2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here i was thinking howard blessed me with an interview but its some nonsense about being closed for break smh
did the email also say they are coming to the end of the current cycle and sending out the last few emails?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email saying
1) they’re closed this week
2) we can expect more interviews to come out after march 11.

To quote the email:
“Please note: All applications received have been reviewed and MCAT scores have been updated in our system at this time. Thank you for your interest in Howard University College of Medicine and your patience as we wind down the admissions cycle for this season; and send out the final interview invitations from this highly competitive pool of 8300 applicants.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
they said during my interview that i would hear back on about march 4… should i be expected to wait another week for a decision since they’re now on break? if so that’s kind of irritating
They are normally pretty good at getting back to you by the date they mentioned in the email

Is there even any point to sending an update email now? Idek how I would construct that

They are normally pretty good at getting back to you by the date they mentioned in the email
should i email them? i’m not sure what time they typically send decisions but they’re on break…

should i email them? i’m not sure what time they typically send decisions but they’re on break…
Why not? They very well may be out of the office, and not able to respond, but maybe some poor soul will be there catching up on things and answer you and then you can stop fretting. 👍 Just please don’t read too much into it if you don’t hear back, because they are officially on break. It won’t be anything personal.

And what’s really the harm in contacting them? It’s not like any school that was on the verge of making an offer would stop and pull it back because someone sent a follow up email. They know everyone is anxious. The worst thing that happens is that they think, ‘wow! This person really wants to come to Howard!’ And that can't be abad thing.

Wishing you good luck. 🙏

Reactions: 3 users
Why not? They very well may be out of the office, and not able to respond, but maybe some poor soul will be there catching up on things and answer you and then you can stop fretting. 👍 Just please don’t read too much into it if you don’t hear back, because they are officially on break. It won’t be anything personal.

And what’s really the harm in contacting them? It’s not like any school that was on the verge of making an offer would stop and pull it back because someone sent a follow up email. They know everyone is anxious. The worst thing that happens is that they think, ‘wow! This person really wants to come to Howard!’ And that can't be abad thing.

Wishing you good luck. 🙏
you can send but know they get about 250 a day

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a confirmation that my update letter was received. I sent it back in January 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Just received a confirmation that my update letter was received. I sent it back in January 😅
same, looks like someone is in office catching up on emails! I'm grateful.

Reactions: 1 users
same, looks like someone is in office catching up on emails! I'm grateful.
did they email from the hucmadmissions email? i was supposed to get a decision two days ago and have gotten nothing…

I had sent two updates January/Feb and received acknowledgements for both, each one month later. Looks like they are a month behind on these sorts of things. But, they are chugging forward

Anyone know how Howard is with scholarships? Any full-tuition scholarships go out in years past or have any of y'all heard word of scholarships? I know aid is delayed bc of FAFSA's timeline but some schools have released a bit of aid already

Anyone know how Howard is with scholarships? Any full-tuition scholarships go out in years past or have any of y'all heard word of scholarships? I know aid is delayed bc of FAFSA's timeline but some schools have released a bit of aid already

I emailed financial aid last month and was told they are looking through applications to determine aid.

I emailed financial aid last month and was told they are looking through applications to determine aid.
Did you email them asking when they'd hand it out or did you send more of a request for aid? Just curious to see if I'd expect the same response if I was to email about the latter

Did you email them asking when they'd hand it out or did you send more of a request for aid? Just curious to see if I'd expect the same response if I was to email about the latter

I just sent a general question asking about aid from the school and the response was “Please note that we are still reviewing and determining students’ eligibility for scholarships which is based on both financial need and MCAT score.”

From last year's thread, I only saw mention of one scholarship in early March. I know things are delayed this year so when are we to expect scholarships is essentially what I'm tryna see

bruh when the heck am i gonna get to sniff an interview and congrats to all wl/accepted

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
congrats to all who got the WL! is anybody able to PM me about the interview process? i interview next tuesday and had some questions about the day and the supplemental form

congrats to all who got the WL! is anybody able to PM me about the interview process? i interview next tuesday and had some questions about the day and the supplemental form
Honestly it's a pretty chill interview. You just talk to a faculty member for a bit and that's it. I think the only real tip would be to just be genuine lol

Sorry, I wish I could give you better advice, but the interview is nothing crazy. Don't fret about it, you will do great! :)

Honestly it's a pretty chill interview. You just talk to a faculty member for a bit and that's it. I think the only real tip would be to just be genuine lol

Sorry, I wish I could give you better advice, but the interview is nothing crazy. Don't fret about it, you will do great! :)

Agreed. The supplemental form is pretty straightforward and the interview was low key. I found it less stressful than the MMI format at other schools

Reactions: 1 users
they dont even broadcast it like all the other hbcus Lmaoo