2022-2023 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So are decisions supposed to come out on Tuesday?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
So are decisions supposed to come out on Tuesday?
theoretically yes! I could have sworn the MSAR said Feb 14th, but my access expired so I can't confirm.

who else for the OB track is in the final pool? trying to gauge my chances haha

From MSAR:
“Acceptance notice - earliest date sent
February 14, 2023”

Members don't see this ad :)
They better not break my heart on Valentine's Day...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I'm a current student and can answer any questions you have. Good luck on decisions!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Has the decision date been confirmed as the 15th?
Last year they came out on the 15th which was a Tuesday. This year their earliest date is listed as tomorrow, also a Tuesday, so definitely this week? Unsure which day exactly

But if anyone wants to take one for the team and call the admissions office 👀

I noticed that whenever the school states “mid-month,” I received notifications on the 14th. On MSAR, it says acceptances can go out on February 14th, the earliest. So be on the lookout starting tomorrow!!

Reactions: 1 users
And also based on last year, people get calls for As first and then they sent out the Rs/WLs via email on the same day. Last year's thread was also a total disaster so they were super active posting

Good luck to everyone! I’m terrified for tomorrow. I also assumed that finalists would be placed on waitlist if not accepted, but from last year’s thread, I noticed that there were a lot of rejections. So fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
And also based on last year, people get calls for As first and then they sent out the Rs/WLs via email on the same day. Last year's thread was also a total disaster so they were super active posting
Do we know when the calls started? Any previous posts stating when they starting calling?

Do we know when the calls started? Any previous posts stating when they starting calling?
Someone got a text around 9am last year asking them to call the IM clerkship director
Phone call after that was reported around 9:30am EST

Someone got a text around 9am last year asking them to call the IM clerkship director
Phone call after that was reported around 9:30am EST
Yes apparently if you don't answer they text you! Unclear if the text is like "you're accepted!" or "call us back"

Good luck to everyone this week! Especially those of us in the tiny specialties with only 2 spots 😳😭😬🙃

Reactions: 3 users
Yes apparently if you don't answer they text you! Unclear if the text is like "you're accepted!" or "call us back"
Sounded like a "please return my call" text from the thread last year

Anyone else's day like completely ruined by the anticipation? I'm supposed to leave for work right now, but I keep looking at SDN instead

• Care
Anyone else's day like completely ruined by the anticipation? I'm supposed to leave for work right now, but I keep looking at SDN instead
It's gonna get soooooo much worse tomorrow. At least today we know there won't be any calls. But tomorrow? Rip

• Care
Those who don't get a call tomorrow, don't be disappointed. I didn't get the call until May 31st. It's not over till its over guys!

Those who don't get a call tomorrow, don't be disappointed. I didn't get the call until May 31st. It's not over till its over guys!
You’re at NYULISOM?! Oh this is such wonderful news 😊

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!! If anyone hears any news, please post! Having major anxiety today 😅

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!! If anyone hears any news, please post! Having major anxiety today 😅
I'm thinking that since it's 945 est already and nobody has posted, today isn't the day!

I'm thinking that since it's 945 est already and nobody has posted, today isn't the day!
Yeah, maybe not. There is an accepted student facebook group (not the MCATBro one) with only an admin added. So I'm guessing that means no one has gotten a call yet.

anybody know for sure calls are coming out today or are we all just clowning in anxiety for no reason? 😂

anybody know for sure calls are coming out today or are we all just clowning in anxiety for no reason? 😂
Option #2 🤡 and I know I won't be able to stop myself

Im pretty sure this is the week they told my interview group, they didn't say an exact date

Option #2 🤡 and I know I won't be able to stop myself

Im pretty sure this is the week they told my interview group, they didn't say an exact date
Yeah, they said mid feb when I interviewed. And I guess MSAR said 2/14 first day they would send acceptances, and last year was the 15th? But the year before was March 11/12 and the year before that was all over the place

yay to maybe probably calls starting today! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Loving the optimism. Every notification on here is simultaneously giving me anxiety and also giving me life lol

Reactions: 10 users
I assume today isn’t the day either. I’m really starting to sweat 😅

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
So to quell anxiety, I'm wondering who's lurking on this thread as far as specialty preferences:
😍 IM (I'm biased)
👍 Surgery
😳 Obgyn
🤣 Peds

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
They did say mid February so I mean it has to be sometime soon right? Lol

Last year it was Mid Feb, 2020-2021 cycle it was 3/11.
Let's hope it's before that!

So to quell anxiety, I'm wondering who's lurking on this thread as far as specialty preferences:
😍 IM (I'm biased)
👍 Surgery
😳 Obgyn
🤣 Peds
Yes I was curious too!

I am in final pool for peds

Final pool for IM :love:. Sending love and good vibes to everybody in this thread.

Final pool for Peds! This wait is making me crazy anxious >-<

Last edited by a moderator:
are you guys saying you just got notified today you are in the final pool? What date did you interview?

Last edited:
Omg wait are you guys saying you just got notified today you are in the final pool? What date did you interview?
Oh no, we are in the final pool already, but we are awaiting a final decision! So, we are writing what specialty we applied to.

Oh no, we are in the final pool already, but we are awaiting a final decision! So, we are writing what specialty we applied to.
LOL I was like omg if they are still releasing that when are we ever going to get decisions!

Just curious, for how many of you is this school your first choice?

Reactions: 8 users