You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Howard
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone gotten an email saying that their amcas application has been reviewed? I received the email on 3/2 and haven't heard back. I am also confused on if it means that I am missing something:
"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."
"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."
drake22292992
Full Member
yes. everyone has gotten that email. it just mean that you are in line for receiving an interviewing but no one knows. i had that since october with no interviewHas anyone gotten an email saying that their amcas application has been reviewed? I received the email on 3/2 and haven't heard back. I am also confused on if it means that I am missing something:
"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sphino10x
Full Member
does anyone know if we’re allowed to bring guests to the second look day?
When I went for my second look one applicant had her mother and father along. My parents toured on their own while I was in the lectures and student tour.
soontobemed_
Full Member
I received it in December and still haven’t heard anything eitherHas anyone gotten an email saying that their amcas application has been reviewed? I received the email on 3/2 and haven't heard back. I am also confused on if it means that I am missing something:
"
We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. Although we are aware students are currently in the process of completing their prerequisites, and having at least 2 Science, Math, or Research Instructor Letters of Recommendation or Committee Letters submitted on their behalf; please be advised, that should you be missing pre-requisite coursework or a required Letter of Recommendation, they should be received no later than July 1, 2024. Also, any outstanding pre-requisite courses must have a letter grade in the "C" range (C+ to C-) to be considered a satisfied requirement and completed no later than spring or first summer session to be considered for admission in July 2024.
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via E-MAIL ONLY. Should you be selected for interview, invitations will be issued between late August until mid April. Most interviews will be completed by the end of April."
drake22292992
Full Member
atp howard deserves a grammy for how unorganized they have been. im pretty sure they know they are done with interviews yet they keep giving this same generic it has been added to your file. like please spare us the bs fr
Based on last years thread it looks like they did their last interviews on April 15…is it safe to say hearing nothing by now is an R?
Miami won that Grammy for the past 3 years though. You couldn’t call their admissions office or send a voicemail for half the cycle. They even changed their update letter policy mid-cycle to not being accepted but their website says they still doatp howard deserves a grammy for how unorganized they have been. im pretty sure they know they are done with interviews yet they keep giving this same generic it has been added to your file. like please spare us the bs fr
On behalf of the 12 essays that went unread, I petition Miami for this Grammy. Who’s with me?
Lol, I'm with you. I work at the UM medical campus and I'd stop by the admission office to ask questions, it was always a ghost town.Miami won that Grammy for the past 3 years though. You couldn’t call their admissions office or send a voicemail for half the cycle. They even changed their update letter policy mid-cycle to not being accepted but their website says they still do
On behalf of the 12 essays that went unread, I petition Miami for this Grammy. Who’s with me?
Is it my cue to act surprised? 💀Lol, I'm with you. I work at the UM medical campus and I'd stop by the admission office to ask questions, it was always a ghost town.
Shrimp Tacos
Full Member
Does anyone know when the commit to enroll (CTE) is? like when you have to click the button on AMCAS? I am on multiple waitlists at other schools and I didn't know if Howard was enforcing it on May 1st.
drake22292992
Full Member
so im guessing howard is done with interviews?
so im guessing howard is done with interviews?
Literally
I have a feeling they’re 99.9% done. 😢 My time to let it go and move on. Best of luck everyone!!so im guessing howard is done with interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovely2025
Full Member
yea they said that’s best case scenario. they said during my interview that it’s basically an acceptance but i’m not gonna really celebrate until i get that official emailjust got placed on the alternate list, interviewed 3/19. from reading the thread, that’s the best case scenario here since the class is filled at this time right? can i get excited lol
lovely2025
Full Member
i’ve actually never heard of thisInterviewed last week.
Received this last night: “The Admissions Committee has requested a second interview.”
No explanation, but 3 time options given - all next week.
🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♀️
Any thoughts?
Howard has done this in the past & it's a good sign if you are still very interested in Howard; show your enthusiasm in the extra interviewi’ve actually never heard of this
Awesome! Thank you so much.Howard has done this in the past & it's a good sign if you are still very interested in Howard; show your enthusiasm in the extra interview
I am sooo excited; I will have to restrain myself from borrowing pom-poms and doing cheers!
drake22292992
Full Member
damnn so howard is done with interviews. congrats to everyone. ill go to the school god has for me. blessings
i got excited lol. i have high hopes for us!just got placed on the alternate list, interviewed 3/19. from reading the thread, that’s the best case scenario here since the class is filled at this time right? can i get excited lol
TheD1Doctor
Full Member
Based on what was said previously about a WL essentially being an A, I think you guys are on the right track! 🙂
lovely2025
Full Member
is there like a clear percentage of how many get off the waitlist? they said they basically exhaust it but like what is the actual probability. i can appreciate the reassurance that a waitlist isn’t a bad thing but was to be realistic
I think the latest thing AMCAS put out said they either accepted 100 or 120 off the waitlist last year.is there like a clear percentage of how many get off the waitlist? they said they basically exhaust it but like what is the actual probability. i can appreciate the reassurance that a waitlist isn’t a bad thing but was to be realistic
lovely2025
Full Member
do we know how long the waitlist was? cause they say they interview about 400 so those odds are not as high as they’re saying they areI think the latest thing AMCAS put out said they either accepted 100 or 120 off the waitlist last year.
I think last I checked it was like 120 to a max of 150, with it differing a bit each year. Though during my interview session, they did say that last year they accepted everyone except 2 people off the WL.do we know how long the waitlist was? cause they say they interview about 400 so those odds are not as high as they’re saying they are
wewillbegreat04
Full Member
Is this confirmed?damnn so howard is done with interviews. congrats to everyone. ill go to the school god has for me. blessings
I didn't hear them say that they were done in my interview last week. But, I would assume they are coming to a close.Is this confirmed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone going to the second look next Friday, April 12th?
I would like to know too if anyone has any info please. thanksIs there still chance of getting II or is it too late?
spirited wildflower
Full Member
I am!Is anyone going to the second look next Friday, April 12th?
For those of you on the waitlist, it's always good to be prepared to reapply/get ready for the other school you were accepted to, but I will let you know Howard keeps taking people off the waitlist up to orientation. A classmate of mine did get the acceptance call the day of when some people no-showed at orientation. Our class was supposed to be 130 students but we started off with 129.
Of course things can be different this year and I don't want to give false hope, but keep it in mind it's not over yet. Best of luck
Of course things can be different this year and I don't want to give false hope, but keep it in mind it's not over yet. Best of luck
premedgirly22
New Member
I am too ! Does anyone know if people usually bring a family member with them, or is it only for prospective students ?Is anyone going to the second look next Friday, April 12th?
sphino10x
Full Member
lovely2025
Full Member
bless you for doing it early for us waitlistersHow do we withdraw our acceptance?
jack lock
Full Member
How many ppl have been accepted so far based off groupmebless you for doing it early for us waitlisters
drake22292992
Full Member
no interview and no rejection what is going onnnn
medschoolappsarehard
Full Member
Same here, I'm sure they are done with interviews so why not send out R's??no interview and no rejection what is going onnnn
jack lock
Full Member
Maybe they secretly love seeing us squirm on sdn trying to figure out this system😂Same here, I'm sure they are done with interviews so why not send out R's??
medschoolappsarehard
Full Member
Honestly, that's what I'm thinking as well lollllMaybe they secretly love seeing us squirm on sdn trying to figure out this system😂
drake22292992
Full Member
Ladies and gentlemen interviews are not done yet and no i didnt receive one yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolappsarehard
Full Member
How do you know this? Their website says the interview invite goes out three weeks before the interview date so unless their interviewing on April 29-30, I think the invites are done.Ladies and gentlemen interviews are not done yet and no i didnt receive one yet
drake22292992
Full Member
my brother i just asked!How do you know this? Their website says the interview invite goes out three weeks before the interview date so unless their interviewing on April 29-30, I think the invites are done.
are you calling them or emailing? if emailing can I please ask what email your are contacting them on coz they don't seem to reply to any of my emails 🙁my brother i just asked!
triplejump101
Full Member
Not you giving us hope 😭🤣my brother i just asked!
Appreciate the news!
ga_med2719
Full Member
Withdrew my A!