2023-2024 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from 1/17 heard anything? I'm thinking that anyone who interviews before the 15th of month 1 finds out on the 15th of month 2, and anyone after the 15th of month 1 hears back the 15th of month 3. Hence I'm thinking we'll likely hear back on March 15th.
Interviewed 1/17 and have not heard back

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone from 1/17 heard anything? I'm thinking that anyone who interviews before the 15th of month 1 finds out on the 15th of month 2, and anyone after the 15th of month 1 hears back the 15th of month 3. Hence I'm thinking we'll likely hear back on March 15th.
Interviewed 1/17 (MSTP) and got the A (MD-only)! Still waiting to hear back from MSTP

Interviewed 1/17 (MSTP) and got the A (MD-only)! Still waiting to hear back from MSTP
Congrats on the MD A! I also interviewed MSTP and didn't know they gave out MD As before MSTP. Did they give you any other information about when the MSTP will be making decisions? Also, are you IS or OOS for Indiana?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the MD A! I also interviewed MSTP and didn't know they gave out MD As before MSTP. Did they give you any other information about when the MSTP will be making decisions? Also, are you IS or OOS for Indiana?
I have the same question- I am in the same boat for the MSTP interview and did not know they could give out MD A's before MSTP!

Thank you! I am OOS. During my interview, they were really vague about their decision timeline, just that it could take several weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted student groupme for new people

just got an email from IUSM saying that 45 scholarship emails are going out at 3pm today 😬

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the general update email saying my app is still in consideration yay

interviewed 10/11 and just got my fourth “your application remains under consideration” email, have been getting one on the 1st of every month since December lol

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know where to find the OOS/IS enrollment broken down into campuses? ie which campuses have the most / fewest OOS students

Anyone know where to find the OOS/IS enrollment broken down into campuses? ie which campuses have the most / fewest OOS students
I want to say there's a higher OOS enrollment at Indy opposed to the other campuses only because IUSM tends to have an in-state bias, so getting in OOS is harder. Because of that, your average OOS student probably had a more rigorous app compared to your average IS student and if that has any bearing on their "lottery", then there might be a bias. The other reason is that the regional campuses have much lower enrollment than Indy (less than 100 total per regional, around 800 total at Indy) and many people who choose to attend those campuses are probably IS with local/family ties.

Here's the latest fact sheet though from IUSM's 23-24 class - https://medicine.iu.edu/-/media/files/iusm-fact-sheet.pdf

Did anyone already assigned to Indianapolis not get invited for Indianapolis first look registration? I emailed them to ask and they said the event is already at capacity.

Did anyone already assigned to Indianapolis not get invited for Indianapolis first look registration? I emailed them to ask and they said the event is already at capacity.
didn't already get assigned to indy but I also did not receive the registration link even though I was told I would. honestly everything seems kinda disorganized

didn't already get assigned to indy but I also did not receive the registration link even though I was told I would. honestly everything seems kinda disorganized
yeah, it's upsetting that I can't go to the first look for the campus that I'm going to be at if I matriculate, especially as an OOS student who's never set foot in the state

this happened to me as well. kind of annoyed that i'll be touring a campus that i am not already assigned to but they did mention contacting their Admission Ambassadors / [email protected] to get a tour of the indianapolis campus

For those of us who have recieved an acceptance: what changes on the portal? I assume there's a new entry on the sidebar? Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone accepted in December from RD not receive a first look invitation to Indy?

If you take a look at last year's thread, March and early April is essentially a waiting period, followed by a surge in respones (acceptances or otherwise) in late April to May. It's possible we will be waiting for a while.

For reference, here is the first post in March from last year's thread.

Another piece of information: per a post in last year's thread, the portal updates on the 22nd of each month.

Best of luck to everyone.

Does anybody know the drug testing policy? Will we be screened at all, and if so, when?

Anyone know when finacial aid will be sent out for accepted students?

To anyone that got merit scholarships, would you be willing to share how much it covered?

Friends I just wanted to say I interviewed early October and still havn't heard back 💀

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Friends I just wanted to say I interviewed early October and still havn't heard back 💀
My brother in premed, I interviewed in late August, and still have not heard back. I'm a 2nd time IS applicant to IUSM too.

1710719520922.png

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
How hard is it to find an apartment 2-3 weeks before classes start? I feel like I should be looking at places now but it’s hard not knowing what campus I’ll be at.

How hard is it to find an apartment 2-3 weeks before classes start? I feel like I should be looking at places now but it’s hard not knowing what campus I’ll be at.
Doesn’t the campus assignment come out in May? You’d have at least two full months before orientation at the end of July if that helps. If you’re in Indy you won’t have any trouble finding apartments on short-ish notice but I can’t vouch for other statewide locations.

I may be able to help answer some questions about the Indianapolis campus for those unable to tour it. I got my MS through their pre-professional MS program and currently work on campus. That said, IUSM is building a new medical education building set to open in 2025 which will likely become the new campus for students placed in Indy. I'll add the link for the building below if anyone is interested. For those who haven't heard much from IU, that's typical unfortunately. Hang in there! I've heard of a lot of WL movement even up until orientation.

IS, interviewed 9/6 accepted 10/20.

• Care