You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
peanutgallery1
New Member
IS A today, interviewed mid-september
Does anyone know if you can receive additional merit scholarships on top of the Dean's scholarship? Their wording said "This does not preclude you from receiving additional financial aid if you should qualify." However, is there a realistic shot of receiving two awards from the same school?
I'm obviously very grateful for what I've received; however, this school does remain exceptionally pricey as an OOS student.
I'm obviously very grateful for what I've received; however, this school does remain exceptionally pricey as an OOS student.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's pretty much the exact same amount as their in-state tuition rate. I wonder if we ended up going there, and were able to change our residency to Iowa if it would essentially become a full tuition scholarship?Dean's scholarship today! Does anyone know if you can receive additional merit scholarships on top of the Dean's scholarship? Their wording said "This does not preclude you from receiving additional financial aid if you should qualify." However, is there a realistic shot of receiving two awards from the same school?
I'm obviously very grateful for what I've received; however, this school does remain exceptionally pricey as an OOS student.
They don’t allow, unless you take a LOA per MSAR. Iirc, they mention they try to give scholarships and aid to offset OOS costs to make it closer to IS costs.It's pretty much the exact same amount as their in-state tuition rate. I wonder if we ended up going there, and were able to change our residency to Iowa if it would essentially become a full tuition scholarship?
Ah I see thanks for the info
InNeedOfHope
Full Member
D
deleted1150307
anyone knows if I interviewed end of September and have not heard a decision, did they go past me and I won’t hear until January for sure, or is there a chance they go back to review? Every Tuesday hoping I get in here 😂
I was told 6-8 weeks around week of Sept 25. That window has just opened.anyone knows if I interviewed end of September and have not heard a decision, did they go past me and I won’t hear until January for sure, or is there a chance they go back to review? Every Tuesday hoping I get in here 😂
D
deleted1150307
Oh ok thank you because mine was 9/22 but I don’t remember hearing a timelineI was told 6-8 weeks around week of Sept 25. That window has just opened.
They also mentioned you could wait up until March... 6-8 is just a general timeline that most applicants hear back...
np. I was just told post-interview very briefly "You'll hear back from us in 6-8 weeks time". I have seen a few people receive notice earlier than that, but as a disclaimer they say they don't review in order of interview time so that 6-8 weeks doesn't mean a whole lot.Oh ok thank you because mine was 9/22 but I don’t remember hearing a timeline
one_masterpiece
Full Member
They say 6-8 weeks but there has been people hearing within 2 weeks too so its all a tossup. Could always be waiting till the final pool too.
D
deleted1150307
Thank you all for the information, this is very helpful at least the 6-8 weeks timeline they said gives me some hope to expect before Jan or March ultimately 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InNeedOfHope
Full Member
I did not [emoji55]
OOS A earlier this afternoon! Interviewed late October
boringhuman
Full Member
Sure wish they'd give September interviewees some love
did you interview in-person or virtually?OOS A earlier this afternoon! Interviewed late October
KirbySmartVisor
New Member
Will they be sending out more IIs or are they close to being done? Kind of worried since I submitted in July...
People were reporting II in December last year, it’s not over till it’s overWill they be sending out more IIs or are they close to being done? Kind of worried since I submitted in July...
Day of they do.Do they tell you who the interviewers are ahead of time?
freefoodfriend
Full Member
Congrats!!!! Mind sharing stats?+1 OOS II complete 8/17!! RAAAAAA
AHHHHHHHHHH+1 OOS II complete 8/17!! RAAAAAA
Congrats!!!! Mind sharing stats?
LM 76! Average everything else [emoji1739]
Congrats!!! Are they in Jan dates yet?+1 OOS II complete 8/17!! RAAAAAA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! Are they in Jan dates yet?
12/15 in person or 4 virtual options from 12/18, 1/3, 1/5, 1/8.
Praying for the call today!
boringhuman
Full Member
Same here. Waiting is torture. Let's get it!Praying for the call today!
Anyone know if the A comes via email or phone call? Trying to figure out if I should have my ringer on just in case lol
Will this also be for people that interviewed in October?Anyone know if the A comes via email or phone call? Trying to figure out if I should have my ringer on just in case lol
I did not get called, just an email that my portal had updatedAnyone know if the A comes via email or phone call? Trying to figure out if I should have my ringer on just in case lol
boringhuman
Full Member
Past years' threads say emails instead of calls. It's been true this year so far regardless of interview date. Just keep refreshing that email 😆Will this also be for people that interviewed in October?
orbitgum231
New Member
IS A!!!! LM 69 ORM. Got an email around 2:20 pm. Interviewed 9/15.
I interviewed on 10/4 and nothing yet -- I vaguely remember them saying that it's approximately 6-8 weeks until we hear backAnyone interviewed on 10/6 heard back yet?
when did you interview?OOS A earlier today, reapplicant 🙂
Early Novemberwhen did you interview?
sunflowervibes
New Member
IS A this afternoon!!! Received at 2:30pm. Reapplicant, interviewed mid-October.
boringhuman
Full Member
ADCOM is probably out next week. I wonder if they'll release As twice in one week 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boringhuman
Full Member
Not sure if they're releasing decisions today, but I'll say it anyway- TUESDAY HYPE LESSGO
InNeedOfHope
Full Member
Did anyone receive anything?
nopeDid anyone receive anything?
InNeedOfHope
Full Member
Can today please be the day?