You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Iowa (Carver)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Guys I'm slowly withering away inside
I had the worst adrenaline dump after that!View attachment 367206
I got this email this morning....it's about a 5K. They couldn't be any more cruel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some more info for those as neurotic as me: In the last 5ish cycles, if they release the results on a Wednesday, they send the email in the morning, any time from 9 to 12 am. If they release the results on a Tuesday, they've sent the email later in the afternoon, from 2-4PM.
So, based on recent trends, expect to get an email Tuesday afternoon OR Wednesday morning.
So, based on recent trends, expect to get an email Tuesday afternoon OR Wednesday morning.
You're about as neurotic as me. I approve XDDSome more info for those as neurotic as me: In the last 5ish cycles, if they release the results on a Wednesday, they send the email in the morning, any time from 9 to 12 am. If they release the results on a Tuesday, they've sent the email later in the afternoon, from 2-4PM.
So, based on recent trends, expect to get an email Tuesday afternoon OR Wednesday morning.
Welp I guess today was not the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
just got mine yesterday 🙂Does anyone know when financial aid is typically released?
Yes, according to hawkfan4's research.So decisions should come out anytime between now and noon?
Decisions are being loaded it's happening!
I'm gonna need some STAT Zofran....
OOS WL position >100 so basically an R lol. Will most likely withdraw in the near future, but congrats to everyone who got the A!
I got rejected...I can't believe it. I at least made the waitlist last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Premed5598
Full Member
ACCEPTED!!!!! IS GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!
Last edited:
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
Rejected as well, congratulations to everyone who got accepted today!
Got that fat R. Re-app cycle incoming? Congrats everyone and good luck to those waitlisted!
OOS A! interviewed back in October
Got the R. Best of luck everyone!
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
OOS waitlist position <30. Anyone know that chances?
stargirl113
Full Member
https://students-residents.aamc.org...e, ~30 students have,the waitlist by April 30.
^ CCOM accepted 12 people from the IS waitlist and 54 people from the OOS waitlist in 2019
^ CCOM accepted 12 people from the IS waitlist and 54 people from the OOS waitlist in 2019
Idk about OOS but I heard it was about 30 IS last year
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
I think it was 18 last year for OOS? Not sure but thanks for thishttps://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download#:~:text=On average, ~30 students have,the waitlist by April 30.
^ CCOM accepted 12 people from the IS waitlist and 54 people from the OOS waitlist in 2019
Howdy neighbor!16th on IS WL, I guess that makes us neighbors haha
midwestope
New Member
9th on IS waitlist
Don't give up another acceptance for a waitlist position. Wait it out, but if you get to the point where you need to pack up and go, do it my friend. You could probably still stay on the list just to see if there is a chance, but I would absolutely advise against giving up that acceptance.So based on what this document says, it looks like 54 OOS acceptance offers were sent from the waitlist in 2019. So it is likely that people past position 54 on the waitlist did get offers, since there is a low chance that everyone in positions 1-54 remained on the waitlist and accepted their offer.
Does anybody have an idea what 2020/2021/2022's OOS waitlist movement looked like? I am around position 50. This is my top choice school but my only other A is at a school that starts way early compared to everyone else so unfortunately I don't have the chance to wait all the way down to the end unless I forgo my other acceptance, which is a HUGE dice roll.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meanwhile I am just waiting for more IS people to give up their seats so I can have a chance too lmao
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
I wonder/wish Carver could provide the number of waitlist acceptances over the last 3 cycles
I also just wish schools provided most recent data to AAMC so that MSAR data was more recent. It’s a service that we pay to have access to, I feel like we should get up to date info and not numbers from 3+ years ago
jellybean_289
New Member
8th on the IS waitlist!
Welp idk if this helps, but I know a person who knows a person who was 28 on the IS waitlist last year, and they got their offer in July
Premed5598
Full Member
To everyone that got rejected today. I know your pain. Couple years ago I didn’t even get a secondary after a 497 MCAT. I even had anxiety after getting a 123 CARS on my second attempt worrying my learning disability would prevent me from getting in. I have over 3 W’s and a medical withdrawal from school and got a 1.63 my first semester of college. I also did not finish with over a 3.8 GPA. What matters to medical school is your passion and your “why”Today I got accepted, IS, Iowa was the only school I applied to. If I can do it so can you. My highest priority is helping those who didn’t get accepted this cycle. I would love to look over anyone’s app who will reapply next cycle. I promise if there is a will, THERE IS A WAY!
LazerBlazer24
Full Member
Congrats to all the As! DM me if you’d like a link to the class groupme🙂
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
28th on the OOS waitlist but I am 99% certain I’ll be withdrawing! Goodluck to everyone else on it!
It's Mar 31-Apr 1. You can get financial help too (up to $500). I'm sure you'll get an email about it soon. The deadline to register is Mar 24th I believe.IS A!!! Anyone know if they do a second look/admitted students day? Or do we only get the tour from interview day?
Where did you hear about the financial help for second look? I didn't see that in the invite email they sent out.It's Mar 31-Apr 1. You can get financial help too (up to $500). I'm sure you'll get an email about it soon. The deadline to register is Mar 24th I believe.
It was in the second look email that I got on Feb 10thWhere did you hear about the financial help for second look? I didn't see that in the invite email they sent out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people on WL IS, I stalked the previous 2 years UIowa threads and found that last year one of the last posts was someone who said that they were #28 and got accepted. The year before that somebody posted that they were mid-twenties and got accepted. Also most significant waitlist movement occurs after the April 30th enrollment deadline. Somebody said it moved like 10-15 spots overnight/in one day.
enneagram7w8
Full Member
March 31-April 1st!IS A!!! Anyone know if they do a second look/admitted students day? Or do we only get the tour from interview day?
Calling all other neurotic waitlisted individuals who, like myself, cannot stop thinking about it. Did some in depth stalking and found that on recent years' threads, the first posts reporting any kind of movement of the IS waitlist were on 3/13/22, 3/24/21, 4/7/20. All that to say, idk when we will see any movement, but I'm anxious because this school is my top choice.
While it's much nicer to be on the waitlist than rejected like I was a couple cycles ago, this wait is almost worse than the final pool. Before, no idea whether I was in or not; now, I'm basically in "conditionally," assuming enough people decide to accept other offers. What a position to be in...Calling all other neurotic waitlisted individuals who, like myself, cannot stop thinking about it. Did some in depth stalking and found that on recent years' threads, the first posts reporting any kind of movement of the IS waitlist were on 3/13/22, 3/24/21, 4/7/20. All that to say, idk when we will see any movement, but I'm anxious because this school is my top choice.
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
How has everyone's waitlist movement been? Moved 3 spots OOS