

"

I received it in December and still haven’t heard anything either

atp howard deserves a grammy for how unorganized they have been. im pretty sure they know they are done with interviews yet they keep giving this same generic it has been added to your file. like please spare us the bs fr

Reactions: 9 users
Based on last years thread it looks like they did their last interviews on April 15…is it safe to say hearing nothing by now is an R?

atp howard deserves a grammy for how unorganized they have been. im pretty sure they know they are done with interviews yet they keep giving this same generic it has been added to your file. like please spare us the bs fr
Miami won that Grammy for the past 3 years though. You couldn’t call their admissions office or send a voicemail for half the cycle. They even changed their update letter policy mid-cycle to not being accepted but their website says they still do

On behalf of the 12 essays that went unread, I petition Miami for this Grammy. Who’s with me?

Miami won that Grammy for the past 3 years though. You couldn’t call their admissions office or send a voicemail for half the cycle. They even changed their update letter policy mid-cycle to not being accepted but their website says they still do

On behalf of the 12 essays that went unread, I petition Miami for this Grammy. Who’s with me?
Lol, I'm with you. I work at the UM medical campus and I'd stop by the admission office to ask questions, it was always a ghost town.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the commit to enroll (CTE) is? like when you have to click the button on AMCAS? I am on multiple waitlists at other schools and I didn't know if Howard was enforcing it on May 1st.

I got the email about my application being reviewed on march 2nd with the first Friday notification, which the last one listed on my email was march 1st. Does anyone know if there are any more?

just got placed on the alternate list, interviewed 3/19. from reading the thread, that’s the best case scenario here since the class is filled at this time right? can i get excited lol

Interviewed last week.

Received this last night: “The Admissions Committee has requested a second interview.”

No explanation, but 3 time options given - all next week.

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Any thoughts?

just got placed on the alternate list, interviewed 3/19. from reading the thread, that’s the best case scenario here since the class is filled at this time right? can i get excited lol
yea they said that’s best case scenario. they said during my interview that it’s basically an acceptance but i’m not gonna really celebrate until i get that official email

Interviewed last week.

Received this last night: “The Admissions Committee has requested a second interview.”

No explanation, but 3 time options given - all next week.

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Any thoughts?
i’ve actually never heard of this

Howard has done this in the past & it's a good sign if you are still very interested in Howard; show your enthusiasm in the extra interview
Awesome! Thank you so much.
I am sooo excited; I will have to restrain myself from borrowing pom-poms and doing cheers!

damnn so howard is done with interviews. congrats to everyone. ill go to the school god has for me. blessings

Reactions: 3 users
i got excited lol. i have high hopes for us!

Based on what was said previously about a WL essentially being an A, I think you guys are on the right track! :)

is there like a clear percentage of how many get off the waitlist? they said they basically exhaust it but like what is the actual probability. i can appreciate the reassurance that a waitlist isn’t a bad thing but was to be realistic

is there like a clear percentage of how many get off the waitlist? they said they basically exhaust it but like what is the actual probability. i can appreciate the reassurance that a waitlist isn’t a bad thing but was to be realistic
I think the latest thing AMCAS put out said they either accepted 100 or 120 off the waitlist last year.

I think the latest thing AMCAS put out said they either accepted 100 or 120 off the waitlist last year.
do we know how long the waitlist was? cause they say they interview about 400 so those odds are not as high as they’re saying they are

do we know how long the waitlist was? cause they say they interview about 400 so those odds are not as high as they’re saying they are
I think last I checked it was like 120 to a max of 150, with it differing a bit each year. Though during my interview session, they did say that last year they accepted everyone except 2 people off the WL.

Is anyone going to the second look next Friday, April 12th?

Is there still chance of getting II or is it too late?

For those of you on the waitlist, it's always good to be prepared to reapply/get ready for the other school you were accepted to, but I will let you know Howard keeps taking people off the waitlist up to orientation. A classmate of mine did get the acceptance call the day of when some people no-showed at orientation. Our class was supposed to be 130 students but we started off with 129.

Of course things can be different this year and I don't want to give false hope, but keep it in mind it's not over yet. Best of luck

Reactions: 5 users
Ladies and gentlemen interviews are not done yet and no i didnt receive one yet

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Ladies and gentlemen interviews are not done yet and no i didnt receive one yet
How do you know this? Their website says the interview invite goes out three weeks before the interview date so unless their interviewing on April 29-30, I think the invites are done.