You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 NYU - Long Island
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you so much! Unfortunately I have to CTE by my other school by June 1, so I'm likely out of the running at this point. Basically about to sign my lease for a place hours away ... I wish everyone else the best of luck in their journey!! I'm just happy I got this far [emoji28]Hey yall, I called yesterday and I was told that WL is definitely in full swing and they will keep on accepting students until class is full. WL movement will continue into June depending on when the class becomes full. Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's kind of good to hear but also really hope they take me.... I have until July to CTE so a bit more time leftHey yall, I called yesterday and I was told that WL is definitely in full swing and they will keep on accepting students until class is full. WL movement will continue into June depending on when the class becomes full. Hope this helps!
please I just want to be a pediatrician so bad lmaooo god
If you guys don’t mind sharing where you might be going if NYULI doesn’t work out? Or at least if you willl be going to another school in NY or if you will be going OOS? I’m a NY native and I think I might be going OOS. Although, now I’m terrified I made the wrong decision…
At this point, I would like some sort of response from NYULI, even if it is a rejection or anything. The amount of waiting is just killing me!!! Like NYULI, please just send us an email if they still expect some waitlist movement or not! Or tell us if any of the tracks are fully committed!
Didn’t they send out an email this week? I got one just sort of general that they will continue to pull from waitlist as spots become available and that they would definitely let us know by their CTE deadline. Their CTE is June 21 so we should know by then they said!
drdream314
Full Member
oh no I didn’t get this generic email :/Didn’t they send out an email this week? I got one just sort of general that they will continue to pull from waitlist as spots become available and that they would definitely let us know by their CTE deadline. Their CTE is June 21 so we should know by then they said!
I also didn't get this email 😢Didn’t they send out an email this week? I got one just sort of general that they will continue to pull from waitlist as spots become available and that they would definitely let us know by their CTE deadline. Their CTE is June 21 so we should know by then they said!
I dont know if it means anything that I didnt get this email. I wonder if they sent that email to WL applicants who might still be in the running. If that is the case, then the least they could have done was send a rejection to students who are no longer going to be considered. This process is soooo draining and ridiculously long.
Original waitlist email just said priority waitlist like everyone else I think? But this email said high priority waitlist. I don’t think they’re different though? Like I said, it seemed like a very standard update email. And my track was surgery so I don’t think chances of WL movement are particularly high sadly 🙁
drdream314
Full Member
oh maybe it’s just for the surgery track? i was the IM track so maybe that’s why I didn’t get it?
You may be right! I am also IM track, and I didnt get it either.oh maybe it’s just for the surgery track? i was the IM track so maybe that’s why I didn’t get it?
Me neither!oh maybe it’s just for the surgery track? i was the IM track so maybe that’s why I didn’t get it?
Anyway, I felt a little calmer throughout this process knowing I wasn't the only one lol.
So grateful to have an A elsewhere but will be going very far out of state since I didn't have another option. I'm hoping to return to NY one day [emoji1696]
Best wishes to everyone wherever you end up!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!!You may be right! I am also IM track, and I didnt get it either.
drdream314
Full Member
regardless of track, does anyone know if the class is full yet? ik it’s a long shot to get off the WL bc it’s such a small class but it’s my top school and i rly wanna go here - but also rly fortunate to have an A elsewhere!!
I wish i had an answer for you! but based on my very obsessive research about NYULI, they would send out emails at the end of may in the past if a certain track was fully commited (meaning that students in ob/gyn, for example, may have all selected commit to enroll, etc). it seems like they didnt send any communication like tht yet, so maybe the class is not full? Maybe the people in the current class havent selected "Commit to Enroll" yet?regardless of track, does anyone know if the class is full yet? ik it’s a long shot to get off the WL bc it’s such a small class but it’s my top school and i rly wanna go here - but also rly fortunate to have an A elsewhere!!
drdream314
Full Member
oooh okay I didn’t realize that about the tracks so I guess everything is still possible rnI wish i had an answer for you! but based on my very obsessive research about NYULI, they would send out emails at the end of may in the past if a certain track was fully commited (meaning that students in ob/gyn, for example, may have all selected commit to enroll, etc). it seems like they didnt send any communication like tht yet, so maybe the class is not full? Maybe the people in the current class havent selected "Commit to Enroll" yet?
drdream314
Full Member
also no idea sorry 🙁Also, would anyone happen to know if there is an accepted students Group me or FB group? Maybe that would be a good way to gauge space in the class?
You can’t join it unless you’re accepted. 🙁Maybe a current member will take mercy on you & DM you an updateAlso, would anyone happen to know if there is an accepted students Group me or FB group? Maybe that would be a good way to gauge space in the class?
drdream314
Full Member
just got the email that the class is full. it’s been real y’all 🫡 good luck wherever you all end up!! ❤️