2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewed yet? If so, what was it like / any tips?
Just finished interviewing. Really basic interview, questions weren’t too difficult, but I could tell they were trying to stay dead pan the whole time. Dont let it throw you off, just pour your heart out. CBL session was super fun though!
 
Just finished interviewing. Really basic interview, questions weren’t too difficult, but I could tell they were trying to stay dead pan the whole time. Dont let it throw you off, just pour your heart out. CBL session was super fun though!
Do they disclose who your interviewers are beforehand by any chance? Thx!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, Questions about the Carver application. How long did it take for your LOR's to be marked complete? I have been pending for over a week now. Is it worth calling to make sure things are ok?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send IIs in the afternoons, mornings, or both? Also, I submitted 7/20 and I see a lot of August people receive IIs. I know they say they don't go in chronological order, but could they be finished with July people or no?
 
Anyone who has already interviewed have any tips? This is my first interview and kinda nervous, so any tips would be greatly appreciated
 
Anyone who has already interviewed have any tips? This is my first interview and kinda nervous, so any tips would be greatly appreciated
I would say I really loved my interview day (was in person), the 25 minutes went by so fast and it was relaxed/ no stress at all. I was nervous at first but loved it after.

The interviewers (two faculty/ physicians) were super friendly and very interested in getting to know me. They came to get me and introduced themselves and I did too then we started. After the three structured questions are over, the rest is really anything you want to talk about so I would be prepared to maybe discuss your healthcare experiences/ any personal interests/ hobbies and really anything you want to ask them. The whole day was fun including the student CBL and also the tour.

My biggest tip is to trust yourself and all the work you put in, just try to relax because I assure you from my experience it will be the fastest 25 minutes ever. Good luck to you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Resurrecting this train of thought. If you are a surgeon who operates on a Carver surgeon, I think that qualifies you as a Carver carver carver? A carver of Carver carvers, if you will.

...I'll see myself out.
So... If I went to Carver and became a pathologist who performed autopsies... Would I be a Carver cadaver carver? And if I happen to perform an autopsy on a Carver surgeon... Would I be a Carver cadaver carver of a Carver carver cadaver?

.... I'll meet you at the exit.

PS. I've been a longtime lurker (3rd cycle hoping for an A this year) and yes, I did just make an account today so I could post this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad