You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 NYU - Long Island
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dreamyymd
Full Member
theoretically yes! I could have sworn the MSAR said Feb 14th, but my access expired so I can't confirm.So are decisions supposed to come out on Tuesday?
who else for the OB track is in the final pool? trying to gauge my chances haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
showkayaker
Full Member
Agh so nervous
They better not break my heart on Valentine's Day...
Hi all, I'm a current student and can answer any questions you have. Good luck on decisions!
showkayaker
Full Member
Thank you! What track are you in? And how do you like the school? How did you find the pacing of the first year?Hi all, I'm a current student and can answer any questions you have. Good luck on decisions!
D
deleted1116035
Has the decision date been confirmed as the 15th?
Last year they came out on the 15th which was a Tuesday. This year their earliest date is listed as tomorrow, also a Tuesday, so definitely this week? Unsure which day exactlyHas the decision date been confirmed as the 15th?
But if anyone wants to take one for the team and call the admissions office 👀
And also based on last year, people get calls for As first and then they sent out the Rs/WLs via email on the same day. Last year's thread was also a total disaster so they were super active posting
Do we know when the calls started? Any previous posts stating when they starting calling?And also based on last year, people get calls for As first and then they sent out the Rs/WLs via email on the same day. Last year's thread was also a total disaster so they were super active posting
Someone got a text around 9am last year asking them to call the IM clerkship directorDo we know when the calls started? Any previous posts stating when they starting calling?
Phone call after that was reported around 9:30am EST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes apparently if you don't answer they text you! Unclear if the text is like "you're accepted!" or "call us back"Someone got a text around 9am last year asking them to call the IM clerkship director
Phone call after that was reported around 9:30am EST
Good luck to everyone this week! Especially those of us in the tiny specialties with only 2 spots 😳😭😬🙃
Sounded like a "please return my call" text from the thread last yearYes apparently if you don't answer they text you! Unclear if the text is like "you're accepted!" or "call us back"
It's gonna get soooooo much worse tomorrow. At least today we know there won't be any calls. But tomorrow? RipAnyone else's day like completely ruined by the anticipation? I'm supposed to leave for work right now, but I keep looking at SDN instead
D
deleted1148079
i need some big time coping skills tomorrow
Those who don't get a call tomorrow, don't be disappointed. I didn't get the call until May 31st. It's not over till its over guys!
You’re at NYULISOM?! Oh this is such wonderful news 😊Those who don't get a call tomorrow, don't be disappointed. I didn't get the call until May 31st. It's not over till its over guys!
Yup I am! Stay positive regardless of whether or not you hear back tmrw 🙏🏽You’re at NYULISOM?! Oh this is such wonderful news 😊
I'm thinking that since it's 945 est already and nobody has posted, today isn't the day!Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!! If anyone hears any news, please post! Having major anxiety today 😅
Yeah, maybe not. There is an accepted student facebook group (not the MCATBro one) with only an admin added. So I'm guessing that means no one has gotten a call yet.I'm thinking that since it's 945 est already and nobody has posted, today isn't the day!
D
deleted1116035
Good luck everyone 🙂
anybody know for sure calls are coming out today or are we all just clowning in anxiety for no reason? 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Option #2 🤡 and I know I won't be able to stop myselfanybody know for sure calls are coming out today or are we all just clowning in anxiety for no reason? 😂
Im pretty sure this is the week they told my interview group, they didn't say an exact date
Yeah, they said mid feb when I interviewed. And I guess MSAR said 2/14 first day they would send acceptances, and last year was the 15th? But the year before was March 11/12 and the year before that was all over the placeOption #2 🤡 and I know I won't be able to stop myself
Im pretty sure this is the week they told my interview group, they didn't say an exact date
Loving the optimism. Every notification on here is simultaneously giving me anxiety and also giving me life lolyay to maybe probably calls starting today! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY
Looks like the waiting game is not over yet. We must be patient
I’m on hold and not in the final pool. Do I have a chance? 😅
Looking at last year's thread, yes you do! There were people who reported an A without being in the final pool too.I’m on hold and not in the final pool. Do I have a chance? 😅
Thank you for giving me hope!Looking at last year's thread, yes you do! There were people who reported an A without being in the final pool too.
showkayaker
Full Member
They did say mid February so I mean it has to be sometime soon right? Lol
one would think 😅😅😅They did say mid February so I mean it has to be sometime soon right? Lol
I would assume it's going to be before Tuesday, since that is when the CYMS tool opensThey did say mid February so I mean it has to be sometime soon right? Lol
Last year it was Mid Feb, 2020-2021 cycle it was 3/11.
Let's hope it's before that!
Let's hope it's before that!
Yes I was curious too!So to quell anxiety, I'm wondering who's lurking on this thread as far as specialty preferences:
😍 IM (I'm biased)
👍 Surgery
😳 Obgyn
🤣 Peds
I am in final pool for peds
Final pool for IM 😍. Sending love and good vibes to everybody in this thread.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1140792
Final pool for Peds! This wait is making me crazy anxious >-<
Last edited by a moderator:
showkayaker
Full Member
are you guys saying you just got notified today you are in the final pool? What date did you interview?
Last edited:
Oh no, we are in the final pool already, but we are awaiting a final decision! So, we are writing what specialty we applied to.Omg wait are you guys saying you just got notified today you are in the final pool? What date did you interview?
showkayaker
Full Member
LOL I was like omg if they are still releasing that when are we ever going to get decisions!Oh no, we are in the final pool already, but we are awaiting a final decision! So, we are writing what specialty we applied to.
Just curious, for how many of you is this school your first choice?