2023-2024 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed 1/10/24 gotten the update that their application is under committee review?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed 1/10/24 gotten the update that their application is under committee review?
I have, but I only had one interviewer this year. I checked my emails from last year, it took 5 days then with two interviewers, and my app was considered complete at 2 days this time. IU does take off for MLK day so the admissions committee may have met early or be planning to meet late. Either way, it probably will be February before we hear anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have, but I only had one interviewer this year. I checked my emails from last year, it took 5 days then with two interviewers, and my app was considered complete at 2 days this time. IU does take off for MLK day so the admissions committee may have met early or be planning to meet late. Either way, it probably will be February before we hear anything.
Ah dang, I also had one interviewer, still havn't heard back yet tho. Im assuming then you received the email last week?

Ah dang, I also had one interviewer, still havn't heard back yet tho. Im assuming then you received the email last week?
It was around 4pm est on Friday. I expect there will be a flood of emails on Tuesday.

OOS A via email and portal just now! Interviewed 11/8

Curious about the same thing - only had 1 interviewer but haven't heard anything back yet about app being under committee review ://

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious about the same thing - only had 1 interviewer but haven't heard anything back yet about app being under committee review ://

I interviewed on the 10th and got the under committee review email on the 12th.

Anyone know if they send an email notification or portal update once they have received the accepted reply form?

I made a groupme for accepted students

Just got an email rejecting me from the rural med program, but I’m still under consideration for the traditional MD program.

• Sad
interviewed in early December. just got another chain email. on the fence about submitting an update/interest letter :/

Just got an email saying "at present, your application remains under consideration". Are they just sending out an update email to applicants? Did anyone else get this?

Reactions: 3 users
Also just got the same email. I took a look at previous year's SDN threads about it and I think it's normal! Just a kind of general update thing.

Also just got the same email. I took a look at previous year's SDN threads about it and I think it's normal! Just a kind of general update thing.
That’s exactly what it is. No need for panic or alarm. This is my second time in the app process with an interview with IU.

Just got an email saying "at present, your application remains under consideration". Are they just sending out an update email to applicants? Did anyone else get this?
+1

for those w As, are there no second look days for indy campus? a little confused bc I thought indy had them in the past but obvi not in that email

Anyone with As and filled out the scholarship application hear back yet? Their range was pretty broad (late-Jan to late-March) about notification though...

for those w As, are there no second look days for indy campus? a little confused bc I thought indy had them in the past but obvi not in that email

I’m not sure about a formal second look day, but you can always schedule a tour to see the Indy campus. The email is [email protected]

anyone with an interview 11/1 hear back yet? patiently waiting but starting to lose hope ):

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if classes are mandatory to attend, or if they are recorded and posted?

anyone with an interview 11/1 hear back yet? patiently waiting but starting to lose hope ):
I interviewed on 11/8 and I am still waiting to hear back. Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully, we will find out this month :D

From what I’ve seen on this forum, it’s pretty typical for applicants to not be informed of an acceptance for at least 1.5-2 months after their interview date. Has anyone interviewed and heard back the following month? I interviewed in January, so I was wondering if I need to taper my expectations and shouldn’t expect to hear anything back in the coming days. Thanks in advance!

From what I’ve seen on this forum, it’s pretty typical for applicants to not be informed of an acceptance for at least 1.5-2 months after their interview date. Has anyone interviewed and heard back the following month? I interviewed in January, so I was wondering if I need to taper my expectations and shouldn’t expect to hear anything back in the coming days. Thanks in advance!
I've also heard that they are notorious for taking their time on decisions (from a current M3). That being said, I interviewed in October and heard back in November.

Im also waiting to hear back from January, but I have seen people hearing back 1 month later to greater than from looking at past threads

Im also waiting to hear back from January, but I have seen people hearing back 1 month later to greater than from looking at past threads

I don’t think they’ve sent Rs yet though, it seems like after 1-2 months, they’ve probably looked at your app

I don’t think they’ve sent Rs yet though, it seems like after 1-2 months, they’ve probably looked at your app
If I remember correctly from last year’s cycle they won’t send R’s out until mid-May. That said, I think April is when they send out the last batch of A’s and maybe WL’s (could be wrong here) so that may be the timeline to look out for.

so if I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything it's probably time to accept that there is no A coming?

From the information session on my interview day, I wrote down the following: "Decisions 2/15. Waitlist no earlier than March. Rejections can come anytime, including June which is the last month of rejections." I'm hoping to hear back this month I love this school would love to go!

From the information session on my interview day, I wrote down the following: "Decisions 2/15. Waitlist no earlier than March. Rejections can come anytime, including June which is the last month of rejections." I'm hoping to hear back this month I love this school would love to go!
I love it more

So if we don’t hear back 2/15 should we just assume that we’ll be waitlisted or rejected then?

I thought they made acceptances all the way up through march?
Acceptances should go up through March at least. I had a jan 10th interview and we were told the earliest we could hear back was 2/15, but we could also be into March.