2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to say Rush’s interview has been my favorite one so far for those who have one coming up. The faculty and med students were so welcoming! The two interviews themselves were very conversational and I felt like they asked reasonable questions based on their mission.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed heard back yet?

No but I feel like we will hear tomorrow for late Sep people. They kind of alluded to it being on the 16th
I remember being told 2.5 weeks from the interview date. Which for me is Friday. Maybe tomorrow for those who interviewed earlier?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what time they usually send out decisions?

• Hmm
I just received a secondary (OOS), and my primary was sent at the end of July...worth submitting at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard back yet, they did say decisions would be out today on 10/16. So anxious waiting!

The anticipation has been KILLING me today. I really hope they keep to their word and send out admission decisions today

Reactions: 5 users
The anticipation has been KILLING me today. I really hope they keep to their word and send out admission decisions today

I checked the 2022-23 cycle SDN posts. Someone posted on 2:16 and 5:57 regarding acceptance.
For 2021-22 cycle: 11:42, 11:49, 1:23, 1:38, 4:25 regarding waitlists and acceptances.

Last edited:
Tempted to just email them at this point.

I checked the 2022-23 cycle SDN posts. Someone posted on 2:16 and 5:57 regarding acceptance.
For 2021-22 cycle: 11:42, 11:49, 1:23, 1:38, 4:25 regarding waitlists and acceptances.

Sounds like it could be this evening then. Are these all CST?

they said they only send As on fridays. Two weeks and two days after your interview. And since all interviews are on wednesdays, then friday.

they said they only send As on fridays. Two weeks and two days after your interview. And since all interviews are on wednesdays, then friday.
Although they did tell my interview group (9/20) that we would hear back today because it was the first day they are allowed to send acceptances and it is past the typical 2 weeks and 2 days

interviewed 9/27 and they also told us we would hear back 10/16

got waitlisted :/ does anyone know usually if people tend to get off the waitlist here or if there's much movement?

• Care
IS A… at a complete loss for words right now. Thought I bombed my interview. unreal

I just received a secondary (OOS), and my primary was sent at the end of July...worth submitting at this point?
Might as well, as long as you are financially able to. They technically "holistically" send out secondaries (not sure how much they screen them). I got mine sent to me months late and I submitted it. Rather give myself a sliver of a chance as the cycle is long...As long as you are financially able to without stress.

how did yall feel post interview, like did you think it went well or was it meh?

how did yall feel post interview, like did you think it went well or was it meh?
i feel like most people generally feel pretty good afterwards since theyre more conversational? but im wondering what sets applicants apart then since there's so much variability. would definitely like more input from those who've received decisions already!

i feel like most people generally feel pretty good afterwards since theyre more conversational? but im wondering what sets applicants apart then since there's so much variability. would definitely like more input from those who've received decisions already!
I actually did not feel well following one of my interviews here. It felt like I was grilled pretty hard about health policy questions that I wasn’t prepared for and I couldn’t tell if they liked or hated my responses. They weren’t mean or anything, just a bit more stoic than I’m used to compared to other interviewers. They knew they were grilling me too lol, mentioned how they were gonna let me off the hot seat them passed me to the other interviewer.

For my second interviewer, I felt amazing about it and my interviewer and I got along very well and had many similarities.

And I got the A! So the way you may feel about your interview may or may not predict whether you will be accepted. You never know, and we are usually our worst critics. Stay positive friends, you have made it this far!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Have an interview coming up in a few weeks. Can those who already interviewed provide any comment on what the open file and closed file interviews were like? For the open file anything more than just reviewing my primary and secondary in and out? For the closed file what do you guys recommend preparing for? Some healthy policy apparently?

Complete 8/9 and silence so far. Does Rush utilize silent rejections? Idk if this was discussed earlier up in thread

Can someone explain what a pre-II R or A is exactly? I’ve been trying to google but I don’t see exactly what it is or how ppl know they got one
A pre-II R means the school rejected you before an interview, a post-II R means that you interviewed there and then they rejected you, and finally an A means an acceptance. Typically you would know if you got rejected or accepted through email or phone call. All the abbreviations can definitely get confusing haha. Lmk if you need more clarification with all that!

Can someone explain what a pre-II R or A is exactly? I’ve been trying to google but I don’t see exactly what it is or how ppl know they got one
Pre-II R means they turned you down (Rejected you) after reading your application but without offering you a chance to interview.

A Means Acceptance or admission.
Either of these is usually communicated by email, of a few schools like to give the good news of an admission in a phone call.

Ahh wait sorry, I meant a *silent* pre-II R or A that’s the term I’m confused with and how you know if you have one or not -sorry but thank you for your explanations!
A silent A??? No such thing.
Many applicants think they have been silently rejected when they haven’t heard from a school for a while. The application process is very long and so are the waiting times.

Got the A!!! accepted on 10/16 super late evening. Felt like I spoke gibberish but I guess it was fine lol. Biggest tip is to read up on health inequities. I think the interview was somewhat conversational but also there were moments where the interviewer grilled me on some things. Overall it was good but really know the school!! Message me if you want more advice I could ramble on lol u love rush sm

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
can someone say what time they got the email with the decision? i work so i need to prepare myself as best as possible

Complete 8/9 and silence so far. Does Rush utilize silent rejections? Idk if this was discussed earlier up in thread
I was in a similar boat, sent an email asking if any additional info was needed. Was told my stuff was still complete and that I would have received a secondary if they deemed it appropriate. Got a secondary 2 days later.

anyone else really nervous for tomorrow lol. previous threads had emails sent around 10-11 am but this year they are being sent around 7pm

anyone else really nervous for tomorrow lol. previous threads had emails sent around 10-11 am but this year they are being sent around 7pm
Yes! Fingers crossed for morning. I know if I worked in admissions I wouldn't want to work into the evening on a Friday!