2023-2024 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys happen to know if it is possible for somebody applied for MD/MPH program but only accepted into MD?
Yes! As long as you indicated on your application that you would be interested in MD-only, then it's possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for an interview? Have any of you been rejected without II?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed around mid-November still waiting to hear back? I noticed they sent out a round of acceptances over a week ago for people who interviewed later than me and am starting to get worried… does anyone know how often they send out results?

Anyone who interviewed around mid-November still waiting to hear back? I noticed they sent out a round of acceptances over a week ago for people who interviewed later than me and am starting to get worried… does anyone know how often they send out results?
I interviewed on 11/16 and am still waiting to hear back as well. It doesn’t seem like they review applications in any particular order or timeline, but hopefully we’ll hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Stats?
The admissions committee is blinded to your stats at OHSU. Stats may have a very small influence on interview invitations but after that really don't factor in.

For applicants who are dead set on OHSU: focus on making yourself interesting and focus on service. I know this can be hard info to trust, but OHSU really doesn't place value on stats. I have classmates with MCAT scores ranging from 498-520 and a whole gamut of GPAs.

If it helps you to obsess over these details to while away the time, then you do you, but for anyone who might be a reapplicant, I would strongly encourage you to relax about your stats and work on doing activities that make you a compelling human being.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
With February around the corner, does anybody know if OHSU is still sending out interview invites?

I interviewed 9/12 and in November they notified me that I’m on hold. I’m dying to hear a decision.

interviewed in early dec dying from the wait ughhh

is this ur guys top school choice? Im an out of state applicant and was hoesntly shocked when i got an II, I am absolutely in love with the school but honestly as a POC and worried that their class isnt as diverse as some of the other ones ive seen.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed in early dec dying from the wait ughhh

is this ur guys top school choice? Im an out of state applicant and was hoesntly shocked when i got an II, I am absolutely in love with the school but honestly as a POC and worried that their class isnt as diverse as some of the other ones ive seen.

head over heels in love over here!! interviewed in November with no news

OOS file complete today 1/31. Submitted my secondary 8/2 and checked my portal out of curiosity today to find that I got a "file complete" update. Didn't get an email though. (Pre-II)

• Care
OOS file complete today 1/31. Submitted my secondary 8/2 and checked my portal out of curiosity today to find that I got a "file complete" update. Didn't get an email though. (Pre-II)
I saw that too. I’m wondering what it may mean, if anything

i got placed on hold 9 days ago via portal but still no email. interview date: 10/16

• Wow
I checked my portal today and there was a final decision notice (OOS Pre-II R) but I never got an email

Last edited:
  • Care
I checked my portal but nothing that says I’ve been rejected yet. I’m OOS and I think I fit in the mission based part of the review so I’m not sure if that’s still being reviewed.

Is this a good sign I haven’t been rejected yet?

• Hmm
I checked my portal but nothing that says I’ve been rejected yet. I’m OOS and I think I fit in the mission based part of the review so I’m not sure if that’s still being reviewed.

Is this a good sign I haven’t been rejected yet?
+1

I checked my portal today and there was a final decision notice (OOS Pre-II R) but I never got an email
+1

personally i think it’s pretty rude to not send us an email? i’m confused by that. i also feel like the wording of the R was a bit cold

Reactions: 7 users
lmaooo ohsu aint shiii. how you reject me with no email,like wthhhh :mad::mad:

Reactions: 4 users
Hi I am approaching 12 weeks post interview but still have not gotten a response on email nor portal. I’m reading that OHSU doesn’t provide results chronologically but 12 weeks seems kind of like a long time and I’m getting skeptical… anyone else on the same boat or have advice? Thanks!!

i’m at 11 weeks myself but honestly with thanksgiving, christmas, and new years i think our 11/12 weeks isn’t really 11/12 weeks if that makes sense

Has anyone heard back from MD/MPH? I interviewed the week of 9/25 and still haven't heard anything...

For those of you that saw you've gotten the R pre-II, where did it show on your portal? I just want to make sure I'm not potentially missing it. I'm OOS and submitted my secondary 7/30, was marked complete on 9/6, but still haven't heard anything.