2022-2023 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious, for how many of you is this school your first choice?

1000% top choice for me, I have 0 family contribution so I need to take out loans for almost everything for med school. Debt and tuition free would save my life ;-;

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
1000% top choice for me, I have 0 family contribution so I need to take out loans for almost everything for med school. Debt and tuition free would save my life ;-;
I wish an A goes to you my friend!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 2.42.57 PM.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just curious, for how many of you is this school your first choice?
Been my dream to go here since they founded it, I live right nearby (have for my entire life), very passionate about overall health and wellness in our younger generation, and being of service to my community - I always felt it would be a very good fit, hoping for the best!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! What track are you in? And how do you like the school? How did you find the pacing of the first year?
I like it a lot! It's definitely small but that comes with a lot of pros too - working closely with professors, close contact with the deans, getting to know your classmates well. First year pacing is fast but everyone is going through it together and the school really supports you all the way through.

Reactions: 1 user
At what point did NYULISOM get our phone numbers? I recently changed mine and I have no idea where to update it.

At what point did NYULISOM get our phone numbers? I recently changed mine and I have no idea where to update it.
It should be the one on your AAMC account. You can update there! I’m sure they’ll follow up with an email if anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the help. Any idea where to go within AAMC? Pretty sure I’ve clicked every tab trying to find a phone number.

Appreciate the help. Any idea where to go within AAMC? Pretty sure I’ve clicked every tab trying to find a phone number.
I think you need to change your phone number within your AAMC profile? Not exactly sure how though

I suggest you email or phone the admissions office asap. Even if you change it on your AAMC profile it is unlikely that the person making the calls will see it in time since they likely would have to redownload your application to see the change.

When you guys get calls today please let me know if there’s a follow up email

I really wish we knew how many were in the final pool 😭 And if it's proportional to spots/specialty

are only acceptances going out today or will we also be notified of waitlist or rejections?

are only acceptances going out today or will we also be notified of waitlist or rejections?
last year emails regarding WL/Rs went out in the afternoon, but also last year calls started going out at like 9am so idk if it'll be the same

I received a text to call admissions at 9:02 this morning. I got my A!! I wish you all the best! 🥳

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I received a text to call admissions at 9:02 this morning. I got my A!! I wish you all the best! 🥳
Congrats!! Did they text because you missed the original call or they just told you to text?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone wanna take one for the team and call admissions to see if all calls have been made

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
okay because i'm *neurotic* - according to last year's thread, they started sending out rejection emails around 345 and waitlist emails around 415. they continued even through the next morning. but also by this time last year 6 people had reported As across all specialties (i think) so it may be different?

Reactions: 4 users
Not because because you're neurotic, but bc you're a hero. Thanks for this! Really wondering if people have been told not to report this year.
That's an interesting point - I will say it would really really suck if you see on sdn that your specialty filled up before admissions emails you, but i can't imagine them telling people not to post on an arbitrary forum? unless you've heard of other schools doing that before?

Congrats!! Did they text because you missed the original call or they just told you to text?
The text came first. It said that they had exciting news and asked me to call as soon as possible.

The text came first. It said that they had exciting news and asked me to call as soon as possible.
Thank you for sharing! I guess if they sent out that text then they have probably contacted everyone by now since that doesn’t seem like it would take all day

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I think nibryce99 was a special case (maybe peds in general)? Because I don't see the sense in making this twitter post at 10a.m. if they had already sent texts out at 9a.m. Sit tight everyone.

• Hmm