2023-2024 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Indiana does not employ a secondary essay phase in their application process.
Apparently they will send you an email that your AMCAS application has been received, then at the time when they choose whom to interview, will send selected students a link to fill out some additional non-essay information.

They do ask for the CASPer test.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I've heard from a lot of Indiana residents that applying to IU ED with the required stats gives you a very good chance of getting accepted. Is this true? Has anyone else heard this?

I've heard from a lot of Indiana residents that applying to IU ED with the required stats gives you a very good chance of getting accepted. Is this true? Has anyone else heard this?
Yes, this is very true. I spoke with admissions prior to applying and if I remember correctly, I was told ED has 90+% acceptance rate

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Has anyone on this forum received any type of information regarding interviews yet? I know in last year's cycle, some started to get interview invitations in the middle of July.

Has anyone received confirmation that their AMCAS has been received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Application received today morning IS RD

Last edited:
For the MSTP program, one of the prompts says to "...please include names of up to five IU investigators whose research programs interest you."

Given that this program is joint with Purdue, is it ok for me to have a couple of investigators from Purdue or should I stick strictly with those at IU?

Has anyone received confirmation that their AMCAS has been received?
I submitted to AMCAS on July 2, was verified on July 3, received confirmation from IU on July 5. I'm applying ED.

For the MSTP program, one of the prompts says to "...please include names of up to five IU investigators whose research programs interest you."

Given that this program is joint with Purdue, is it ok for me to have a couple of investigators from Purdue or should I stick strictly with those at IU?
Pretty sure you're only supposed to list Purdue faculty if you're doing BME there, right? Isn't that the only Purdue grad program option?

Received my interview invite this morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Received interview invite 7/18

Still waiting on confirmation OOS

IS ED
6/2 Primary Submitted
7/5 Confirmed Application
7/18 Interview Invite

OOS Received Confirmation of Application

Got an email today saying I might be a good match for the Urban Medicine Program. Anyone get a similar email or know what this means?

For those who have received interview invites, are we supposed to resubmit letters of recommendation as part of the documents in the application portal, or do we just ignore it if we already did it through AMCAS? My portal says they have not been received on the main page, but says they've been received when looking at them individually after clicking on the attached link.

For those who have received interview invites, are we supposed to resubmit letters of recommendation as part of the documents in the application portal, or do we just ignore it if we already did it through AMCAS? My portal says they have not been received on the main page, but says they've been received when looking at them individually after clicking on the attached link.
You do not have to resubmit letters. Once you fill out the other site and pay the application fee, you are put in a queue where they confirm your letters of rec from AMCAS, based on last year's thread.

• Love
Got an email today saying I might be a good match for the Urban Medicine Program. Anyone get a similar email or know what this means?
n=1 but I also received the UMP email and then received my interview invite the next day...hoping for good news for you as well!

Anyone know if they send Rs or are they silent Rs?

Do they give us the scheduled interview date or do we schedule it ourselves eventually? Currently trying to figure that out

Do they give us the scheduled interview date or do we schedule it ourselves eventually? Currently trying to figure that out
Nevermind, after looking at last year's thread, it seems like we will schedule ourselves once the entire checklist has been completed, but that can take a while.

Received interview invite 7/18
What is your GPA, MCAT and casper? Do you have lot of research? I did not get an interview invite, I have a good GPA but 514 MCAT and 2nd quartile in Casper.

Nevermind, after looking at last year's thread, it seems like we will schedule ourselves once the entire checklist has been completed, but that can take a while.
They will send you an email and tell you what day and time your interview is. You have no say in when you interview