You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 NYU - Long Island
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
@goldmirror trying to understand the career path. After the residency how many years do the doctors serve locally. Is there any mandate? What is the scope of getting a job elsewhere?
Thanks
@goldmirror can expand but my understanding is there’s no requirement to even do your residency at NYU LI hospital. You have it as an option of course, but it is not a requirement for you to stay for residency or afterwards.
Thanks. How competitive would you be if you complete a 3 year degree with other applicants with a 4 year degree when you apply outside?@goldmirror can expand but my understanding is there’s no requirement to even do your residency at NYU LI hospital. You have it as an option of course, but it is not a requirement for you to stay for residency or afterwards.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi sorry for the late reply! What Sunshine_MD said was correct. It’s harder for sure to be a 3 year degree in the match purely because of time to spend on board exams, research, extracurricular, but our students match well every year. This Friday is match day so we will find out where the third year class ends up, but to my knowledge everybody matched and did not have to soap (even those who went to a different specialty than what they began with).Thanks. How competitive would you be if you complete a 3 year degree with other applicants with a 4 year degree when you apply outside?
not yet, I was on high priority WL and didnt hear back yetDid anyone hear about waitlist decisions yet? On their website, they listed that waitlist applicants will start to hear back starting April 1.
Wait a sec.. there is a high priority waitlist and a priority waitlist?!not yet, I was on high priority WL and didnt hear back yet
No my bad they are the sameWait a sec.. there is a high priority waitlist and a priority waitlist?!
drdream314
Full Member
anyone hear anything about waitlist yet?
Not yet. this is my dream school and it just sucks. I'd give my whole kidney for this place lol
I mean I have not heard something, I promise y'all would be the first to know if I did lol
drdream314
Full Member
just got it too!Got the wish to remain on WL email! I think they sent this in prior years as well as the Apr 30 deadline approaches.
same!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew IM waitlist
drdream314
Full Member
so they will probably start to pull from WL around 4/30?
please admit me off the WL, id sell my kidney oof 🙁
drdream314
Full Member
seconding this 😓please admit me off the WL, id sell my kidney oof 🙁
drdream314
Full Member
Anyone hear about any WL movement?
not yet....Anyone hear about any WL movement?
please accept me off of pediatrics 🙁
drdream314
Full Member
lol same ofc i have a day off in the middle of all this 😰Manifesting that we all get good news today! I am trying to keep myself busy on my day off [emoji28]
drdream314
Full Member
haven’t heard anything at all 🫡 does anyone know if the school has said anything about starting WL movement?The wait is literally killing me and there is less than 2 hours left in the business day! If anyone received an acceptance, can you please let us know (even if it is a private DM)?
On their website, it stated that April 1st was when they would start accepting WL applicants. Idk how trustworthy that information was though. I tried to call them as well, but the wait time is just so long that I wasnt able to get through. Idk what they are doing, but some transparency at this point in the cycle would be super helpful, considering that we have around 2.5 months before classes start and there is a lot of prep that needs to take place (such as finding housing, financing, etc).haven’t heard anything at all 🫡 does anyone know if the school has said anything about starting WL movement?
they did say In the email the coming weeks they anticipate movement. I think we all just need to stay calm and wait honestly....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drdream314
Full Member
anyone hear anything?
benjaminviolet
New Member
Has anyone heard anything as of today? The school is taking unusually long so I'm inclined to believe ppl have been pulled off the waitlist but aren't posting
drdream314
Full Member
haven’t heard anything yet. tried to call today just to see what the timeline is but i waited for half an hour and then gave up bc i was on my work break lolHas anyone heard anything as of today? The school is taking unusually long so I'm inclined to believe ppl have been pulled off the waitlist but aren't posting
Nothing here. One thing that comes to mind is delayed FAFSAs likely mean people had delayed financial aid and may have stuck with GLISOM as it was safer to go tuition free than wait for a package that probably wouldn’t have arrived by the PTE deadline. I think it is highly likely waitlist movement hasn’t even occurred over people just not posting about it given how small the class is and the fact fin aid was so screwed up this year.
I was going through the sdn threads of the last couple of cycles and it seemed like they started releasing WL results May 1 and 2. Also, it seemed like they started to release WL rejections on May 4 of last year. Given that no one reported anything yet, I would say maybe they havent released any sort of decision? I also would like to note that it seems like other schools are also releasing WL results later than usual, so I would still hold on to hope that we will hear back soon! I think it is completely feasible to think that the FAFSA fiasco definitely is changing up the timeline for admissions!
drdream314
Full Member
not that this is any big news but i called earlier today and they said they could not give a prediction when waitlist movement would start
drdream314
Full Member
still nothing?
Imma be honest, I think they definitely did have some WL movement, but maybe no one posted since the class is so small. I am finding it hard to believe that they havent released any WL decisions when it is already past the halfway mark of May. Still keeping hope to get in from the WL, but really would like to move on and sign for my apartment...
Yeah I think the same, although I guess the sliver of hope comes from prior years seeing the rejections follow quickly ... I'm in the same boat though, apartment hunting hours away from a different state while eyeing my inbox!Imma be honest, I think they definitely did have some WL movement, but maybe no one posted since the class is so small. I am finding it hard to believe that they havent released any WL decisions when it is already past the halfway mark of May. Still keeping hope to get in from the WL, but really would like to move on and sign for my apartment...
May we all have some definitive answers at least next week [emoji28]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drdream314
Full Member
so WL movement is probably over now?
A lot of it is just speculation. Unless the school says explicitly that they are not taking any more students from the WL, we should just wait?so WL movement is probably over now?
drdream314
Full Member
nope 😔Did anyone else get a second email about a waitlist update on May 9? It said there has already been some modest movement and they expect more in the coming weeks.
i did not get one either. Awww that makes me so sad!Did anyone else get a second email about a waitlist update on May 9? It said there has already been some modest movement and they expect more in the coming weeks.