2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were recommended courses last cycle that were going to be required this cycle (cell bio, physiology, etc.), but they changed the course list, so nothing is required this cycle (just recommended again).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From the secondary app itself:
Rush Medical College does not require pre-requisite coursework in which to apply. However, Rush believes the following recommended courses will better prepare you for both the MCAT exam and the pre-clerkship curriculum at Rush. Please select and complete the following information for all recommended coursework (completed or in-progress) included on your AMCAS academic record:

Reactions: 2 users
There were recommended courses last cycle that were going to be required this cycle (cell bio, physiology, etc.), but they changed the course list, so nothing is required this cycle (just recommended again).
yes, this is all I meant to say. glad I was not completely imagining that. I just looked at the website in March 2023 and the cell bio/physio req for this cycle had completely changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all interpret #5 as setbacks or difficulties faced non-pandemic related, or just a free-for-all response that we can expand upon anything?

Do you all interpret #5 as setbacks or difficulties faced non-pandemic related, or just a free-for-all response that we can expand upon anything?
It doesn't specify setbacks, so I think you could use it to say anything you think might help you towards this school, something new, or something you wanted more space to discuss in your primary. Just leave out COVID-related things as you had that space in #3.
Good luck!

So i completely forgot to take duet for casper, do you guys think my application wont even be considered or has there been anyone in the same situation who has gotten an II?

So i completely forgot to take duet for casper, do you guys think my application wont even be considered or has there been anyone in the same situation who has gotten an II?
I believe Rush only requires Casper for this cycle; Duet is not required until next year's cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you!
It doesn't specify setbacks, so I think you could use it to say anything you think might help you towards this school, something new, or something you wanted more space to discuss in your primary. Just leave out COVID-related things as you had that space in #3.
Good luck!

OOS II just now! LM 67 I’m thrilled!!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS II! Eeeekk! Complete 8/23

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS ii LM68 so excited!! complete 8/14 two LORs from service oriented ecs

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II LM66 I literally started screaming when i saw the subject heading omg first MD interview i going crazy

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
OOS II this morning!! LM 68 complete 7/13

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any information on the interview here as well as how to prep??

For those who have received interviews, congratulations and well deserved! I was wondering if you guys mind sharing how many volunteering hours you have? Thanks!

For those who have received an II, did your portal update with an interview tab or did you just receive a scheduling email from Thalamus?

For those who have received an II, did your portal update with an interview tab or did you just receive a scheduling email from Thalamus?

First I received an email from thalamus, then I received an email with a portal update a week before my interview date, then I received a packet about the program through email.

First I received an email from thalamus, then I received an email with a portal update a week before my interview date, then I received a packet about the program through email.
Thalamus LMAOO

OOS II yesterday!! Rush is literally my dream school i am over the moon!!! LM 65

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone who interviewed last week, how was the interview day?

Does anyone know if they are lenient at all on the letter of recommendation requirements?

Is anyone attending to the pre interview zoom mixer thing the night before the interview? if so how should we dress?

IS Been complete since 7/14, nothing yet! Rush says they send secondary applications to those they seriously consider interviewing so how many are seriously considered since they interview only 450 a year on average?

IS Been complete since 7/14, nothing yet! Rush says they send secondary applications to those they seriously consider interviewing so how many are seriously considered since they interview only 450 a year on average?

from previous cycles, it looks like they still extend secondaries to 8500ish applicants so I’m not sure getting a secondary means much